When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 6794

Too lazy to look for the stats but over TTs run what teams have had more Super Bowl wins, more division titles, and a better winning percentage?

I do know over the last 6 years the Packers have been one of the last 8 teams standing each year. 4 of the last 5 years they have won the Super Bowl or lost to the NFC rep for the Super Bowl.

How many Super bowls have teams with hall of fame qbs won over that time? I assume brady, Manning and big Ben (right?) all are hall of fame bound.

First of all we lost in the wild card round in 2013 vs. the Niners. As I've said repeatedly with the best QB in the league the team's ambition should be to win the Super Bowl and not get into the top 8 or lose to the NFC champion.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, Patriots 2, Steelers 2, Giants 2 on the SB question.

Would you really rather be the Giants? Also if we don't blow the game against the Seahawks and win the super bowl last year would you be saying the same think. Is TT really a Bostwick bone head play away from being elite instead of someone to fire?

D

Deleted member 6794

And they have really built their team through the draft. For every Lynch trade they have a bust like Jimmy graham. I am sure they have made some signing that have been good but like the Packers they are very dependant on qb play the last come years. Take away Wilson and that team isn't winning super bowls which seems to be the critique of the packers. That without rodgers they are not a contender

The Seahawks have led the NFL in points allowed every single season since 2012. It's ridiculous to suggest they've been dependant on Wilson!s play over the last four years.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all we lost in the wild card round in 2013 vs. the Niners. As I've said repeatedly with the best QB in the league the team's ambition should be to win the Super Bowl and not get into the top 8 or lose to the NFC champion.
Thanks for the correction on 2013

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again though if in a 10 year span you can guarantee an organization you'd be in the playoffs 7 times out of the 10....you will get hired as a GM every single time.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks have led the NFL in points allowed every single season since 2012. It's ridiculous to suggest they've been dependant on Wilson!s play over the last four years.
You think they are a super bowl team without him? Nope

D

Deleted member 6794

Would you really rather be the Giants? Also if we don't blow the game against the Seahawks and win the super bowl last year would you be saying the same think. Is TT really a Bostwick bone head play away from being elite instead of someone to fire?

We blew it tough. I don't take any satisfaction in what could have happened.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers #'s in the playoffs are better than Brady/Manning/Big Ben. He gets a bad rap as not being very good in the playoffs and I completely disagree, always have. He needs help, and Ted has done a fantastic job of building a team that can sustain a certain level of success, but he needs to do more. What good does sitting on $20M every year do?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2012 and especially 2011 were pretty rough drafts for TT and I think that directly led to some roster flaws for us today.

It looks like he's pretty well rebounded since then though. Our secondary looks to be pretty well set for several years.

D

Deleted member 6794

Again though if in a 10 year span you can guarantee an organization you'd be in the playoffs 7 times out of the 10....you will get hired as a GM every single time.

The main reason for that is Thompson being lucky that Rodgers dropped to the Packers. With a mediocre QB this team would have been nothing special to talk about over the last eight years.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main reason for that is Thompson being lucky that Rodgers dropped to the Packers. With a mediocre QB this team would have been nothing special to talk about over the last eight years.

Highly possible, no way of knowing. Or perhaps we snag Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco in 2008 if Favre never leaves...not saying they are Rodgers elite by any means but...

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts...it'd be Christmas all year long! :D

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
One question I have for all those that would favor firing TT. OK, he's fired.....now who do you replace him with and how will that person do a better job?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers #'s in the playoffs are better than Brady/Manning/Big Ben. He gets a bad rap as not being very good in the playoffs and I completely disagree, always have. He needs help, and Ted has done a fantastic job of building a team that can sustain a certain level of success, but he needs to do more. What good does sitting on $20M every year do?

I can't recall him ever sitting on that much cap room. At least not since the years since we've contended again.

I like the practice of carrying $5-$10M a year to give us some breathing room and flexibility and keep us from winding up like the Saints.

D

Deleted member 6794

One question I have for all those that would favor firing TT. OK, he's fired.....now who do you replace him with and how will that person do a better job?

John Schneider. There's no guarantee he would do a better job but he would for sure take more risks which I would be fine with if it results in another Lombardi Trophy or two even if that means missing the playoffs once or twice as well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't recall him ever sitting on that much cap room. At least not since the years since we've contended again.

I like the practice of carrying $5-$10M a year to give us some breathing room and flexibility and keep us from winding up like the Saints.

If memory serves me right he did sit on that amount once or twice like you said before we started contending.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
John Schneider. There's no guarantee he would do a better job but he would for sure take more risks which I would be fine with if it results in another Lombardi Trophy or two even if that means missing the playoffs once or twice as well.

IF we did fire TT, Schneider would be on my short list as well.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No you're right and I'm exaggerating a little and I agree I like not being up against it every year but my point is we've been doing that and for 10 years. Yes, he's got a SB to show for it and no one can take that away from him but we've got arguably the best player on the planet and he's 7-5 in the playoffs with some of the best QB #'s in those 12 games of active QB's.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
John Schneider.

I know his name has been kicked around for awhile and he even has a stipulation in his contract with the Seahawks that if GB offers him the job he can get out, but with all the success that he has had in Seattle, do you really see him taking the lateral move?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but other than that 2010 class, which is conveniently left off in that 5-year draft period, you're talking about 2 good players per draft. Sometimes they're really good, but it's hard to find the pro bowlers every year, but you're aiming for above league average starters. Cobb, Lacy, Randall, Daniels, Clinton-Dix, Adams (young), Montgomery, Linsley, Tretter, Pennel, Barington, Hyde, Hayward, Rich. Rodgers, etc. is not a bad core at all. The star power may not be there, and hindsight is a b****, but I'll take that over a 5 year stretch. Especially considering what he already put in place to build on to.

I identified 3 quality players from 2010 including a very good interior OL named TJ Lang and I also counted Sam Shields. Hayward is a role player who never turned into a solid number 2 and he struggles outside, same with Micah Hyde who was good value at his position in the draft but not a starter. Richard Rodgers can't stretch the seam and struggles to get open downfield and his run blocking is bad, he's a role player and contributor but not a starter. Cobb is a good offensive weapon in the right offense but as a 1 or 2 on most teams he's mediocre, right now his value is negligible. Daniels Lacy are very good players, I'll give you that but not enough. I also really like Tretter and Linsley. Here's how I rate the drafts:

2011: D
2012: D
2013: C- -C+, depends on how guys like Tretter and Boyd develop
2014: B-B+
2015:B+-A- with potential to grow.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should note that 14 has potential to grow into the A range depending on how guys like Adams Dix and Pennel grow.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is Schneider and that is about it I guessing. Were all these guys in line to fire Ron Wolf since he only got one super bowl win?

I am very interested to see how Seattle does with Russell Wilson getting a huge contract. At some point they will have to make cap decisions they were saved from making due to his small salary. I think I read his salary jumps 10 million next year

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is Schneider and that is about it I guessing. Were all these guys in line to fire Ron Wolf since he only got one super bowl win?

I am very interested to see how Seattle does with Russell Wilson getting a huge contract. At some point they will have to make cap decisions they were saved from making due to his small salary. I think I read his salary jumps 10 million next year

In the same mindset that TT is only as good as he's been because of Rodgers falling...how much of Schneider's success falls to the fact he's had a cheap upper echelon QB during his reign? Makes spending money easier by a long shot!

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Doubt we could pry Schneider out of Seattle. Besides 1) Schneider has won the same number of SBs as TT at this point and 2) I also look at Pete Carroll based success with a grain of salt.

Didn't Schneider benefit immensely because of Wilson falling? He would have been a top ten pick if he was 2 inches taller.

Members online

Latest posts