1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Unofficial Thread: Discuss Matt Flynn's trade value

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 2411t, Dec 19, 2010.

1. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    Here we go!

I'm thinking 2nd and 3rd round draft picks.

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Unless it's a 1 or a 2 I say keep him. He's a nice insurance policy to have around. Rodgers isn't made of steel like the last guy, this probably won't be the last game he misses.

3. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    When is his contract up? Gotta trade him before then. For what? Too early to tell.

4. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

5. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    Flynn showed he can play at the pro level tonite. Allbeit against a beat up D and a dumbed down offensive gameplan.

I would take a high 3rd to low 2nd minimum for him. He is still under contract through 2011.

At this point, no one will trade a low first for him, unless it is in a crap shoot draft. He showed a lot of heart tonight.

6. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    Flynn's game last night will be reviewed by every NFL team in the league looking for a QB. A rookie QB making his first start against the oh-so-mighty New England Patriots, looking cool as a cucumber for all but the final minute of the game; almost 300 yards passing, 3 TD's... you better believe there are teams salivating all over themselves wishing they had him.

But I agree, unless it's a 1st round, keep him.. it's much easier to sleep at night knowing we have a back up QB that can take over at a moment's notice.

7. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Jamal Reynolds *shutters*

Thanks for bringing back those painful memories.

8. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,758
    Pats got a high 2nd for Cassell and were rumored to have been offered a 1st. Cassell did well for almost an entire season, so the value of Flynn would be a bit less. I would say a mid 2nd, but this should be a relatively poor draft, which could push the pick higher. Then again, there are a lot of good QBs in this draft, so the pick could be later.

Flynn played with a lot of poise. That is the biggest thing for a QB to be successful - and you never know for sure when you draft them, if that will translate to the NFL. That has some value.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    1 year left on his contract and its foolish for us to pay him after that the money he would want. Trade him during the draft. A 2nd or higher would make me happy. A 3 and a 5 would be fine too.

Maybe we could get that QB from Kilm MS to back Rodgers up... ;)

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Qb controversy!!!!!!!!!

11. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +132
    I have to agree with the idea of an insurance policy, Three concussions in one calender year raises red flags.

12. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    right on.

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    Im willing to take the risk if I am TT. If Arod went down early the season would be over reguardless. Who knows if Flynn plays again and throws up a couple duds then what happens? Little trade value. Buy low sell high.

14. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I'd say a 3rd Rounder other than that, there has been less seen of him than say Kerry Kolb.

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    IMO the following teams need a QB

Dolphins
    Raiders
    Titans
    49ers
    Seahawks
    Vikings
    Cards
    Bengals
    Panthers
    Broncos

about 3 of those can draft a QB with the idea of starting him. McNabb and Palmer should be available so that takes another 2 off the board.

But what does a team like the titans do? Collins is almost as old as favre so I think at that point you need to look at the future. They are not bad enough to get a top pick, so they would be a good team to trade with. Another team is the 49ers, they are not bad enough to get that top 5 pick most likely.

I think you could even bring up teams like washington or the Jets.

16. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Hahahaha and an lol

17. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,758
    So are you saying the questions is - Which QB should we trade?

I think we can get 2 #1s and a good OT. for AR.

:wink:

18. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    no doubt

19. erik_m_vos

erik_m_vos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I say why even bother trading him? We need a solid backup in case Rodgers ever goes down again for some reason. Why build a qb for someone else to use? He had one game, and yes it was a solid one, but we shouldn't be singing Flynn praises based upon one games performance.

20. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    We will have to pay him starter pay if we resign him. Otherwise let him walk? No thanks. That makes no sense. Should we of held onto hasselbeck too?

21. erik_m_vos

erik_m_vos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Why pay a backup starter pay? I don't think he's the type of primodonna that would want huge money. Not every nfl backup that starts one game demands starter pay his next contract renegotiation.

22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    If you dont think the packers will get trade offers your kidding yourself. He knows that and so does his agent. We resign him and its going to cost us.

No one in the NFL wants to be a back up. Thats a fact.

23. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

24. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    Whats the highest compensation pick we could get?

25. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    TRADE HIM FOR WHATEVER WE CAN GET. I'm sorry but hes not very good, he's ok, but hes not a great pocket passer. And we have A-ROD, if we can get a 3rd, I say trade him, even a 4th I would do it. We need depth all over the roster, TT can go get another solid college Qb and MM will coach him up to be an adequate back-up. however we still need starters on OL, DL,LB, DB,RB, etc etc the list goes on.