UDFA Signings...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I heard this isn't the best class of DL so I'm gonna guess anybody that was any good was drafted over the weekend?

I'm still available and willing to work with a low 6 figure type of salary. :coffee:

and please don't call me the perfect candidate for a "tackling dummy" :eek:

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So some measurables for Marc-Antoine Dequoy
Height: 6-2 3/4
198 pounds
Runs a 4.36 Forty
37 inch vertical
10-8 Broad Jump
4.14 SS
6.65 3 cone

Okay...so the kid apparently is used to operating as a slot corner/hybrid safety type position I guess....but even if his forty time is a little aggressive and he is a 4.4 type speed YES PLEASE. That frame and height moving like that! For reference no one ran a 3 cone at the combine that fast...so again let's assume like a pro day this number is a touch aggressive...only 9 at the combine were quicker than 7.00 AGAIN I SAY YES.

His RAS score would probably be through the roof most likely which makes sense why we nabbed this kid. He could be nothing, but man if nothing else he may earn a spot purely on potential and hopefully ST contributions.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
198 pounds
Runs a 4.36 Forty
37 inch vertical
10-8 Broad Jump
4.14 SS
6.65 3 cone

Okay...so the kid apparently is used to operating as a slot corner/hybrid safety type position I guess....but even if his forty time is a little aggressive and he is a 4.4 type speed YES PLEASE. That frame and height moving like that! For reference no one ran a 3 cone at the combine that fast...so again let's assume like a pro day this number is a touch aggressive...only 9 at the combine were quicker than 7.00 AGAIN I SAY YES.

His RAS score would probably be through the roof most likely which makes sense why we nabbed this kid. He could be nothing, but man if nothing else he may earn a spot purely on potential and hopefully ST contributions.

Another interesting note on Dequoy is that he is rated ninth by the CFL’s scouting bureau, making him a potential first-round selection in the CFL's upcoming April 30th draft. His dream is to play in the NFL, so I imagine he gets drafted, but puts off any Canadian Football career until he finds out what he can do in the NFL.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another interesting note on Dequoy is that he is rated ninth by the CFL’s scouting bureau, making him a potential first-round selection in the CFL's upcoming April 30th draft. His dream is to play in the NFL, so I imagine he gets drafted, but puts off any Canadian Football career until he finds out what he can do in the NFL.

No lie I saw Canada initially and didnt bother researching...I love his measurables a lot!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No lie is saw Canada initially and didnt bother researching...I love his measurables a lot!

Hard to get my hopes up too much over CFL players/recruits, but I guess you never know. We have 2 of them now, him and Reggie Begelton.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to get my hopes up too much over CFL players/recruits, but I guess you never know. We have 2 of them now, him and Reggie Begelton.

Oh 100%, at first glance I looked right over both....however, when you are one of the TOP prospects in the CFL or out of Canada...that to me is saying something. Reggie can argue he has done more against higher level competition than nearly any draftee...now that doesn't at all mean I feel he has the chops some of them do...but once we left Day 2, I strongly like Reggie over any of them, albeit still a dice roll.

I've become a fan of Reggie though, and I truly think his small college and the growth he needed after it heading to the CFL was a great route for him to take. 6'0', quick feet and above average route tree...he will push for a WR4/5 for us I'm sure of it. Whether he secures a spot is something yet to be seen.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Begelton is better than Kumerow imo. Great hands, maybe a little quicker. Wouldn't call him fast though.

Watching his tape, I couldn't help but chuckle at how bad the tackling is in the CFL.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Begelton is better than Kumerow imo. Great hands, maybe a little quicker. Wouldn't call him fast though.

Watching his tape, I couldn't help but chuckle at how bad the tackling is in the CFL.

Right, I actually found the best tape to get honest watch of him was a few actual games someone posted on youtube. Highlights always bug me and rarely show the WR off the line or before the catch as much as I would like.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
198 pounds
Runs a 4.36 Forty
37 inch vertical
10-8 Broad Jump
4.14 SS
6.65 3 cone

Don't get too excited. He's Canadian and these are in the Metric system. So you have to divide by 1.8 and add 32. So his 3- cone is 6.65/1.8+32 or 37 seconds. Although that sounds really bad, his vertical works out to 87"!

Don't know anything about him, but those are some really impressive numbers. Hope he knows enough to stick long enough to learn how to play. I'm assuming his skills are poor, but Canada or not, those measureables and some skills and he is first round.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get too excited. He's Canadian and these are in the Metric system. So you have to divide by 1.8 and add 32. So his 3- cone is 6.65/1.8+32 or 37 seconds. Although that sounds really bad, his vertical works out to 87"!

Don't know anything about him, but those are some really impressive numbers. Hope he knows enough to stick long enough to learn how to play. I'm assuming his skills are poor, but Canada or not, those measureables and some skills and he is first round.

LoL i don't believe the source I found those illustrated them in metric...or if they did why is he not playing basketball given that vertical?!?!?!?!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Right, but if we pay him in Canadian Money, it all balances out!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Stanford Samuels was pretty highly regarded before the combine as a guy with starting potential at cornerback.

