Packer Prospect Interview/Interest Thread

Shot of Ginn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe take note to the fact that everything other than that portion is listed word for word, and he copied a different portion (word for word -- again) in a separate post on the first page?

You all are blind and clueless. Nice work chump, copy and paste is hard.

Shot of Ginn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What am I promoting? I don't like that my hard work was copied. Again, "supermod" do you understand what plagiarism is?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What am I promoting? I don't like that my hard work was copied. Again, "supermod" do you understand what plagiarism is?
I didn't say you were promoting anything.

I was raising the question. You have a problem with other people versing their opinion? So far, there are 4 guys (me, Wischeez, Wizard, normalsizedmidget) who don't think it's plagiarism. One (you) vehemently arguing that it is.

While I don't think it is, if anyone but yourself (for obvious reasons) have a problem with it, then it might be taken down.

Let me end with this. Is it possible that the guy didn't took it out of you site, and actually never even heard of your site and you? Specially in light of him posting the sources besides each prospect? Is it possible?

OP
OP
normsizedmidget

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well. I didn't know this would cause such a mess. In my defense.

I did not give credit because I cannot link to other forums.

I did source almost the entire thing out, on my own time, and 90% of the time the links were not on the original thread and I had to find them on my own.

I do pay for Packer Report so I was able to add more information that was not on the original list.

Lastly, I did not try to make this to get props, money, or a good grade. I was simply disseminating information for other Packer fans like myself to enjoy.

PS. I did copy and paste the original list, and I apologize that so greatly upset you, but you were compiling that information from users posting the links and quotes anyways. It's just as much their list as it is yours. You aren't crediting every single person that posted a link for you are you? Anyways, I was just trying to spread this info. Not take credit for it. It was something I was looking for for a long time and I figured maybe others were too.

NickGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packerforum.com readers/posters,

First off, let me say that what Normsizedmidget did here was not plagiarism by any means. I was up the night that Norm put this entire thing together and even helped him source a bit of it but for the most part this is all Norms work. Yes, he mite have taken the template that they had over there on FF but last I checked that does not count as plagiarism as Norms body of work here is far more evident then the one posted on FF. You can clearly see who put in the time and effort to their list.

Secondly, Ginn. Do you even know what plagiarism is? For the record, that little piece of work you have going on over at FF is not YOUR work. It's the posters who posted you the information and all you did was come up with the idea and copy and paste their posts on to your list. So really? You want to talk about Copy and Pasting being hard? Cause that's EXACTLY what your post is.

So before you go smashing on norm why don't you take a minute and really think about how much time you put into your work because if I remember correctly "copy and pasting is not hard" right? So it's not hard for Norm but apparently it is when you're the one doing the copy and pasting? Nice double standards sweet heart.

Also, for the record. Since all those lovely people over at FF were gracious enough to help you with your list. Why is it that not one time have you called this a work of FF forum posters ? Why have you stated "My work" in every argument you have made? So in that case, wouldn't it be you that's selling short all those lovely people that helped you generate your list? I'm pretty sure it is.

Let's try and have less double standards next time pumpkin.

Shot of Ginn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for Wizard 87 -- Publicly apologize? FOR WHAT? For defending my hard work? At least NormSizedMidget had the smarts and common sense to alter it and add sources (Which is smart) you just took it straight from me.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly this topic started off well and now is getting derailed. Here is my attempt to get this back on track or I will have to close the thread down. 1 page of decent conversation, then 3 pages of bickering. Come on guys, lets get this back on track. If anyone still has problems with this thread, please send a PM to me.

Thanks.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Removed my posts as it's not worth the effort. Shot Of Ginn that post is off my site so it's a not an issue.

I apologize to all for getting involved.

GO PACK GO !

OP
OP
normsizedmidget

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here I'll get it back on track. Here's what I have from some recent stuff I've seen around.

Running back Alex Green and receiver Greg Salas had solidified their resumes with strong performances at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis in late February. Green and Salas only performed position drills yesterday. That shifted most of the attention to Pilares.

“We wanted to see him work out,” said Ted Thompson, general manager of the Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers.
Pilares enjoys a solid pro day - Hawaii News - Staradvertiser.com

I think it's very telling that we "wanted to see" Pilares work out, considering he's 5 foot 10.

-----------------------------------------------

Cliff Matthews met with the Packers at the combine Source

As did Rahim Moore (NickGB's dog) Source
--------------------------------------------------------

Source: Scout.com: Pro Day Tour: Third-Down Backs

North Carolina: Brian Gutekunst was the scout present.

- Robert Quinn, DE/OLB
- Marvin Austin, DL
- Greg Little, WR
- Johnny White, RB (3rd down RB)

Hawaii: Ted Thompson and Sam Seale were present for the Packers

- Greg Salas, WR
- Alex Green, RB (3rd down RB)

Stephen F. Austin:

- Jabara Williams, LB

Source: Scout.com: Heyward Flashes 'Violent Punch'

Ohio State:

- Cameron Heyward, DL

Source: Scout.com: Pro Day Tour: Return Options

USC: Ted Thompson and Sam Seale were present

- Ronald Johnson WR/KR
- Jordan Cameron TE
- Kristofer O'Dowd, C

Washington: John Dorsey was present

- Jake Locker, QB
- Mason Foster, ILB
- Nate Williams, S

South Carolina:

- Chris Culliver, S
- Cliff Matthews, DE/OLB
- Weslye Saunders, TE
- Tori Gurley, WR

South Carolina State:

Johnny Culbreath, OT

Schiechl, the defensive player of the game in the Cactus Bowl, the Division II all-star game, has official visits lined up with the Green Bay Packers and Jacksonville Jaguars. He is the Division II all-time leader in sacks with 46 and finished fourth all-time in tackles for loss 70 ½.

At 6-2, 252 pounds, 3-4 teams are looking at him as an outside linebacker. He’s also getting attention from 4-3 teams too. Schiechl had a private workout Thursday for the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers. He has one scheduled for Monday with the Indianapolis Colts.

Schiechl performed well at the school’s pro day too. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds and put up 38 reps on the bench. His vertical jump was 35 inches and he had a broad jump of 10 feet, 5 inches. For a player that was not invited to the Scouting Combine, he’s gaining interest.

Not to be outdone Sumner’s teammate, record setting sackmaster Marc Schiechl, also wowed the scouts in attendance. Schiechl, who holds the Div-II record with 45 career sacks, ran 4.64-seconds in the forty, posted a 35-inch vertical jump and broad jump of 10-feet, 5-inches. Oh yeh- he also completed 38 reps on the bench. Primarily playing defensive end in college, Schiechl measured 6-feet, 2.5-inches and weighed 251-pounds. He was put through a battery of linebacker drills and looked terrific. He also will showcase his skills again during the Air Force pro-day.
The Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos and Green Bay Packers were on hand for the workout. This is the second time we’ve seen the Packers front and center looking at a potential bookend OLB to pair with Clay Matthews. As we mentioned from the Senior Bowl the team is interested in Brooks Reed.
Division II's all-time sack leader Schiechl getting noticed | National Football Post
---------------------------------------------------------------
Jernigan also visited with the Carolina Panthers and Green Bay Packers after his pro day workout.
Mac's Football Blog: Troy WR Jerrel Jernigan Has Private Workout Scheduled With Falcons

Members online

Latest posts