TV thread /what are you watching

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

We get Frazier on our T.V. over here which is a classic. Big Bang Theory just gets funnier and funnier as the series go on. My wife is a massive fan of the Walking Dead which is strange as she usually hates gore etc. Dexter was/is a great show and I love the Mentalist although I`m not sure if its the show or the fact I think the two female officers are cute ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
about to start house of cards after I finish always sunny.

Just watched the first season. 2nd season out on February 14 (?), I think. House of Cards is a very interesting show. So many, what I'd call, "greasy" and/or flawed characters that hold little social redeeming value ... yet ... are presented in such a way that the viewer can hold some empathy for them. I enjoy politically orientated shows ... not partisan - just hard-edged politics in general ... and this one won't disappoint you.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Just finished watching the first season of "The Newsroom" as well. Very well written -- Aaron Sorkin writes and produces the show. Jeff Daniels stars in this HBO series...but once again, if you get all bent out of shape about partisan leanings in the composition of 'entertainment' and are somewhat disposed toward exclusively right wing stuff ... you might do well to NOT watch this one. As you probably know, Sorkin was the creative guy behind The West Wing. I enjoy the show-one of my all time favs -- but have to kind of work around the "politics" of the show. You need to recognize it for what it is.

GreenDeath

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did you think of it? I honestly thought it was pretty damn good for what it's been like the last few years. Some nice hits. Great defensive line effort. And I really enjoyed corners being able to play man coverage.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did you think of it? I honestly thought it was pretty damn good for what it's been like the last few years. Some nice hits. Great defensive line effort. And I really enjoyed corners being able to play man coverage.
It was a good competitive game. IMO the new rules helped out a lot. Of course I was going for team Sanders b/c of Lacy but I really enjoyed it. Some good hits & about 10 sacks

GreenDeath

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a good competitive game. IMO the new rules helped out a lot. Of course I was going for team Sanders b/c of Lacy but I really enjoyed it. Some good hits & about 10 sacks
It was nice to see Lacy out there, although it was pretty bizarre seeing all the Browns players, a four win team. Where as we made the playoffs and only had one. Come to think of it, aside from the Chiefs, I think they had the most pro-bowlers in Hawaii.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was nice to see Lacy out there, although it was pretty bizarre seeing all the Browns players, a four win team. Where as we made the playoffs and only had one. Come to think of it, aside from the Chiefs, I think they had the most pro-bowlers in Hawaii.
May have had the most there but the 49ers had 8 guys turn it down

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though we don't give a damn about the Pro Bowl, we liked it better when it was AFC vs NFC and not this Sanders/Rice team BS.
And man, those are some really ugly uniforms for both sides.
As long as they play a good game & don't BS around for 3 qtrs where the scores total. 90+ points I don't care if it's AFC vs NFC or Rice vs Sanders teams. U pay me $26K for a game & I'll wear those things

GreenDeath

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though we don't give a damn about the Pro Bowl, we liked it better when it was AFC vs NFC and not this Sanders/Rice team BS.
And man, those are some really ugly uniforms for both sides.
Those uniforms were dreadful. I figure the guy who was in charge of designing that putrid Jaguars helmet also put together those Pro Bowl threads. It looks like the Seahawks got the competent designer on the design team, because their uniforms are really nice compared to those atrocities.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as they play a good game & don't BS around for 3 qtrs where the scores total. 90+ points I don't care if it's AFC vs NFC or Rice vs Sanders teams. U pay me $26K for a game & I'll wear those things
This Sanders/Rice teams stuff made it confusing on which one to root for.
I guess the NFL has sorta given up on the Pro Bowl or they recognize how the majority of the football watching public doesn't care for it and just did it this way.
This way its like they are saying, "Aw, F it."
Looked like there were tons of empty seats.

Regarding your other thread on what would you do for Packers tix.
Would you wear a Bears jersey in public for a week for Packers tix?
And you can't wear it in Chicago or anywhere that there are a lot of Bears fans.
It would have to be somewhere in Wisconsin.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Sanders/Rice teams stuff made it confusing on which one to root for.
I guess the NFL has sorta given up on the Pro Bowl or they recognize how the majority of the football watching public doesn't care for it and just did it this way.
This way its like they are saying, "Aw, F it."
Looked like there were tons of empty seats.

Regarding your other thread on what would you do for Packers tix.
Would you wear a Bears jersey in public for a week for Packers tix?
And you can't wear it in Chicago or anywhere that there are a lot of Bears fans.
It would have to be somewhere in Wisconsin.
If I did it would have to be for either SB tix that the Packers would be in or for several games. Even then I'd hafta think about it

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only TV shows I can get into is the retro stuff. MeTV and ANT.
I've been making it a habit to DVR Columbo every Sunday night.
And Encore is showing Night Court every day which I've been enjoying again.
NC has so many funny jokes and sight gags.
They really don't make shows like they used to. Way too much "reality" TV show crap on for my taste.

Does anyone else enjoy classic retro TV?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The only TV shows I can get into is the retro stuff. MeTV and ANT.
I've been making it a habit to DVR Columbo every Sunday night.
And Encore is showing Night Court every day which I've been enjoying again.
NC has so many funny jokes and sight gags.
They really don't make shows like they used to. Way too much "reality" TV show crap on for my taste.

Does anyone else enjoy classic retro TV?
Certainly. Only stuff worth watching most nights. My 12 year old is now hooked on Hogan's Heroes.

It isn't the fake reality that turns me off, it is the constant preoccupation with the "horizontal mambo" and even more so the various body parts explicitly mentioned. (Then a laugh track kicks in?) Most new shows have at least one character that uses others then regales us with his/her exploits and about how much they want the next passing victim. Think Charlie - 2 1/2 Men; Barney - How I Met your mother; Howard and Penny - Big Bang Theory; David Spades Character on whatever his show is; The obnoxious chick with the bad accent and overstuffed clothes on 2 broke girls.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
[soapbox font] Just watched "Forrest Gump" for the upteenth time. Just realized, when Jenny ran away knocked up near the end of the movie, who paid for her child's birth? She most likely did not have the means to pay. She was a crack ho that took a few months to dry out and get pregger. Not a career path with insurance or finances. Unless her family stepped up, I am going to bet on the taxpayers. All because she didn't want to name the father, who earlier mentioned he was worth a gadzillion dollars and was on the cover of Forbes(?). I hope Alabama social services back billed him.
[/soapbox font]
< I know it was a minor detail in a fictional movie. But it was just accepted.>

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Good obsevation Poppa san....... also, how did she afford to become a nurse? Who paid for that school and childcare while she was going to school? These movie flaws are insane...lol

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Hollywood need not be logical. It used to be that solders in movies had an unlimited supply of bullets in their firearms. I would wonder when the hero was going to run out , but they never did . LOL

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Hollywood need not be logical. It used to be that solders in movies had an unlimited supply of bullets in their firearms. I would wonder when the hero was going to run out , but they never did . LOL

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

no kidding !!! Between rambo and his 10,000,000 rounds of ammo for his M-60 machine gun and never changing out the barrel or robo cop and his 3 round burst pistol having a 500 round magazine..... lol

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to callyou on this one:
"Harry Callahan: I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"

Members online

Latest posts