Update Pack vs NO in Jacksonville

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have played very well in Cowboys stadium over the years. Can't imagine the veterans on the Packers wouldn't have great vibes playing their again.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Dallas is the location I've heard discussed if the game is moved.

Dallas is the likely spot. Right now the Saints are practing at Jerry World in Dallas and the Cowboys play their first two games away so it would set up well for the Saints to host in Dallas for at least the first game. After Katrina the Saints played their home opener at Giants stadium and then split games at LSU Tiger Stadium and the Alamodome in San Antonio for 2005. The Superdome apparently did not suffer any significant damage but the area is without power and major damage to the primary transmission lines.

https://www.wafb.com/2021/08/30/no-power-orleans-parish-due-catastrophic-damage/

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Why the hell Dallas ? So Jerry can break fire regulations like he did in the Superbowl ? He should have been punished heavily in his bank for that stunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why the hell Dallas ? So Jerry can break fire regulations like he did in the Superbowl ? He should have been financially heavily punished for that stunt.
Close and they are practicing there. It is a home game for them after all.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Dallas is a home game for Rodgers. There's no road stadium or field I'd rather see the Packers play on than at AT&T.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

And to think some players don`t want to come to Green Bay to play because of the cold weather ? If I was drafted by New Orleans, I`d **** myself. Those poor people. God bless them.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess (without looking at schedules) is that AT&T Stadium is available Week 1 while LSU is not. Then again, who knows the condition of LSU and their stadium post hurricane. To me, not playing in New Orleans is the key. Where the "neutral" site is located is irrelevant to me.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I saw that NO might not have a home game for the first half of the season...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Not playing in Dallas, or at least AT&T Stadium is what I read.
Per nfl.com
Slater later reported on NFL Now, however, that it is unlikely the Saints' regular-season opener can be held at AT&T Stadium due to a schedule conflict with a Los Bukis concert on Sept. 15. Slater added that due to the contract permitting multiple days of setup for the concert, a football game a few days before is difficult to imagine.

Nothing has officially been announced regarding the Saints' schedule, but the league said Tuesday that it is "monitoring developments and are in communication with the club," NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would appear Jacksonville is going to be the site....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I know it will be same for both teams, but man the weather in Jacksonville can be really hot and humid this time of year. Tough break for the Saints, in that it is no longer a home game for them, but I would have preferred the AT&T Stadium in Dallas.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have preferred Dallas too, but those guys are out in the heat right now. I feel better about playing in Florida in early September than any other part of the season when they've acclimated to the cold.

Members online

Latest posts