He ran a 4.65 and that was that. No one is going to pound the table for a player that slow at that position.

His story is that he's actually much faster (go figure). He said that because of an irregular heartbeat detected during medicals, he was required to do a rigorous stress test before the league would allow him to work out. The stress test, he said, involved forty five minutes going as hard as he could on a resistance bicycle the day before workouts. He claims that the stress test left his legs dead for the run, and he ran much slower than his actual speed.

He says that he consistently ran 4.50 in preparation for the combine.

So what does this mean? Guys can say anything. However, at this point fibbing obviously can't help his draft position. Ultimately we have no real idea, other than a lack of speed not seeming to be a noted issue in his reports.

It will be interesting to monitor him in training camp. If his story is true, then that irregular heartbeat allowed GB to land a ~4th round corner as a UDFA.

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I see you disagreed with me that this draft wasn't the best DL class compared to other years. What D linemen should we have drafted when our pick came up that we passed on?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_NFL_Draft

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see you disagreed with me that this draft wasn't the best DL class compared to other years. What D linemen should we have drafted when our pick came up that we passed on?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_NFL_Draft
I'm not sure i disagreed with you. I thought there were 3 interesting guys in Blacklock, Madabuike and davidson. I thought all 3 would be very good value in the 2nd.

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry about that. In panning on my phone I must have hit disagee on your post. I changed it.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure i disagreed with you. I thought there were 3 interesting guys in Blacklock, Madabuike and davidson. I thought all 3 would be very good value in the 2nd.

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry about that. In panning on my phone I must have hit disagee on your post. I changed it.

:D

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
I’m sorry but the CFL is garbage. Abysmal defences and all around bad tackling gives WR inflated numbers. Many CFLers come to the Camps to try and make teams but can’t get separation off the line or can’t handle the physicality of the DBs. That’s not to say they are all bad but for the most part they can’t even crack the Practice Roster.

GO PACK GO!!!

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stanford Samuels was pretty highly regarded before the combine as a guy with starting potential at cornerback.

He ran a 4.65 and that was that. No one is going to pound the table for a player that slow at that position.

His story is that he's actually much faster (go figure). He said that because of an irregular heartbeat detected during medicals, he was required to do a rigorous stress test before the league would allow him to work out. The stress test, he said, involved forty five minutes going as hard as he could on a resistance bicycle the day before workouts. He claims that the stress test left his legs dead for the run, and he ran much slower than his actual speed.

He says that he consistently ran 4.50 in preparation for the combine.

So what does this mean? Guys can say anything. However, at this point fibbing obviously can't help his draft position. Ultimately we have no real idea, other than a lack of speed not seeming to be a noted issue in his reports.

It will be interesting to monitor him in training camp. If his story is true, then that irregular heartbeat allowed GB to land a ~4th round corner as a UDFA.

I hadn't really bothered to look at our UDFAs, tbh, but this guy was projected to go on day 2 in most mocks I'm seeing. That's some value and excellent depth at a position group where we have some good names and pedigree but not a lot of confidence in that group yet. Wasn't long ago we had Ladarius Gunter as our CB1 during an injury plague... let's set the bar there :D

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of note I know Taylor from Memphis and Tipa Galeai were guys I was aware of right away. Also Samuels from FSU...those are my first 3 which I think jump out at me...however Taylor has a crowded road ahead with Jones, Williams, Dillion and Ervin ahead of him...I'd say he can beat out Dexter Williams
He can probably beat out Dexter, but looks like just a body for camp. Unless you have any other Ty-Inside information!

BTW, thanks for putting this together. You are a valued asset to this forum!

D

Deleted member 6794

He can probably beat out Dexter, but looks like just a body for camp.

I highly doubt Dexter Williams has any chance of making the roster though as long as the Packers don't trade Jamaal Williams.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heyjoe4,

You're probably right, but I know Dexter can play, and I would hate to give up on a guy and find out he became a star or HOFer somewhere else. Tough decision on this kid.

D

Deleted member 6794

You're probably right, but I know Dexter can play, and I would hate to give up on a guy and find out he became a star or HOFer somewhere else. Tough decision on this kid.

In my opinion you're vastly overrating Dexter's talent level.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can probably beat out Dexter, but looks like just a body for camp. Unless you have any other Ty-Inside information!

BTW, thanks for putting this together. You are a valued asset to this forum!

It is nothing further than a hunch on him. I was a fan of him for late Day 3 as I like how he'd compliment our backfield. Especially now with Dillon addition I really like the Jones/Dillon/Taylor with the Ervin hybrid as well as a kicker.

D

Deleted member 6794

It is nothing further than a hunch on him. I was a fan of him for late Day 3 as I like how he'd compliment our backfield. Especially now with Dillon addition I really like the Jones/Dillon/Taylor with the Ervin hybrid as well as a kicker.

What happens with Jamaal Williams in your opinion???

Members online

Latest posts