TV thread /what are you watching

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Oh come on, they were the good guys. Well the good guys of the bad guys. Those are the more difficult stories to write, making people love and root for the bad guy(s). Much like Breaking Bad, you loved **** man Walter.

You probably don't follow US politics much, but Bad Boy Ron Perlman who played Clay Morrow, the SOA Leader got into a fun to watch Twitter War with a couple of politicians (Matty Gaetz and Ted Cruz). Clay, I mean Ron totally whipped them so bad that Cruz challenged him (Ron, a now 70 year old man) to wrestle with another politician buddy of his (Jim Jordan). Was hilarious. Perlman baited them along so well, I think they forgot that they were politicians.

I swear mate, it drove me nuts.....lol I did a deal with her. She watched Sons, and left me in peace when Orange came on....lol Laura Prepon and Taylor floated my boat. :D

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I swear mate, it drove me nuts.....lol I did a deal with her. She watched Sons, and left me in peace when Orange came on....lol Laura Prepon and Taylor floated my boat. :D

You two should watch the Netflix Movie "Love".....just don't come looking for me if she leaves the room after the first scene, if she doesn't.....Happy sailing Mate!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Has anybody seen the Alienist on netflix ? Definately worth a view.

I heard the same from a friend. My new policy with Series, I won't start watching them until they have concluded. That way I can binge watch the whole thing, start to finish and not have to wait for the next season and the next..... I have that with The Walking Dead, Shameless and Ozarks....by the time the next season airs, it has been almost a year since I saw it and I have forgotten a lot. So glad that I waited to watch Game of Thrones until last winter.

Not saying my way is right, but a lot of friends have switched to the same policy. Wonder what would happen if EVERYONE did that. How would HBO justify the cost to air Game of Thrones, if nobody watched it until 7 years after it started?

I

I heard the same from a friend. My new policy with Series, I won't start watching them until they have concluded. That way I can binge watch the whole thing, start to finish and not have to wait for the next season and the next..... I have that with The Walking Dead, Shameless and Ozarks....by the time the next season airs, it has been almost a year since I saw it and I have forgotten a lot. So glad that I waited to watch Game of Thrones until last winter.

Ratchett or Rached is another great show.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel for a belt buckle. The bartender takes a look at him, a look at the steering wheel, and says "Hey buddy, you know you have a steering wheel on your pants?"

--- "Arrr, It's driving me nuts!"

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Lately, I've been hooked on streaming a Brit whodunnit called; "Endeavor". It's entertaining and somewhat cerebral without being too macabre.

I

Lately, I've been hooked on streaming a Brit whodunnit called; "Endeavor". It's entertaining and somewhat cerebral without being too macabre.

Not a favorite of mine but wife is a big fan.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I just finished up "Episodes" which was on Netflix. It was a bit slow out of the gate and I started questioning if it was worth watching. I am glad I did, once they established the characters, the writing seemed to improve and by the end I wish there was more. Short episodes, so it is easy to watch a few here and there and not worry too much about losing the "plot" if you don't watch for a month.

I

I just finished up "Episodes" which was on Netflix. It was a bit slow out of the gate and I started questioning if it was worth watching. I am glad I did, once they established the characters, the writing seemed to improve and by the end I wish there was more. Short episodes, so it is easy to watch a few here and there and not worry too much about losing the "plot" if you don't watch for a month.

I may have already mentioned it but the series "The Alienist" was a bit slow at first but has been an excellent series.

I

There was a series of series before it "Morse". Endeavor was sort of a prequel.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Binged watched all four seasons of The Expanse while I was quarantined a few weeks ago.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Several videos on the science behind the ships and asteroid inhabitants drew my interest in the first place. No magical warp drive or weapons.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
One show I just can't get into, yet my adult children all love streaming is "The Office". I've tried to watch a couple episodes several different times and I just find it inane. I suppose the appeal is the awkwardness of the characters. I don't know. It just draws yawns from me.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One show I just can't get into, yet my adult children all love streaming is "The Office". I've tried to watch a couple episodes several different times and I just find it inane. I suppose the appeal is the awkwardness of the characters. I don't know. It just draws yawns from me.

Much like the show "Scrubs", it took me awhile to get into "The Office". One thing I liked more about Scrubs was the music that they occasionally played was great. Also, character development is critical to really get into both of those shows and each characters intended quirkiness. I have heard some people say the same thing after they gave up watching Seinfeld....now THAT is blasphemy!

GB psyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Local channels suck big time, I'm in to Netflix, Amazon Prime or On Demand. Watching The Blacklist now, Reacher is next

Members online

Latest posts