Vikings week 16 for all the marbles

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings ruled out Cook for tomorrow's game, so there's that.

If the Packers are able to contain the Vikings running game I don't believe Cousins and their receivers will be able to put up decent numbers.

Well, the Vikings clinched a playoff spot with the Rams loss to the Niners.

:(

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the key to this game may very well be kyle rudolph...see tramon....cant have martinez out there covering rudolph or its curtains....mn has to b able to run the ball or I like the pack in this one. Minnesota Defense is not any better than the pack. This should be a high scoring affair. Bottom line pressure Kazoo Cousins and watch the picks happen. If Theilen magically appears and is healthy theres a monstrous problem due to King getting torched. Got to see Tonyon make a few plays and Jones out of the backfield catching passes. Screens work against mn d. 33 - 28 pack.

D

Deleted member 6794

the key to this game may very well be kyle rudolph...see tramon....cant have martinez out there covering rudolph or its curtains....mn has to b able to run the ball or I like the pack in this one. Minnesota Defense is not any better than the pack. This should be a high scoring affair. Bottom line pressure Kazoo Cousins and watch the picks happen. If Theilen magically appears and is healthy theres a monstrous problem due to King getting torched. Got to see Tonyon make a few plays and Jones out of the backfield catching passes. Screens work against mn d. 33 - 28 pack.

While Rudolph might put up decent numbers the Packers primarily have to stop the run and contain Diggs and Thielen to win the game.

Both defenses have been pretty good this season, therefore I don't expect a high scoring game.

why we got rid of cobb, yo?

With limited cap space available it was the right move to let Cobb walk away in free agency.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Rudolph might put up decent numbers the Packers primarily have to stop the run and contain Diggs and Thielen to win the game.

Both defenses have been pretty good this season, therefore I don't expect a high scoring game.

With limited cap space available it was the right move to let Cobb walk away in free agency.
Rudolph doesn't get to shine until tomorrow night, by then it will be too late...

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
If there was ever a time Aaron Rodgers needed to prove himself, it’s tonight. He has talked about the importance of striving for the #1 seed and in a year, I genuinely did not think playoffs would even be on the table, Aaron Rodgers has an opportunity to go on the road, against a division rival and get close to the #1 seed.
Vikings have punched their ticket and would need us to lose to the lions to change anything significant in their playoff status. The packers May have more to play for tonight and it’s time for Rodgers and company to put up. I have not been this excited for a football game in a long time. In 14 hours we are going to know if this is a super bowl contending team, or if this is another one of our losing playoff seasons.

D

Deleted member 6794

Vikings have punched their ticket and would need us to lose to the lions to change anything significant in their playoff status.

The Vikings are still fighting for the fifth seed in the NFC which would mean they possibly benefit from having to play the East champion instead of a 12 win team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest game of the year so far and I'll probably miss almost all of it. This is what I get for starting our main bath redo a week before Christmas :) I have painting and flooring in my future tonight so I can set vanity and sinks tomorrow morning. There WILL be available ******** in this house this Christmas, mark my words.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Biggest game of the year so far and I'll probably miss almost all of it. This is what I get for starting our main bath redo a week before Christmas :) I have painting and flooring in my future tonight so I can set vanity and sinks tomorrow morning. There WILL be available ******** in this house this Christmas, mark my words.
You've already invited me over for the holidays, don't make me have to use a 5 gallon bucket.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've already invited me over for the holidays, don't make me have to use a 5 gallon bucket.
if you can swing by early and get that painting done, i'll be able to finish AND watch the game tonight. I'll grill some prime rib roast or grill a turkey and all the beverage you can handle :)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
if you can swing by early and get that painting done, i'll be able to finish AND watch the game tonight. I'll grill some prime rib roast or grill a turkey and all the beverage you can handle :)
A couple of cases should be able to get me started. ;)

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mattison is listed as questionable, but speculation is leaning towards him not being available along with Cook tonight. This leaves the running duties in Mike Boone and Ameer Abdullah's hands. How much of an impact does this have tonight? Losing Cook is huge.

Really big game for our #1 seed aspirations.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Cook is a game changer, but the Vikings are still going to want to establish the run. The Packers cannot rest any just because he's going to be out of the lineup. We have to close off the run, and force Cousins to beat us on 3rd and longs. If we can force the issue with down and distance, it'll allow our pass rush to get home and make Cousins uncomfortable.

This is our path to victory.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be posted in the sticked game thread, but obviously it's a big impact.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am down 26 points in my fantasy championship....I have Aaron Jones they have Boone....I am gonna need a MONSTER night out of AJ and our defense to play unnaturally well against the rush!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

You know that you have hit an all time low as a Packer fan when having a working bathroom takes priority over watching a Packer game!

Come on man, just let that work....pile up for 3 hours! :poop:

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am down 26 points in my fantasy championship....I have Aaron Jones they have Boone....I am gonna need a MONSTER night out of AJ and our defense to play unnaturally well against the rush!

I'm up 14 points and have Davante going for me... other team is done so unless Davante has like 8 fumbles I should be good.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know that you have hit an all time low as a Packer fan when having a working bathroom takes priority over watching a Packer game!

Come on man, just let that work....pile up for 3 hours! :poop:
My wife is a divorce attorney, i pick my battles :) and I bought a new snowmobile last night and got tickets to whatever playoff game they're hosting. I'm still winning as far as i'm concerned :) I'll be doing flooring during commercials LOL

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My wife is a divorce attorney, i pick my battles :) and I bought a new snowmobile last night and got tickets to whatever playoff game they're hosting. I'm still winning as far as i'm concerned :) I'll be doing flooring during commercials LOL

Enough said, I forgot, she must be a very special person to put up with you. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If there was ever a time Aaron Rodgers needed to prove himself, it’s tonight. He has talked about the importance of striving for the #1 seed and in a year, I genuinely did not think playoffs would even be on the table, Aaron Rodgers has an opportunity to go on the road, against a division rival and get close to the #1 seed.
Vikings have punched their ticket and would need us to lose to the lions to change anything significant in their playoff status. The packers May have more to play for tonight and it’s time for Rodgers and company to put up. I have not been this excited for a football game in a long time. In 14 hours we are going to know if this is a super bowl contending team, or if this is another one of our losing playoff seasons.
And Packer fans have already assumed that they will beat the Lions.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Packer fans have already assumed that they will beat the Lions.

man, i'm already in florida sitting in the stadium with all green on. wha chu talkin' 'bout? wait...or is that in atlanta? gotta get plane tickets to atlanta if that is the case!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enough said, I forgot, she must be a very special person to put up with you. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
you got that right, i'm only a PITA a few posts a day for you guys. She has to live with me. Though I've had a change of plans. Got some bad news. My really great friend since college has been battling cancer, his wife just texted me an hour or so ago and he's not doing well. We've watched many packer viking battles, him being the viking fan and yet we coexisted. I'll be heading down to Madison right after work and hopefully catch another game with him.

keep those negative nancies in check in the shoutbox in my absence.

Members online

Latest posts