Warren Sapp blames refs for loss

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Article:
Raiders lineman Warren Sapp wanted to see a replay because he thought Blackmon stepped out of bounds.

"I don't think Shane has ever had a punt return for a TD, and the dude stepped out of bounds on that one," Sapp said. "Everybody was against us today; that's why we got 38 points put up on us."

----------------------------------------

Sure, Warren, everybody was against you. It's a conspiracy! Sapp-spiracy!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Article:
Raiders lineman Warren Sapp wanted to see a replay because he thought Blackmon stepped out of bounds.

"I don't think Shane has ever had a punt return for a TD, and the dude stepped out of bounds on that one," Sapp said. "Everybody was against us today; that's why we got 38 points put up on us."

----------------------------------------

Sure, Warren, everybody was against you. It's a conspiracy! Sapp-spiracy!

Ok. Fine. Then where was the red challenge flag?
That was a clear mistake by the refs that should have been challenged but wasn't. As far as I'm concerned, the Raiders dropped the ball by not dropping their red flag.

They had one more bad call against them and that was an offensive pass interference that costed the Raiders a first down.

Now, saying that first and goal on the Raiders 5, they stop us three downs and we settle for an easy field goal, and that first down the Raiders would have made leads to a TD. final score - Packers 34 Raiders 14. Yes, a completely different game. (I'm being sarcastic).

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason he is saying that is that he is frustrated about the Refs, and it is the norm for the Raiders.

See my comment on that in the post game thead. I am not going to repeat it. Sapp has a valid *****, but it did not cost the Raider the game.

R.P.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Cullen Jenkins blasted the quarterback on Atari's pick, do you think Sack had any second thoughts about taking a cheap shot on Clifton years ago?

I was really hoping Sack would be carted off the field today, but then I should probably get over it. There should be a place in the Hall of Fame for guys like Warren, Romanowski, John Lynch, Rodney Harrison. Call it the dirty hallway or something.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The only reason he is saying that is that he is frustrated about the Refs, and it is the norm for the Raiders.

See my comment on that in the post game thead. I am not going to repeat it. Sapp has a valid *****, but it did not cost the Raider the game.

R.P.

Ok so the refs missed the call on Blackmon. Again why doesn't he get POed at his coach for not challenging? They easily would have won the challenge.

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like Sapp is doing the same thing some Ravens players did last week, and they were disciplined by the league. He may not have questioned their integrity, but he challenged their competence, and the league should fine him if they want to be consistent.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

Ok so the refs missed the call on Blackmon. Again why doesn't he get POed at his coach for not challenging? They easily would have won the challenge.

Because young "Coach K" would grab him by the balls and walk him to the door if he criticized him.

As (Our Future Moderator.) Trom pointed out in the game day chat: Packers would have scored anyway from the six yard line the way Grant and Brett were playing, so it is a moot ***** and Sapp should have kept his mouth shut.

Side Note: I just saw on E.S.P.N. that since week 8 Grant leads the league in rushing.

Is that cool for the people who said the Pack can not go any place in the bad weather of the playoffs on Brett's arm and the Fab 5 alone?

Grant is a brilliant pick up. Atta go T.T. and M.M.

R.P.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

Thats right! THEIR team "dropped the ball" by NOT challenging!
Hey Warren baby.....WHO'S fault is THAT???? They had the time to throw the flag, and didn't. They HAD their chance, and blew it.
Yes, the PI call was bogus, as far as i could see. Thats the ONLY call that i saw that was iffy.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The refs did mess up on the P.I. call. Poppinga getting toasted once again in pass coverage. Blackmon stepping out of bounds - so what? Throw the challenge flag, that's what it's there for.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gannon even stated that it looked like he stepped out well before the PAT.

Maybe the guy in charge of telling to coach to challenge is the same one who called the 60 Stretch Faaaalaaaaah?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
Didn't he step out at like the 5? We most likely would have scored anyways.
Maybe we would have scored.......but you never know! I'm glad their coaches were sleeping!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gannon even stated that it looked like he stepped out well before the PAT.

Maybe the guy in charge of telling to coach to challenge is the same one who called the 60 Stretch Faaaalaaaaah?
LOL!!!! :lol: Good one!

Maybe the ref that missed it was the same one from the commercial that said "I really blew that call......so i'll call a penalty in the second half on the other team, to even it out."
(That commercial makes me laugh!!!) :wink:

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we won the game like 34-31 I could see his gripe as more substance. However, we slapped a 38-7 beatdown on them. One call here or there isn't going to make a difference. We are the better team.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
Didn't he step out at like the 5? We most likely would have scored anyways.

If they would have called him out of bounds at the 5, I am certain that Favre would have one more career touchdown pass.

The Raiders got their butts handed to them. The Packers beat them like a red-headed stepchild. Unbelievable that Sapp or anyone would complain about officiating.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they did shoe the replay and he was a smug on the white,but how many times did that happen before like everyone says that is what the red flag is forD