TT plays hardball again.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if you think about it if a guy has the same contract offers from miami or green bay. Where is he going to want to play of course miami.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if you think about it if a guy has the same contract offers from miami or green bay. Where is he going to want to play of course miami.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not if its a WR. Would you rather play with dante babyhands or Brett favre?

maybe im wrong on this, but I think GB is a more attractive place with #4 here.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hunt was...a guy who isnt even in the league anymore...

im talkin quality players who care about winning.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The bottom line is...

TT had money to spend and didn't spend it...nor has he yet made a move to make a trade to get a guy like Moulds here in GB....

If you say that GB is a better team and more attractive place if Brett Favre is here, then what doesn't make sense is TT 's moves in FA and handling of the whole situation...because to many outsiders...it looks like perhaps TT "DOESN'T" want Favre in GB....

What kind of message do you think that is sending around the NFL..??

Don't you think that if a new GM wanted to have a HOF QB like Brett Favre on the roster that he would make it DAMN CLEAR in the media and around the league that those are his wishes?

Although there seems to be nary a peep coming from Lambeau on this issue, and it comes forth only when a reporter forces TT's hand to make a statement.

I would be like..."Damn straight we want Brett Favre back in GB...and this is what are going to do to make it happen.."

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am beginning to feel the same way. Brett made it clear he wants to see what team does yet we have done nothing to address OL that almost got Brett killed last year. We should have made a run at Mawae or even Allen. To say these guys are over priced is not dealing realistically, the Hutchison contract has changed everything regarding the salary scale for interior linemen.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
KFFL and ESPN reports:

Packers | Team will not trade J. Walker
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:11:26 -0800

ESPNews reports the Green Bay Packers will not trade WR Javon Walker.

Either you are mine or nobody else`s!!

Packers | Team asking for decision from Favre by Saturday
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:03:53 -0800

ESPNews reports Green Bay Packers officials have asked QB Brett Favre to make a decision on retirement by Saturday, April 1.

Now we are pushing Brett, this may backfire on TT´s face....

Sorry I dont have access to the insider area of ESPN to post the whole thing

I completly support TT on both points.

Brett Favre needs to quit playing around. make the decision, and stand by it.

The NFL Draft is coming up, we've signed some free-agents, now its time for Brett & Javon to be Professional, and dedicate themselves to the Packers and getting to the playoffs in '06.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Chamuko said:
KFFL and ESPN reports:

Packers | Team will not trade J. Walker
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:11:26 -0800

ESPNews reports the Green Bay Packers will not trade WR Javon Walker.

Either you are mine or nobody else`s!!

Packers | Team asking for decision from Favre by Saturday
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:03:53 -0800

ESPNews reports Green Bay Packers officials have asked QB Brett Favre to make a decision on retirement by Saturday, April 1.

Now we are pushing Brett, this may backfire on TT´s face....

Sorry I dont have access to the insider area of ESPN to post the whole thing

I completly support TT on both points.

Brett Favre needs to quit playing around. make the decision, and stand by it.

The NFL Draft is coming up, we've signed some free-agents, now its time for Brett & Javon to be Professional, and dedicate themselves to the Packers and getting to the playoffs in '06.

You support which TT. The one that says "Brett and his family can take all the time they want" or the one that is blaming him for having a sh1tty offseason so far?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You support which TT. The one that says "Brett and his family can take all the time they want" or the one that is blaming him for having a sh1tty offseason so far?[/quote]

I support any GM that is telling his star qb, "hey the draft is comin up, you gonna play or not"!

Get it now?

And I also suppot a GM that takes a stand on a cry-baby player, who has a multi-million dollar deal, and says, no you're not getting traded, you have a contract, now get in here and show me something, and we can talk about givin you a raise.

are we clear now?

When did TT blame Brett for anything?

or are you just babaling nothing but drivel and hearsay!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
You support which TT. The one that says "Brett and his family can take all the time they want" or the one that is blaming him for having a sh1tty offseason so far?

I support any GM that is telling his star qb, "hey the draft is comin up, you gonna play or not"!

Get it now?

And I also suppot a GM that takes a stand on a cry-baby player, who has a multi-million dollar deal, and says, no you're not getting traded, you have a contract, now get in here and show me something, and we can talk about givin you a raise.

are we clear now?

or are you just babaling nothing but drivel and hearsay![/quote]

WOW....you don't like it when people disagree with you, do you? You still didn't answer the question. Which TT do you "suppot"? Was he right when he said Favre could take all the time he needed or is he right to say that Favre is hurting the team?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
dhpackr said:

Get it now?

are we clear now?

or are you just babaling nothing but drivel and hearsay!

WOW....you don't like it when people disagree with you, do you? You still didn't answer the question. Which TT do you "suppot"? Was he right when he said Favre could take all the time he needed or is he right to say that Favre is hurting the team?[/quote]

post a link supporting where TT said brett could take all the time he needed.
otherwise its just hearsay.
thats all i'm asking.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
I would be like..."Damn straight we want Brett Favre back in GB...and this is what are going to do to make it happen.."

wasnt one of the first things said by management after the seattle game was something along those lines? lol. Im pretty sure it was.

Why does MM talk to Favre every other day? Ok.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Didn't listen to it, but there are some TT links there.

nice link to packers.com but i don't see where TT said take all the time you need. not anywhere. nor did i see TT say so and so player didn't sign w/us b/c brett didn't make a decision yet

have you a specific player or instance?

or are just posting more drivel to a die hard packer freak

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett want s to wait until a later date so be it........if TT is the man he claims or wants to be he'll get the job done with or w/out Brett.

If I was him I would be doing the same thing. "last year TT was here and he did next to nothing, we have injuries and we suck.....I hate playing when the team sucks". _

So I look at it like TT needs to be the one who commits to this new season. So far it's hard to tell?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "TT can get it done, with our without brett" line is funny. Because this free agency would have been different if favre straight up retired earlier.

1. We would have had EVEN more money to spend.
2. We would have had a chance to get a better QB to compete with A-Rod.

I...dont know how people cant understand this. You know what, KRD005, you have motivated me to not talk about it anymore. If people cant understand it, then thats their problem. thank you.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
The "TT can get it done, with our without brett" line is funny. Because this free agency would have been different if favre straight up retired earlier.

1. We would have had EVEN more money to spend.
2. We would have had a chance to get a better QB to compete with A-Rod.

I...dont know how people cant understand this. You know what, KRD005, you have motivated me to not talk about it anymore. If people cant understand it, then thats their problem. thank you.

Tell me what player didn't come to GB b/c of brett's decision?

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THANK YOU DH PACK

TT drafted A-rod so play him! Take your lumps and go with it TT. He has a plan , right?

Members online