Unstoppable Force Vs Immovable Object Packers Vs Lions

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Then why the hell don't they do just that? I think the problem with the Vikings may be poor management/ coaching staff rather than the players. What you said makes perfect sense. All you Vikings fans must be frustrated as hell with the way they run the organization. Same conversation we had with the "old" QBs, McNabb in this instance versus franchising a young one, Ponder. Why do I have the feeling, so many years down the road, the Vikings are going to get themselves a washed up Brady and lose Ponder to some other team where he will most likely enjoy an exceptional management. I really really have the feeling Ponder can be a real leader on this team. But knowing the Vikings they will do the opposite. I have to hand it to you for being loyal. That is one thing I respect above almost anything else. You always have your team's back.
There is no problem with the players. The coach seems to be stuck on some kind of "I traded for him now I have to play him" mentality. Ponder needs to get in and get experience. Viking fans are calling for McNabb to be gone and if he doesn't do it soon they will be calling for Fraziers head. Personally, I think the team is good enough that if Ponder started they could deal with a few rookie mistakes. At least he might complete 65% of his passes. Any QB that could do that could lead this team to the playoffs.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no problem with the players. The coach seems to be stuck on some kind of "I traded for him now I have to play him" mentality. Ponder needs to get in and get experience. Viking fans are calling for McNabb to be gone and if he doesn't do it soon they will be calling for Fraziers head. Personally, I think the team is good enough that if Ponder started they could deal with a few rookie mistakes. At least he might complete 65% of his passes. Any QB that could do that could lead this team to the playoffs.

I think you guys are sitting on a good team over there, one that should be capable of getting to .500, if not over it. That is perhaps the saddest thing of all. It would be a wonder to see them overhaul the entire organization. Just get rid of everyone and start over. At least with the Vikings, I can understand what is going on and there appears a logical reason for their mishaps. Take another team, the Eagles, that should NOT be 1-4 and compare them. I have no idea why, with all that talent sitting in the nest, the Eagles are 1-4. They don't have coaches or owners to blame it on, although the fans are calling for Reids head, but most of those fans are full of ****. All I'm saying is at least the Vikings have a viable excuse.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Personally, I think the team is good enough that if Ponder started they could deal with a few rookie mistakes. At least he might complete 65% of his passes. Any QB that could do that could lead this team to the playoffs.

If you're right, I hope they don't make the change until after their games against the Packers, I'd like the road to the Super Bowl to have as few pitfalls in it as possible and I would hate to have a hiccup against the Vikings because they finally figured out what to do. j/k I'd love to see the kid get his chance and an opportunity to develop into a quality QB.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
But if Ponder is not yet ready to play Pro football do you want to put him out there and risk ruining him. Seen alot of kids carers nosedive because they were started too soon. I think if Rodgers goes to San Fran he is not the Elite player he is today. Might as well ride out the season with McNabb, There is no hope of making the playoffs at this point. Finish up the season, Prepare Ponder for next year, Get some good Low round picks in the draft and prepare for the future. This year is toast.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
The Packers are too tough on turf... ask Atlanta... and the Georgia Dome is supposed to be one of the loudest places in the league... If we are still clicking like we are now, the Lions wont be able to stop us... plus im sure the Lions will go on a 2 game skid before Thanksgiving.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
But if Ponder is not yet ready to play Pro football do you want to put him out there and risk ruining him. Seen alot of kids carers nosedive because they were started too soon. I think if Rodgers goes to San Fran he is not the Elite player he is today. Might as well ride out the season with McNabb, There is no hope of making the playoffs at this point. Finish up the season, Prepare Ponder for next year, Get some good Low round picks in the draft and prepare for the future. This year is toast.
The Vikes are going 12-4.......11-5 at worst!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The Packers are too tough on turf... ask Atlanta... and the Georgia Dome is supposed to be one of the loudest places in the league... If we are still clicking like we are now, the Lions wont be able to stop us... plus im sure the Lions will go on a 2 game skid before Thanksgiving.
Yeah, I think we should spend our energies Talking about the 5 teams we are going to play before we ever get to the Lions. Including the game in SAN DIEGO, Which if I haven't mentioned before will be kicked off by a big F***ing celebration. Including a Packer Trashcan punch. 4 big bottles of green Hawaiian punch, 2L vodka, 2 L everclear, WOOO HOOOO!!!!.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched every SD Charger game. They are a "fraud" 4-1 team. They easily could've lost to both KC and Denver. I am predicting a beatdown of biblical proportions vs. Green Bay. Go Pack Go! :tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I've been reading just a little on the "wide 9" defense employed by Detroit. I don't recall hearing the term until this year. It is used successfully by Detroit and it's a disaster in Philadelphia. It places the DE's way outside the O-line and trusts them to be fast enough to get to the QB without any moves at the line. Detroit has a number of fast DEs. Detroit has linebackers that can then cover the middle to stop any runs. Philadelphia doesn't have those LBs. Detroit has done a really nice job of developing this scheme to their talent. While Philadelphia's DE's are rushing full tilt toward the passer, they have weak coverage in between the DE's. Detroit is going to be a challenge for any non west coast offense team, because Detroit has what Philadelphia doesn't. All that money Philadelphia spent on secondary left the middle of the field as soft as the Pillsbury doughboy. Detroit is fast on the ends and tough in the middle. This is part of the reason Cutler was torn up. He was taking long drops and scanning the field.

This defense seems to reek havoc on a QB who cannot make quick decisions. A good west coast QB, like Aaron Rodgers, has the ability to make snap decisions and a quick release, thus foiling the whole purpose of the wide 9. Alex Smith isn't on a par with Rodgers, so we may not get to see what a true quick thinking west coast guy can do against the wide 9 until Thanksgiving day. This should make the game more interesting.

It can also be vulnerable to a good running back, like we saw with Fred Jackson against the Eagles. Even Forte had some success against the Lions wide 9. Adrian Peterson should have even more. I'm not sure what Green Bay's backs can do against it. This is another match-up I'm going to want to see.

Future12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are an over rated team. Yes they are good, but not great. They struggled versus the Vikes, Bears, and Cowboys. They have talent, but they're young and can mistakes. If we limit Calvin Johnson, the game should come much easier to us. He's the only threat I believe. Their d-line does not scare me. They looked GREAT versus the Bears, but the Bears o-line is a joke..

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't read all the posts, but the Lions are far from being an immovable object. They've been playing from behind (WAAAY behind a couple times) more often than not. They are a couple meltdowns away from being 3-2 or 2-3. Name ANY position on a football team and we are better, except D-line...and of course we don't have Megatron, but across the board I wouldn't trade WRs.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Lions have an easy schedule for the most part.
Why do people always say this about team in their own division? They play exactly the same teams except two. The two different games are the Packers play the Rams and Giants, and the Lions play the Niners and Cowboys. So how is the Lions schedule any easier than the Packers? The records of the teams they have played so far; Packer 10-15, Lions 10-14. So neither one has played a tough schedule. Packer have played 1 team with a winning record and Lions have played two. The next two weeks the Packers play the winless Rams and then the Vikes, The Lions play the 4-1 Niners and then Atlanta.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Why do people always say this about team in their own division? They play exactly the same teams except two. The two different games are the Packers play the Rams and Giants, and the Lions play the Niners and Cowboys. So how is the Lions schedule any easier than the Packers? The records of the teams they have played so far; Packer 10-15, Lions 10-14. So neither one has played a tough schedule. Packer have played 1 team with a winning record and Lions have played two. The next two weeks the Packers play the winless Rams and then the Vikes, The Lions play the 4-1 Niners and then Atlanta.

It looks to me like Detroit has a slightly tougher schedule than the Packers from here on out. I was surprised at the beginning of the season at how the two Super Bowl teams got fairly easy schedules in my opinion.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, when they set up the schedules they have absolutely no clue how the teams are going to do or what's going to be easy or isn't.
And frankly, I don't give a damn if the Packers schedule is easy. Just as long as they win.
Even if they got 16-0 against all teams that were 0-whatever, I'm OK with that.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
There comes a time when your team is so good it just doesn't matter who they're playing. Very few will measure up to them if they are playing full force. Both the Lions and Packers may have easy schedules but in the case of the Packers, is it even relevant? Who is the better team, the Packers or Lions, regardless of who they play? If people think either of these teams are only winning due to an easy schedule, then the true test will come when they get to the playoffs. I'm looking at what the Packers are doing right now and with some emphasis on the opponent. If anybody thinks the Packers are 6-0 because of an easy schedule, then name a team in the league that you think can beat them right now. I think right now the Patriots can beat the Lions but I don't think the Lions or Patriots for that matter can beat the Packers. Our O line is just too good and our D is stepping up to where they should be.

You can only blame so much on a schedule. Sometimes a good team is just a good team.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, when they set up the schedules they have absolutely no clue how the teams are going to do or what's going to be easy or isn't.
And frankly, I don't give a damn if the Packers schedule is easy. Just as long as they win.
Even if they got 16-0 against all teams that were 0-whatever, I'm OK with that.

Yup, me too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts