Update Pack vs NO in Jacksonville

Reaction score
Not sure.

But during katirina didnt NO play at LSU? Why not now?
They also played some home games in Baton Rouge a few hours away in Katrina’s aftermath. Jacksonville is about 8 hours away, so they should be able to hop the team bus(s) there.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They aren't driving for 8 hours, they'll take a 15 minute flight LOL

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jeff Duncan of The Times-Picayne reports the Saints considered every detail and put great thought into arriving at Jacksonville as their temporary home stadium.

All three Florida stadiums are available Sept. 12, and the Saints figured the state’s heat and humidity could give them an edge, according to Duncan. They looked up Aaron Rodgers‘ record in Florida and discovered he is 3-4 in his career with a 78.1 passer rating.

The Saints then began looking at which site would give them the closest thing to a home-field advantage, considering how well Packers fans travel.

They were concerned Tampa or Miami would serve as a potential destination location for Packers fans, according to Duncan, so they zeroed in on Jacksonville.

A staffer researched flights from Green Bay to Jacksonville, Miami and Tampa on Expedia, according to Duncan, and Jacksonville was the most expensive and presented the most challenging itinerary. That sold the Saints on TIAA Bank Field.

Packers fans still might show up en masse, but not for a lack of the Saints trying to make it as difficult as possible for them to get there from Wisconsin.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it will be same for both teams, but man the weather in Jacksonville can be really hot and humid this time of year. Tough break for the Saints, in that it is no longer a home game for them, but I would have preferred the AT&T Stadium in Dallas.
Likewise.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Heat will be bad for the Packers. The rookie linemen will get a break on noise. And as someone mentioned crowd should be 50-50
Neutral site game. The 17th game should always be neutral site. If not international then at a college. GB-KC game this season fer instance should be in Lincoln or SLC or the Lions-Broncos in Norman. Most of the power 5 schools have NFL caliber stadiums in not better than the dregs at Soldier's field.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Neutral site game. The 17th game should always be neutral site. If not international then at a college. GB-KC game this season fer instance should be in Lincoln or SLC or the Lions-Broncos in Norman. Most of the power 5 schools have NFL caliber stadiums in not better than the dregs at Soldier's field.
and take away some of the revenue that the home team guarantees themselves? :eek: If the NFL could figure out a way to make money off of selling kittens, they would.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Funny thing was I had figured the whole reason they added the 17th game was for that very reason. To stick every NFL team either in London or somewhere else Internationally so they had that extra game, and therefore the complaints about home games given up would go away.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
and take away some of the revenue that the home team guarantees themselves? :eek: If the NFL could figure out a way to make money off of selling kittens, they would.
The home team concession sales pale in comparison to the merch sales of two teams not playing in their normal areas. How many Packer or Chiefs fans in Omaha would buy new jerseys to wear.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The home team concession sales pale in comparison to the merch sales of two teams not playing in their normal areas. How many Packer or Chiefs fans in Omaha would buy new jerseys to wear.
It isn't just concessions, its tickets too. I also don't think the percentage that the Packers make on jersey sales could even begin to cover the lost revenue of not playing at Lambeau.

I really think if playing elsewhere made teams more money, they would move games to other venues. The amount that the Packers make on ticket sales for a home game is huge. They used to play 4 games in Milwaukee and for awhile an exhibition game in Madison. Now all games are at Lambeau.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints probably should have kept their reasoning under wraps. They've just incentivized lunatic Packer fans to attend the game when they wouldn't have otherwise.

Reaction score
Been living in Florida for 5 yrs. and couldn't believe of the 3 NFL teams we have, the Packers weren't
playing any team in Florida this year.

Then the news broken, the Saints are moving their game to Jacksonville and I screened:

"Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and he's coming early to Florida."

Then my wealthy son that lives close to us calls and said he bought us 4 tickets
for the game on the 45 yard line, woo woo

Sweet Jesus, you would have thought this 80 year old goat just won the lottery.......LOL

I get to see our Packers play again.

Go Pack Go!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have preferred Dallas too, but those guys are out in the heat right now. I feel better about playing in Florida in early September than any other part of the season when they've acclimated to the cold.

Dallas can be really hot this time of year too. One good thing is they will be on grass. Another is there should be a good sized contingency of Wisconsin transplants attending the game. It might almost feel like a home game.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My buddy with tickets was going to sell his tickets to the Washington game. He and his family were going to vacation in Florida. Then all of this variant stuff popped up and he canceled his trip to Florida. Now he and I will be at the Washington game together. Thank you Covid.

Staff online

Members online