TT plays hardball again.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KFFL and ESPN reports:

Packers | Team will not trade J. Walker
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:11:26 -0800

ESPNews reports the Green Bay Packers will not trade WR Javon Walker.

Either you are mine or nobody else`s!!

Packers | Team asking for decision from Favre by Saturday
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:03:53 -0800

ESPNews reports Green Bay Packers officials have asked QB Brett Favre to make a decision on retirement by Saturday, April 1.

Now we are pushing Brett, this may backfire on TT´s face....

Sorry I dont have access to the insider area of ESPN to post the whole thing

Daz666

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Walker does sit out the year do we still have to pay him his salary ???

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...if you would have posted the link....

But this is new...
WHO
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Javon Walker
Packers

WHO'S INTERESTED
Broncos?

THE SKINNY
Broncos inquire about Walker
<Mar. 28> According to the Rocky Mountain News, the Broncos have contacted the Packers about Walker, who wants out of Green Bay. The Broncos have extra picks in the first and fourth rounds of this year's draft, and likely want to deal the fourth-rounder for Walker.
Walker has made it clear he has no desire to ever play another game for Green Bay. Even if the Packers were to offer Walker a lucrative contract, he would not consider returning.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," Walker told ESPN.com's Michael Smith. "I don't have to play. I really have no interest in being in a Green Bay Packers uniform or playing for Green Bay again."

The Packers have said they would listen to proposed deals for Walker, but have yet to grant the wide receiver permission to seek a trade

Walker is entering the final year of a five-year, $6.7 million contract. He underwent reconstructive knee surgery Oct. 7 in Houston to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament and torn meniscus cartilage.

Because Walker is damaged goods, the Packers might be fortunate to get even a mid- to late-round pick in return. However, his base salary of $650,000 would be attractive for any team.

Source

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad Farve finally has to make a decision. Otherwise he would have waited until the day before the season starts to say "I'm getting a little closer to making my decision." He's extremely selfish for making the team wait so long. It's been over 2 months for goodness sake. Make up your mind already.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've read, Favre doesn't have to make a decision. It is a nonbinding deadline so if he says he hasn't decided yet, then we will continue to wait.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see the Packers wanting to know before the draft. I HOPE we know by April 1st. I really think he has to know by now...........mini camp isn't that far away now. Maybe it all has been done already, and just not announced.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is starting to look like a punk. He has his QB stringing him along on his possible return, and he has malcontent WR threatening to retire if he has to.

He has to take a stand sometime...otherwise hes gonna be a pusharound lil nancy boy.

So...hopefully it works out.

TT and MM tried to be nice saying "it would be nice to have an answer soon.." HINT HINT! But now they need to know.

they have money to spend, and good draft position. they need to know from brett, and thats the bottom line.

As for javon....good...torture him...send the message you cant go to GB and coast, and if you dont like it, you can pull this ****. good work on both fronts, I think.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it is definitely getting a little frustrating waiting for brett to decide, but he's not doing anything that the front office forbid him to do. at the end of last season, they didn't say, "tell us your decision by April 1st". they said, "take all the time you need", so while my ******* are certainly in a bunch, waiting for his announcement, he's certainly not doing anything wrong.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daz666 said:
If Walker does sit out the year do we still have to pay him his salary ???

Walker does not get paid if he sits out. Once the regular season starts, he loses 1/17th of his salary every week he sits out. If he sits out the entire year, he will still have 1 year left on his contract.

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
...if you would have posted the link....

But this is new...
WHO
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Javon Walker
Packers

WHO'S INTERESTED
Broncos?

THE SKINNY
Broncos inquire about Walker
<Mar. 28> According to the Rocky Mountain News, the Broncos have contacted the Packers about Walker, who wants out of Green Bay. The Broncos have extra picks in the first and fourth rounds of this year's draft, and likely want to deal the fourth-rounder for Walker.
Walker has made it clear he has no desire to ever play another game for Green Bay. Even if the Packers were to offer Walker a lucrative contract, he would not consider returning.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," Walker told ESPN.com's Michael Smith. "I don't have to play. I really have no interest in being in a Green Bay Packers uniform or playing for Green Bay again."

