TT should be fired

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't say that I am surprised about the firing of Sherman. I can say this though....if Ted Thompson worked in the real world he would have to answer to Green Bay Packer stockholders as to why he jumped the gun and threw 6.4 million dollars out the window a few months ago, resigning Sherman. It's easy being a fan and not having to pay this money but it shows a real lack of foresight on his part.

If TT can get a coach that convinces Brett to come back (like Mooch) then I will forgive him. If not he can get his prematuringly grey *** out of town.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But sports management isn't a usual business, it's all about tactics, and it was tactically wise by TT to resign Mike Sherman to calm down a rising tension in Green Bay about the future of the franchise this season. And we all hoped, including Ted Thompson, that Mike Sherman would do a good job.

And there are many factors inside an organisation we, as fans, won't be able to see, and it seems like these factors played an important part in the firing.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ted thompson should be fired for that? I thought i was gonna get a rant, or an argument in list form. I am disappointed. TT fired sherman,cut hunt, cut thomas, and is cleaning up shermans mess nicely. fire him? give him a raise!

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please gakko....it was his first decision and apparently it was a mistake. His second decision was drafting Rodgers which is still questionable. Now he has probably forced Favre into retirement so he can play his boy Rodgers. Now please show me the move he has made to improve this team.....and please don't say today....it is way too early to tell.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Please gakko....it was his first decision and apparently it was a mistake. His second decision was drafting Rodgers which is still questionable. Now he has probably forced Favre into retirement so he can play his boy Rodgers. Now please show me the move he has made to improve this team.....and please don't say today....it is way too early to tell.

It is also too early to tell how well Aaron Rodgers will perform. MAybe he will be a pro-bowler, you don't know.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aaron rodgers was a possible 1st round pick

theres no way he coulda passed that up

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack..

I wonder if TT spoke to Sherman and said that Rossley has to go and Sherman said "no"...

Guess we'll never know....

The "only" reason to have kept his lame *** in GB is if Brett wouldn't come back because of it...and we don't know that to be a fact.....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
I can't say that I am surprised about the firing of Sherman. I can say this though....if Ted Thompson worked in the real world he would have to answer to Green Bay Packer stockholders as to why he jumped the gun and threw 6.4 million dollars out the window a few months ago, resigning Sherman. It's easy being a fan and not having to pay this money but it shows a real lack of foresight on his part.

If TT can get a coach that convinces Brett to come back (like Mooch) then I will forgive him. If not he can get his prematuringly grey *** out of town.

'sigh' I understand where you are comin from. However Sherman as GM/HC was being underpaid albeit we /most of us/ think he was over paid even if he was earning piles of dirt. The cost of a GM/HC for what Sherman was getting was a and i use this loosely a bargain. TT giving Sherman the contract as i said since the begining was the right thing.

It let the Packers be a team instead of being divided into those who supported sherman and those who didnt. If players KNEW a coach wouldn't be there next year, would they really buy into their concepts?

Now say I go to your point, he gives the man two years 6 million dollars then shitcanns him. Lets say he thought Sherman COULD be the man for the next two years. Folow me here this is where Sherman faultered as a HC and GM. TT realized his misake (this is going with your assumed train of throught from my perception of it) and axed it in the *** immediately. Sherman didn't do that. Case in point, C. Hunt.

I hope I didn't offend you. I'm at work so this is written in a rush :(

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still torn on this issue myself, as whether Sheman neded to go eventually or not, it almost looks like TT had a plan in place from the begining to get rid of all the old guard ( including Brett ) and go 100 % ito rebuilding mode. Hope I am wrong but I don't like this so far.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow. are you looking for a reason to hate him or something? it seems like you're reaching. read his bio, maybe hes pro-choice or something. get a better reason for disliking the man. He got rid of sherman, I am currently building a monument in his honor.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson based his philosophy as GM on the state of this team...he evaulated this team, recognized that we had no semblance of a defense, that it would've put us in cap hell to keep Wahle and Rivera, that some of our guys at the skill positions aren't getting any younger...our injury plague helped make this more evident...Ted Thompson is trying to rebuild this team through the draft, which he has a really good chance to do, he has also acquired something that this generation of packer fans might not recognize--CAP SPACE

with thompson having plenty of resourses (high draft picks, $$$), he has the right to pick a head coach that molds the direction he is trying to take this team...FAVRE OR NOT

we're at the same spot we were in 1992...a team, destination unknown, and a promising QB that we have to find some way to make him comfortable in the NFL (whether it be '06 or beyond)--I think we're gonna get an offensive minded guy in here, whether it be a head coach or a coordinator, and try and mold this team around Aaron Rodgers when he should assume the starting job. Admit it, Sherman and Rossley SUCKED at offensive gameplans, playcalling, adjustments--a change was needed

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think one of the big reasons Sherman got canned (besides being a bad game day coach), is that in his five years here he has failed to develop a QB to replace Brett when he retires. The THREE STOOGES (Sherman, Rosley, and Bevell) have no experience or knowledge on how to play QB in the NFL or how to develop one(look at all the QBs Holmgren kept developing). I believe Rodgers will now be given a chance to reach his full potential and develop as a QB to replace Brett someday. Hopefully TT gets a good knowledgable coach to tutor Rodgers, such as Mooch.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to say this Javon...

But that is total ********!!

Why pay lip service then to wanting Favre to come back and saying you are committed to winning now with him?

I hope you realize that it will take YEARS anyway to return to winning ways with a new rookie QB at the helm..if they ever really do...

So what's your all fired hurry to chase Favre out the door who has 2..maybe 3 years left in him and is your best chance to win a championship in that time?

Rodgers isn't going anywhere...He's frickin' 20 something years old...!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKATTACK4 said:
I think one of the big reasons Sherman got canned (besides being a bad game day coach), is that in his five years here he has failed to develop a QB to replace Brett when he retires. The THREE STOOGES (Sherman, Rosley, and Bevell) have no experience or knowledge on how to play QB in the NFL or how to develop one(look at all the QBs Holmgren kept developing). I believe Rodgers will now be given a chance to reach his full potential and develop as a QB to replace Brett someday. Hopefully TT gets a good knowledgable coach to tutor Rodgers, such as Mooch.

I disagree. Out of all the reasons I dislike Sherman, not getting or training Favres replacement isnt one of them. Favre could probably play two more years, and if sherman stayed, he probably would have, so getting a QB and QB tutor now woulda been kinda pointless. Just saying, I disagree.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
So what's your all fired hurry to chase Favre out the door who has 2..maybe 3 years left in him and is your best chance to win a championship in that time?

Rodgers isn't going anywhere...He's frickin' 20 something years old...!!!

Favre or Rodgers...this team benefits from a new head coach and offensive coordinator if that is also the case, someone who can call plays, design plays and sets for (Packers '06 QB) to throw to open recievers

Honestly I think Favre will retire, but my post in question wasn't slanted toward that in any way, at least I dont think...Every QB on the depth chart will benefit from a replenished coaching staff.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not once when I watched the interview with TT today did I hear him say " We really want Brett to come back and lead this team".

I had givin TT the benefit of the doubt up until now but this guy smooth talked his way right through the interview.

100 % rebuilding mode is where he is at and he is not looking at any type of run for next year with Brett. In fact I get the feeling he would be happy to see him go so he could start his rebuild mode "completley" right now.

Sorry, that's just what I see.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets not cast TT as the man who forced brett to retire....based on the fact he didnt mention brett. They have talked, and im sure it is a private matter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts