When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, Patriots 2, Steelers 2, Giants 2 on the SB question.

In the last 10 Superbowls only the Steelers and Giants have more than one. Go back to 11 and that's where u get the Patriots jumping ahead.

In any case if only 3 teams have had more success than its kinda hard to argue that a GM should be replaced based on logic derived from that. Maybe the Giants are the most impressive considering they won two with Eli as the QB but they've also been awful most other years in that stretch.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the same mindset that TT is only as good as he's been because of Rodgers falling...how much of Schneider's success falls to the fact he's had a cheap upper echelon QB during his reign? Makes spending money easier by a long shot!
I agree. I don't want tt to go. Just posting what people must be thinking

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is Schneider and that is about it I guessing. Were all these guys in line to fire Ron Wolf since he only got one super bowl win?

I am very interested to see how Seattle does with Russell Wilson getting a huge contract. At some point they will have to make cap decisions they were saved from making due to his small salary. I think I read his salary jumps 10 million next year

I think part of the problem is the Packers had something like 10th most salary left over this year. And no team with more salary left over than us, made the playoffs.

It's great to be getting that much out of our players. At the same time there was some room to take some chances on few guys to help this team. I think that is the problem a lot of fans are having.

I personally don't think TT has been perfect for sure.... But I don't know if there is better either.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why in a simple conversation or debate on a topic people have to resort to being complete ****heads.

Yes, Ravens and Steelers are great examples, thanks. I did say "as of late" Seahawks, to be fair. I only say them because they have built a solid team.

Was simply pointing out the phrase "perennial winners" really shouldn't be used with the phrase "as of late".

If they were perennial winners there would be no reason to qualify the statement

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think part of the problem is the Packers had something like 10th most salary left over this year. And no team with more salary left over than us, made the playoffs.

It's great to be getting that much out of our players. At the same time there was some room to take some chances on few guys to help this team. I think that is the problem a lot of fans are having.

I personally don't think TT has been perfect for sure.... But I don't know if there is better either.

But how much of that is left now that we've signed Daniels to a big deal?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think your last statement sums up thought process between what those described as "TT supporters" are going through in this thread.

Nobodies arguing perfect. But it just seems like alot of his detractors think the odds are low that things could turn a whole ton worse in a hurry

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But how much of that is left now that we've signed Daniels to a big deal?

Not sure that affects this year... where the Packers have about 9 million extra 2015.

Next year we have like 27 million still to spend on getting people under contract.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We have some pivotal contracts coming up, like Daniels that just took some of that Cap. I look for some decent rumblings in the coming year or two as TT and company make some decisions contract wise. One above news worthy FA may be due, we shall see.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I know I am not a fan of TT's when it comes to his not signing much in the way of FA's (Non-Packers) and always hope that he can land an impact player at a position of need......but....also keep in mind a Free Agent is just that, free to sign with a team of his choice. I often wonder if we have lost out on a FA due to some players not wanting to be in GB. I know things have changed with that "pre-Reggie" mentality of "Green Bay is Siberia", but do we really know how active TT is in the FA market and are we only going off the few he has been able to sign?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think your last statement sums up thought process between what those described as "TT supporters" are going through in this thread.

Nobodies arguing perfect. But it just seems like alot of his detractors think the odds are low that things could turn a whole ton worse in a hurry

I agree... I understand both sides to an extent. It is disappointing at times to not make it further than we have. I am of the mindset of trading 5 playoff appearances for 1 super bowl. BUT that doesn't make my stance right or wrong just how I think about the situation.

At the same time, unless you have a better option.... Think you are best to stay put and see what happens. And it's not like the Packers have been disgraceful either. The defense has improved (maybe not as fast as some would like) Offense is lead Rodgers, Lacy, Nelson, Cobb... And two All pro caliber guards. Is it perfection no. But I bet more than few teams would take that roster.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree... I understand both sides to an extent. It is disappointing at times to not make it further than we have. I am of the mindset of trading 5 playoff appearances for 1 super bowl. BUT that doesn't make my stance right or wrong just how I think about the situation.

At the same time, unless you have a better option.... Think you are best to stay put and see what happens. And it's not like the Packers have been disgraceful either. The defense has improved (maybe not as fast as some would like) Offense is lead Rodgers, Lacy, Nelson, Cobb... And two All pro caliber guards. Is it perfection no. But I bet more than few teams would take that roster.

I know 3 in our division that would :D

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers don't self destruct in final 5 minutes of NFCCG last year and go on to possibly win the Super Bowl, our offense actually plays "normal" this year......this thread does not exist (for most of us).

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly. You don't need to think Ted is perfect to think it is crazy to want him fired. I can think of two to three GMs with potentially more success. And people need to quit saying he got lucky with rodgers. He made a widely criticized move to draft rodgers. He saw the talent when others did not. Goodness then the Patriots and Seattle GMs are just lucky too.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. You don't need to think Ted is perfect to think it is crazy to want him fired. I can think of two to three GMs with potentially more success. And people need to quit saying he got lucky with rodgers. He made a widely criticized move to draft rodgers. He saw the talent when others did not. Goodness then the Patriots and Seattle GMs are just lucky too.

I think he got lucky that he fell that far, it took balls to take him though absolutely. He certainly wasn't lucky AR turned into what he has though, that I completely disagree with. He knew what Rodgers was.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love TT. I can understand being frustrated with the way he works, but he's done a lot for the Packers.

I will say, that I REALLY hope he makes a FA move this offseason. I think we need to.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he got lucky that he fell that far, it took balls to take him though absolutely. He certainly wasn't lucky AR turned into what he has though, that I completely disagree with. He knew what Rodgers was.

So TT was the only man smart enough to think AR was that good?

If so then he definitely should keep his job. :D

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
on topic but off topic.....I do love to go back and look at the 1st round of the 2005 Draft when AR was picked. 1/2 the guys picked ahead of him are probably out of Football. But, I am guessing that is the case for most draft classes. Hindsight is 20/20, we could have easily ended up with a player like Fabian Washington had Oakland or anyone before us grabbed Rodgers.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/rounds/_/round/1/year/2005

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Regarding the NFCCG
We blew it tough. I don't take any satisfaction in what could have happened.
Neither do I but IMO it's important to note that Thompson provided the talent to win that game and win the Super Bowl.
The main reason for that is Thompson being lucky that Rodgers dropped to the Packers. With a mediocre QB this team would have been nothing special to talk about over the last eight years.
There is absolutely no way to know what would have happened if Rodgers wasn't a Packer. You're apparently assuming everything else would have been the same and that obviously wouldn't have been the case.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way to know what would have happened if Rodgers wasn't a Packer. You're apparently assuming everything else would have been the same and that obviously wouldn't have been the case.
Without drafting Rodgers, TT would have drafted Russell Wilson. That with higher picks in other rounds we would have taken jj watt and ILB Kutchley. We would have the best defense ever and at least 4 SBs by the end of this season. So it was unlucky, really, that TT drafted AR.

(The first supposer never had a chance)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Without drafting Rodgers, TT would have drafted Russell Wilson. That with higher picks in other rounds we would have taken jj watt and ILB Kutchley. We would have the best defense ever and at least 4 SBs by the end of this season. So it was unlucky, really, that TT drafted AR.
Yup, I think that's very likely. Damn Thompson for drafting Rodgers!!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, I think that's very likely. Damn Thompson for drafting Rodgers!!

Amish makes me question everything I've ever believed in.....TT for this alone should be fired and kicked out of the league. :D

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like TT, and I think talk of firing him is ridiculous, but I agree with others who've said he should dabble in free agency more. Building through the draft is fine, but the issue is that it usually takes a couple of years for a new NFL player to get up to speed. So every year we have a hole on the team, and we depend on fixing it through the draft, we end up delaying fixing the position for a couple of years. I think now as Rodgers is 32 years old, it is imperative that TT take action this offseason. Rodgers has maybe 2-3 years left of his "prime" and perhaps 6-8 years left overall. The once large window is not that large anymore. If we continue to rely on rookies to fill holes (even if TT hits on them all) we are going to limit our chances of succeeding while Rodgers is still in his prime.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can you call asking for TT to be replaced ridiculous and then state the exact issue the Packers face with TT knowing he will never change?

I am not being sarcastic. You state very well the exact issue I have with TT.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts