Unstoppable Force Vs Immovable Object Packers Vs Lions

L

Lunchboxer

If Packers and Lions win out till the Thanksgiving game. Somethings gotta give. The Unstoppable Force is the Packers and the Immovable Object is the Lions. Which team is going to come out on top.

What if the game ended in a Tie??

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as the O-Line can give Rodgers any kind of protection, the Lions DBs can not match up against the Packer receivers.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are not an Immovable object, but we are an unstoppable force.

This.

These are not two equal opposite forces facing off. One team is borderline elite, the other is borderline great. Their meeting will nonetheless be one of the biggest, most intense matchups either team has faced so far.

The Packers have the better QB and Oline. If the D plays the way they did in the 2nd half of the Atlanta game, we will have the better D too. Unless the Packers have a meltdown of epic proportions, they should win this game. I'm not going to say it is going to be easy, it may be a closer game than either side will like. I'm going to say withing 3 points win. Now watch them surprise me and blow the Lions out. That would be awesome and could be the very thing that breaks the Lions. A momentum killer for sure. If the Pack loses, I somehow see it just making them mad. You don't want to make this team mad. With the strength and coaching on this team, it will likely not be a momentum killer but make them even stronger and more determined.

Packers should have 3 names running through their heads when they think of playing the Lions: Megatron and Stafford (these two are linked as one force, really) and Suh. From that points it's basically like cutting off the head of the snake.

These are two very different teams. I worry a bit about the Lions and what's going to happen when their golden carriage turns into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight (their first lost). How will they handle it? That will be one of the most interesting things to see and it will give you an idea of how strong this Lions team is.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
As long as the O-Line can give Rodgers any kind of protection, the Lions DBs can not match up against the Packer receivers.

Agreed. Playing @ Ford Field is more worrisome than the Lions team itself. Thankfully we don't play Detroit until the tail end of the regular season and by that time, our defense will be peaking and we'll have most of our players, if not all of them, back from their injuries and healthy. Neal should be back, Zombo will definitely be back, Bulaga and maybe Clifton too. So I think we'll be ready.

L

Lunchboxer

Packers can win the game if they keep Rodgers upright.

If they can buy time and let rodgers pick apart the Lions D we can and will Win.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Seems like we are jumping the gun here. We have to play a difficult St Louis Lambs, a pass strong Minnesota Vikings twice, take a week of rest, pray the Chargers don't plow us like they do everyone else, hold back the crazy offense of Tampa Bay, and then we play the Lions.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like we are jumping the gun here. We have to play a difficult St Louis Lambs, a pass strong Minnesota Vikings twice, take a week of rest, pray the Chargers don't plow us like they do everyone else, hold back the crazy offense of Tampa Bay, and then we play the Lions.

I told you NOT to eat the moldy cheese!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The problem with this schedule it seems too easy, the other problem is the Packers just seem too good.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers were bad we'd be anxious, not anticipating these games.

L

Lunchboxer

Oh god. We gotta go up against that Power House called the Vikings. I mean the vikings are so good Its insane.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh god. We gotta go up against that Power House called the Vikings. I mean the vikings are so good Its insane.

Let's not start to overlook the Vikings, though. They are very familiar with our offense and have shown more than once this season that they are able to dominate teams early in the game. Luckily, we are a 4-quarter team and they are generally a 2-quarter team. Let's just hope that sticks on the 23rd! I don't mean to sound pessimistic, I think we'll win--I think we can win the next 14 games--but I get nervous when people, especially the team, overlooks an opponent.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game can be scary,but I always think the pack can over come,lions have a good d-line but we have a very good o-line and if they run the ball on the lions,and then pass we have a good chance not only that they said falcon game would be tough because of the dome the crowd,well we showed them we came back and won,think that will be the killer for the lions thinking crowd thanksgiving all those things will hold us back,think again.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm just going to wait and see how the Lions play against the resurgent 49ers and Atlanta. If they win the next two games I think we can consider them pretty good. They have a pretty formidable schedule ahead of them.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

Pass strong Minnesota? The same Minnesota that McFlabb had a grand total of 39 passing yards once this season? The crazy offense of Tampa Bay that managed to just outscore the woeful Colts and just got crushed 40 something to 3 by powerhouse SF? So far the Rams haven't been able to beat a single team. SD does scare me more than anybody you mentioned.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Right, not like the Vikings Defense is better than the Packers defense at this point. Oh, wait, it is.

Hey now, hey now. The Packers defense has just been trying to lull their opponents into a sense of complacency. It's like a pool hustle.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense has already shown signs of improvement and will surely improve further. Something was off with the D in the first 4 games. It was not the same D that blazed through the playoffs and went to the SB. All that talent is still there, I am predicting here and now they will be elite by the end of the season. In Dom Capers we trust.

Meanwhile, not to pull the tail of the Viking fan, but with that D of the Vikings that's better than the Packers, what do you have to show for it? 1-4? Oh, what the power of an elite QB and Oline will do for you. :)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Packers defense has already shown signs of improvement and will surely improve further. Something was off with the D in the first 4 games. It was not the same D that blazed through the playoffs and went to the SB. All that talent is still there, I am predicting here and now they will be elite by the end of the season. In Dom Capers we trust.

Meanwhile, not to pull the tail of the Viking fan, but with that D of the Vikings that's better than the Packers, what do you have to show for it? 1-4? Oh, what the power of an elite QB and Oline will do for you. :)
Elite Qb? Elite QB? Hell with a marginal Qb they would probably be 5-0 or at least 4-1. They were in every game right up to the end and the only reason they lost is because McNutt couldn't complete a 1st down pass. Hell even T. Jack is having a better season. 39 friking yards in one game! He's a waste of time an effort for the team. Joe Webb could do better.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Elite Qb? Elite QB? Hell with a marginal Qb they would probably be 5-0 or at least 4-1. They were in every game right up to the end and the only reason they lost is because McNutt couldn't complete a 1st down pass. Hell even T. Jack is having a better season. 39 friking yards in one game! He's a waste of time an effort for the team. Joe Webb could do better.

Then why the hell don't they do just that? I think the problem with the Vikings may be poor management/ coaching staff rather than the players. What you said makes perfect sense. All you Vikings fans must be frustrated as hell with the way they run the organization. Same conversation we had with the "old" QBs, McNabb in this instance versus franchising a young one, Ponder. Why do I have the feeling, so many years down the road, the Vikings are going to get themselves a washed up Brady and lose Ponder to some other team where he will most likely enjoy an exceptional management. I really really have the feeling Ponder can be a real leader on this team. But knowing the Vikings they will do the opposite. I have to hand it to you for being loyal. That is one thing I respect above almost anything else. You always have your team's back.

Members online

Latest posts