The Packers have said they would listen to proposed deals for Walker, but have yet to grant the wide receiver permission to seek a trade

Walker is entering the final year of a five-year, $6.7 million contract. He underwent reconstructive knee surgery Oct. 7 in Houston to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament and torn meniscus cartilage.

Because Walker is damaged goods, the Packers might be fortunate to get even a mid- to late-round pick in return. However, his base salary of $650,000 would be attractive for any team.

Source

You cant post insider info on this site. It can get ryan into trouble

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
it is definitely getting a little frustrating waiting for brett to decide, but he's not doing anything that the front office forbid him to do. at the end of last season, they didn't say, "tell us your decision by April 1st". they said, "take all the time you need", so while my ******* are certainly in a bunch, waiting for his announcement, he's certainly not doing anything wrong.

A voice of reason, thank you !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
bozz_2006 said:

A voice of reason, thank you !!!

What were they supposed to do, be ****s from the get-go and give him a deadline right off the bat? Or be nice, and cool, and show brett the love and respect he deserves? Considering last time he made his decision before fanfest, they probably assumed it would be around the same time...well..it wasnt. Free agency continues, and the draft approaches. Decision time is needed, so theyre giving a deadline.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers' comment about Walker means nothing. For one thing, we don't even know who said it. And for another, if management is thinking of trading him, they would be better off denying that they want to do so until a deal is actually done. If they say they might trade him, then the deal falls through, they will lose some bargaining power.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In an abrupt departure from previous statements, Green Bay Packer General Manager Ted Thompson commented on Monday that Brett Favre’s hesitation to make a decision between retirement and coming back is impacting his ability to attract free agents to Green Bay.

Thompson, who said he last spoke to Favre "a couple days ago," said he thought Favre's return would have been a selling point to free-agent visitors.

"I think it's possible that there are players that might consider the Packers more attractive if Brett was our quarterback today," Thompson said

Asked if Favre's indecision has hamstrung the team during the offseason, Thompson replied, "I wouldn't want to get into that. But it makes certain things a little difficult."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
In an abrupt departure from previous statements, Green Bay Packer General Manager Ted Thompson commented on Monday that Brett Favre’s hesitation to make a decision between retirement and coming back is impacting his ability to attract free agents to Green Bay.

Thompson, who said he last spoke to Favre "a couple days ago," said he thought Favre's return would have been a selling point to free-agent visitors.

"I think it's possible that there are players that might consider the Packers more attractive if Brett was our quarterback today," Thompson said

Asked if Favre's indecision has hamstrung the team during the offseason, Thompson replied, "I wouldn't want to get into that. But it makes certain things a little difficult."

Does anybody disagree with that? its pretty hard to.

Would you rather play for a team where the QB is Favre or Joey Harrington?

How about Favre or McCown?

How about Favre or A-Rod?

Cuz thats what the situation is now. I know I(personally) would be more eager to play on a team with a HoF QB who can win you games you might think are out of reach, than a team where the QB hasnt even played one full season...

but thats me...and free agents as well...

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post Trom. I agree torture walker. It seems like his step Dad is talking for him and moving him. You'd think he could at least show up and help?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
PackerLegend said:

Does anybody disagree with that? its pretty hard to.

Would you rather play for a team where the QB is Favre or Joey Harrington?

How about Favre or McCown?

How about Favre or A-Rod?

Cuz thats what the situation is now. I know I(personally) would be more eager to play on a team with a HoF QB who can win you games you might think are out of reach, than a team where the QB hasnt even played one full season...

but thats me...and free agents as well...

Yet McCarthy has stated that Favre's decision or lack thereof has made no difference in the teams approach. They need to quit sending mixed messages. If they really must know....give him a deadline. Don't one day say that it is hampering the team not to know, and then the next day say he can take as long as he and his family needs.

IF this is happening(and I'm not saying it is) this is extremely weak management.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
their approach might not have changed

but free agents they went after, THEIR attitudes might have

(GB is a great place to be...if favre is your QB)

Members online

Latest posts