TT should be fired

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has made his own bed and now he must sleep in it as the old saying goes but so will the Green Bay Organization and Fans. Only time will now tell the full story ( but it won't take long ) in my opinion as the information age is an amazing thing and all Pack fans will know very soon.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brett is under contract...Which means he is suppose to be in camp....That is was TT has said we expect him back...

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan....are you saying that Thompson shouldn't contact Brett directly, after hearing him say that he "doesn't even know if the Packers want him back. Maybe they want to go in a different direction, that doesn't include Brett Favre"? Either Thompson's ego is so huge that he feels that he as the GM shouldn't have to talk to Brett about this, or, he really doesn't want Brett back.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Either Thompson's ego is so huge that he feels that he as the GM shouldn't have to talk to Brett about this, or, he really doesn't want Brett back.
Or perhaps they have been talking and we, the fans not on the Packers payroll, don't know about it?

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
DePack said:
Either Thompson's ego is so huge that he feels that he as the GM shouldn't have to talk to Brett about this, or, he really doesn't want Brett back.
Or perhaps they have been talking and we, the fans not on the Packers payroll, don't know about it?

So you are calling Thompson and Favre liars? I hope you are right!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am just saying that people outside (and most likely, most inside) the Packers organization don't know what is really going on at the highest levels. When was the last statement that they haven't talked, weeks ago (I seriously don't know this) who's to say they haven't been discussing who Favre would like as the OC? No one knows what is really going on. And as we have proven a couple times on this site, you can't trust what is on Packers.com, so there is really no good source to find this stuff out until we see a press release/conference and we hear it out of their mouths..

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man I hope your right. I will gladly eat my words if TT is trying to keep Favre. As I said before, I was against the Sherman firing but can understand TT wanting his own guy in place. Thompson can turn my nasty attitude toward him around if what you suggest is correct. I just don't know what benefit there is to be so secretive about speaking to each other.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Man I hope your right. I will gladly eat my words if TT is trying to keep Favre. As I said before, I was against the Sherman firing but can understand TT wanting his own guy in place. Thompson can turn my nasty attitude toward him around if what you suggest is correct. I just don't know what benefit there is to be so secretive about speaking to each other.

I don't know what the benefit would be either, but it would kind of be in keeping with TT's MO don't you think. I don't think this guy would say sh*t if he had a mouth full of it.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO, I am trying my best to keep an open mind about TT, but I really didn't like his press conference. He seemed very smug and ******. I really am hoping I misread him because I want to like him. He's going to be here for a few years at least and I have never been a Coach/Management basher before.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to like him too but I don't know what to think of him either, mostly because he never really says anything. I liked his first draft, but he seriously underestimated the importance of the guards leaving in free agency and he doesn't seem to be encouraging Brett to come back (though who knows what's going on behind the scenes).

Like you, I didn't agree with the decision to fire Sherman, and it's looking to me like he doesn't know who he wants to replace him, which is not a good way to do things when you let go a guy with that history of winning. I just don't know what to think, but I'm uneasy at best. The draft gave me a bunch of hope, but the rest of his moves appear, at least at first glance, to be questionable.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the opposite approach to TT's thoughtful evaluation of candidates is what we have had the last 4 years....plugging somebody in WITHOUT thoughtful consideration...which yielded Bob Slowik, Frank Novak and Tom Rossley.

Nuff said!

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Well, the opposite approach to TT's thoughtful evaluation of candidates is what we have had the last 4 years....plugging somebody in WITHOUT thoughtful consideration...which yielded Bob Slowik, Frank Novak and Tom Rossley.

Nuff said!

OR you can go even more recent....like TT's decision in August!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

I can appreciate your concern for the team (as we all are concerend for the overall well being of the team, even though we fight about it!) I am just trying to calm the restless natives here by saying, - Hey there is a chance that things are being worked out and just because we don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening.

Now could I be completely wrong? Heck yes, but hey, it's really out of our control (other than rampant complaining) anyway, so I try to keep the 'ol bloodpressure in check until I hear some actual verifiable news.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

Nuff said!

I think it's important to be thoughtful and cautious, but the last time the Packers tried that in a HC search, i.e. interviewing everyone in sight, they hired Lindy Infante so I'm still somewhat nervous about the way TT is going about this.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The man had to evaluate what he had up close for a year, and there was no way to do that with Sherman operating as a lame duck. Call it a necessary evil.

Now, even if you do consider it a blunder (Which I do not), you guys are *****ing about a personal trait in TT that was previously applauded in Ron Wolf....recognizing you made a mistake and correcting it rather than living with it to save face. In either case, it is not hard to get behind
TT on this one, IMHO.

You know, half of Packer Nation was livid when that "idiot" Wolf traded away a high 1st rounder for some 2nd round, third-string, party-boy QB down there in Atlanta. Same thing different decade!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
YOU CAN'T BE WRONG......you have your own Packer forum. Don't backtrack now. We all know you are "an insider". :p

HAHA, yeah every Joe Schmoe out there with a yahoo group devoted to the Packers, get's an email from TT with his plans, those of us with a actual packers domain name get a phone call, I just don't share the info with you guys ;)

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs...I was being facetious. I've turned over a new leaf....trying to take it easy on Thompson. I probably threw you off because I usually don't post sarcastic messages.

Ryan....keep us up to date SCOOP!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a response I wrote in another forum, but seems appropriate here

I admit I am surprised to read people who felt free to use words like idiot, incompetent, fat-assed… in expressing their “opinionsâ€

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very good analysis, Bruce. I'm glad to hear a much more knowledgeable fan backing up my opinion that Harlan set up a very awkward situation by forcing Thompson and Sherman to work together. When Sherman was fired, I even wrote a post called "Thompson corrects Harlan's mistake" (which got zero replies and sank without a trace). My main point was that Harlan's arrangement was pretty much doomed from the beginning.

You also make a good point about Thompson's secrecy. It is probably not a good sign that he is being so secretive. I keep hoping that he has some master plan that will become apparent in a year or two. When the new coaching staff is in place, we'll start to see what Thompson is really up to. Maybe he will hire a coach who is more outgoing and can better articulate what management is trying to accomplish. Thompson looks distinctly uncomfortable being the guy who is sought out by reporters all the time.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Here is a response I wrote in another forum, but seems appropriate here

It was quite clear that Sherman was shocked and felt betrayed when he was fired from his GM job.

I dont like that. When it comes down to money, its a business, but when it comes to winning, its a team game. No head coach(except cowler) knows hes not going to be there forever, and when you're a GM AND Head Coach, and your work isnt producing championships, your time is even more limited. First, he got his GM title removed, and then his HC title. He had to see it coming. I hope he doesn't feel betrayed, it would childish. I hope he will miss the team, cuz im sure he had some good times. If I was in his position, and I didnt produce to the level of expectations my superiors had, then I knew that unless I give a mean *******, my time is limited, unless I do something fast. And 4-12 didnt help, even though there were a lot of injuries. Sherman will land on his feet.

Members online

Latest posts