Vikings week 16 for all the marbles

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Monday night games can't be flexed.

The Packers would win a tie-breaker over the Saints if they both finish 12-4 with New Orleans losing to the Panthers.

The Saints are guaranteed to win a tie-breaker at 12-4 if they lose to the Titans and the Packers lose at Minnesota.

It gets complicated if both teams finish the season at 12-4 if the Packers win at Minnesota but lose at Detroit and the Saints lose at Tennessee.

The Packers benefitted from not having to face Mahomes though.
Definitely. But the Vikings did not face him either........And lost.

Reaction score
I know we’re underdogs, inconsistent, our TE group is in shambles, our ILB don’t know what they’re doing, our D can’t stop the Run, our WRs don’t have 5 years experience added together and rounded up.. oh... our QB is on the decline and we’re on the road in MN for the Division title, #1 seed on the line and in a Hostel environment worse than the Alpine Forest just hours before a new Moon (which btw is the perfect time to launch a night attack)

But I like our chances! :tup:

12-3

p.s. that’s our record afterward not the score! ;)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
For Week 16, can't complain too much about the injury report for sure!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we’re underdogs, inconsistent, our TE group is in shambles, our ILB don’t know what they’re doing, our D can’t stop the Run, our WRs don’t have 5 years experience added together and rounded up.. oh... our QB is on the decline and we’re on the road in MN for the Division title, #1 seed on the line and in a Hostel environment worse than the Alpine Forest just hours before a new Moon (which btw is the perfect time to launch a night attack)

But I like our chances! :tup:

12-3

p.s. that’s our record afterward not the score! ;)
although any Hostels i've been in were pretty laid back and cool.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if the Viks are just playing a little mind game "oh Cook probably won't play. Mattison is banged up. Boone will be the starter. We're going to leave the game in Cousins' hands to win us the game"

JimWB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I'm a Viking fan... I'll say this right off. I troll this sight regularly, especially before the Packer games. We have a great rivalry, and home field advantage is usually the winning edge. But, anything can happen and us Vikes fans are as cynical as you Pack fans. Skol!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was referencing the NFCN title. That is available this weekend.

Yeah, that was just my way of saying I don't put much stock in division "titles". I mean it's talking about being the best out of 4 teams. Aside from playoff seeding, it's pretty meaningless to me.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if the Viks are just playing a little mind game "oh Cook probably won't play. Mattison is banged up. Boone will be the starter. We're going to leave the game in Cousins' hands to win us the game"
Indeed. They know this is their biggest game of the season so far. They will approach this like a playoff game which means if you can walk......Get out there.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of surprised the Vikings are favored by 5.5 pts.

Our biggest difficulty will be covering their WRs. We don't match up too well on the back end.

The Smith Bros should have a big day. This should help take some of the pressure off King. Pack needs Savage to step it up a notch.

I think it will be a slow and low scoring game.

Packers 17 Vikes 13

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Our biggest difficulty will be covering their WRs. We don't match up too well on the back end.

The Smith Bros should have a big day. This should help take some of the pressure off King. Pack needs Savage to step it up a notch.

Packers 17 Vikes 13
I think most people expect the Vikings to win. Two good teams going at it. One is at home where they've beaten us for a few years in a row now in a divisional game. I'd say the Vikings have looked the more consistent of the 2 teams, but they aren't without their issues that GB can exploit. It's not going to surprise me either way in this game. GB never makes it easy on themselves. Even when playing well, they like to have a play or 2 that really puts the offense or defense in a hole to claw out of. If they can avoid that, I think GB surprises a lot of people by winning a 2 score game. If they play their usual up and down, it will come down to the end again.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zimmer's playing a dangerous game. He could play Cook, but if he's knocked out then he has to most likely face the Bears without Cook with a playoff spot on the line depending on how Week 16 shakes out. If he sits Cook and still wins he's a genius. But if he plays Cook, loses Cook, loses the game, and the Rams somehow beat the Niners well....that will be one long article in the newspaper Week 17 before the Bears.

Neither Cook nor Mattison have practiced AT ALL this week so I hope he's getting the reps he needs because he'll need em.

Just imagine, what if Boone gets knocked out in the game? Who's going to be his backup in the game when he wears down?

Prediction: Packers 27, Vikings 21.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Cook is now being listed as "Out" and Mattison as "Questionable". We may be seeing a lot of Boone and Abdullah.

Packers 31

Vikings 17

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers 17 Vikes 13
Do not think we hold them that low in points indoors in their building. We would need 3 or 4 turnovers.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Vikings ruled out Cook for tomorrow's game, so there's that.

If the Packers are able to contain the Vikings running game I don't believe Cousins and their receivers will be able to put up decent numbers.

Zimmer's playing a dangerous game. He could play Cook, but if he's knocked out then he has to most likely face the Bears without Cook with a playoff spot on the line depending on how Week 16 shakes out. If he sits Cook and still wins he's a genius. But if he plays Cook, loses Cook, loses the game, and the Rams somehow beat the Niners well....that will be one long article in the newspaper Week 17 before the Bears.

Well, the Vikings clinched a playoff spot with the Rams loss to the Niners.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well, the Vikings clinched a playoff spot with the Rams loss to the Niners.

I almost think that fact bodes well for Monday night. While I am sure that the Vikings still want to come out and try and beat the Packers on Monday night, a playoff spot won't be at stake for them anymore.

I guess one could say the same about the Packers, after they clinched a playoff spot last week. With the North Division Crown at stake, it won't take much to motivate either team to put it all out there.

D

Deleted member 6794

I almost think that fact bodes well for Monday night. While I am sure that the Vikings still want to come out and try and beat the Packers on Monday night, a playoff spot won't be at stake for them anymore.

While the Vikings most likely don't expect to have a realistic chance at winning the division anymore they still have the #5 seed to play for which they would claim by winning out and the Niners losing to the Seahawks in week 17.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While the Vikings most likely don't expect to have a realistic chance at winning the division anymore they still have the #5 seed to play for which they would claim by winning out and the Niners losing to the Seahawks in week 17.

Right. I wasn't trying to imply that the Vikings won't come out motivated on Monday night. I was just pointing out that by them securing a playoff spot yesterday, they are "playing for one less thing". There is no doubt both teams "need" this win to better their chances at securing a higher seed, as well as the NFC North has not been decided yet.

D

Deleted member 6794

There is no doubt both teams "need" this win to better their chances at securing a higher seed, as well as the NFC North has not been decided yet.

I consider the NFC North as decided in favor of the Packers as there's no way a playoff team should lose to the Lions at this point.