Vikings week 16 for all the marbles

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a blessing the Falcons have been for us by beating the Saints and Niners. Win out and we have a first round bye. When was the last time that has happened?

Cook might be out for the Vikings, which also helps.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have been getting off to early leads. Which is exactly what they need to do against the Vikes.

The Packers have not done a great job of putting games out of reach. Which is what they need to do against the Vikes.

Sitting on a one score lead in the fourth quarter is not likely to get the job done in Minnesota.

Here's hoping:

MVS can catch a pass.
At least one DB can hang onto a gifted INT.
The defensive front plays as well as they did against Chicago.
A. Jones and D. Adams have big games.
Rodgers takes the easy chain-moving option when presented, and avoids bad sacks.

If the Packers can do those things I like their chances.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a blessing the Falcons have been for us by beating the Saints and Niners. Win out and we have a first round bye. When was the last time that has happened?

Cook might be out for the Vikings, which also helps.

Unless his arm fell off I would expect Cook to play. I'm not sure how his injury compares with Josh Jacobs' injury but he was in a similar boat for yesterday's game if I recall.

On a side note I read where Eric Bledsoe of the Bucks is expected to miss two weeks with a fractured fibula. I'm no doctor but only TWO WEEKS for a broken leg. Yeah, I know there are different degrees of injuries and they say AT LEAST two weeks but even still to think he could be back in two seems unreal to me.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Pack beat the Bears with a broom no less. I'm a happy man. So as much as I'd like a sweep of the division, I just don't see it.

The Pack seem to have lost consistently in Minneapolis when they were firing on all 8. That's not the case this season. I fear they go into that glass encased monument to excess and lay a great big steaming pile of "unprepared" on National TV as always.

I'm happy with 11-3 since I grunted out a 7-9 prediction in camp. Since this season has blossomed into a very real possibility of a hat and t-shirt, I'll not bemoan the slip-shod games they've gotten away with. What I'm saying is, an NFC North championship is a great benchmark for next season if Gute can fill some highly evident holes.

This is one of the games I earmarked as an "L" ... because, well, there's a history and the Vikes are playing at a pretty high level.

Still, maybe Aaron can get his first win at The Bank. That would be nice but truthfully I just don't see it.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brees is such a great guy, and congrats on his win tonight and breaking "nationwide is on your side's" record . speaking of which...we play on monday, too. will rodgers be that great guy, too, and score like brees or is it up to our D to disallow vikings a win? stay tuned!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cousins 0-8 on MNF. That doesn't happen by chance. We should be able to win this game.

D

Deleted member 6794

It will be tough to win at Minnesota as the Vikings are the only team undefeated at home this season. It would be awfully sweet to clinch the division in their house though.

Reaction score
looking at the seattle, sf and no schedules if we lose to minny it would look like a 1st round playoff game and not a bye. we need to beat minny

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
looking at the seattle, sf and no schedules if we lose to minny it would look like a 1st round playoff game and not a bye. we need to beat minny

Pretty much.

If we win our last 2 games we are assured the #2 seed and only get the #1 Seed if some "good things" go our way with both SF and SEA. Staying ahead of the Saints is huge IMO and I don't see the Saints losing either of their last 2 games.

Obviously, the worst thing that could happen to the Packers is 2 straight losses and end up being the 6th seed as a result. However, if you lose the last game of the season to the Lions, do you really have much hope of going very far in the playoffs?

Monday nights game is HUGE for many reasons, not just for playoff positioning, but possibly the psychological boost it could give the Packers of "We can go out and beat anyone on the road".

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have beaten them once this season. Need to do it again. Either this week, to get most of the way to a first round bye, or else we likely see them in the first round of the playoffs. I'd rather beat them now.

The Packers have demonstrated that they have most of the pieces. The defense has looked very good at times, and has gotten better against the run. Special teams have improved.

Offense has been wildly inconsistent. Watching the Saints last night I once again found myself wishing the Packers had kept Jared Cook. Huge mistake to let him go. Imagine the offense right now with Cook instead of Graham and Cobb instead of MVS or Allison.

The organization has made poor decisions on receivers for the last three years. J'mon Moore - total bust. Letting Jordy go a year too early. Letting Cook go. Letting Cobb go. Rodgers has not been in MVP form this year, but part of that absolutely has to be on the lack of quality receivers.

No choice now but to get the most out of guys like Lazard and Kumerow. And continue to scheme for A. Jones.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota trying to get their first win against a team above .500. They have been good at home but they have played absolutely no one good at home - so there is that.

Schefter said he thought Cook would be shut down for the regular season but I think Zimmer said he expected Cook to play so who knows. He had shoulder injuries in college so this isnt a new thing for him - might be a totally different injury though. I actually not opposed to Cook playing. He hasnt went for over 100 yards since Week 7 and was only over 3.7 ypc once in that time. Even his receiving numbers have been down with the exception of the Dallas game. I wonder if the shoulder is holding him back even when he plays

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
"Was it an aggravation of the old injury?"

“No, it’s not,’’ Zimmer said.

Vikings are keeping pretty quiet about Cook, which I would too.

I would rather hear that he can't play. He was a one man wrecking crew the last time the Packers and Vikings played. Hurt or not, I'm fine with Cook not suiting up on Monday night.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF is sly as a fox. Just showing no more than what's needed to get off to a respectable start and hold on to what we have and win close games. Now it's time for the rest of MLF's plan to show the rest of the NFL who we really are.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
MLF is sly as a fox. Just showing no more than what's needed to get off to a respectable start and hold on to what we have and win close games. Now it's time for the rest of MLF's plan to show the rest of the NFL who we really are.

While that would be awesome if it were true, I don't think MLF and the Packers are actually "holding back". Now maybe they will have a few new wrinkles, but I doubt we see as much change in the offense that some of us would like to see.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Was it an aggravation of the old injury?"

“No, it’s not,’’ Zimmer said.

Vikings are keeping pretty quiet about Cook, which I would too.

I would rather hear that he can't play. He was a one man wrecking crew the last time the Packers and Vikings played. Hurt or not, I'm fine with Cook not suiting up on Monday night.
The Vikings offense is potent with or without Cook. Whether that one player would make that much difference is hard to say. They block for all their runners. They have other weapons. We cannot stop all of them. With Cook they get down the field in 5 or 6 plays. Without him it may take them 8 or 10. Now that could be the difference in a close game. Back in their Adrian Peterson days if you took AP out of the lineup it virtually meant defeat for the Vikings. Not now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts