Tramon Williams is coming back to Green Bay

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rapoport now confirms the T-Will signing. 2 yrs/10 million. Passed his physical and agreed to terms.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Really loved this signing, and still might depending on what the details of the terms are. 2 year / 10 million seems like a lot for a 36 year old CB, but I’ll wait in garenteed numbers and cap hit before passing judgement.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Really loved this signing, and still might depending on what the details of the terms are. 2 year / 10 million seems like a lot for a 36 year old CB, but I’ll wait in garenteed numbers and cap hit before passing judgement.

He just turned 35 ;)

The specifics of the deal might make it more "reasonable". Packers aren't in much of a position to bargain with guys right now given their circumstances.

He played at Cleveland for $7M/season, but then took a substantial discount to play for Arizona last year at $2M.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If I had to venture a guess, I'd bet it's more like a one year deal with a team option for a 2nd.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not to worry. BGK is a wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun. Ric Flair wishes he could wheel and deal like the Gute-ster.

WOOOOOOOOO!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to venture a guess, I'd bet it's more like a one year deal with a team option for a 2nd.
I was going to say that if it was Ted, he probably would have offered a one year deal instead. I wonder if Tramon might feel like he might be more appreciated by a Gute than a Thompson?

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is pretty high for a CB who is his age and without a big market, though he is coming off a fantastic season. He was poor during his tenure in Cleveland with Pettine, so I'm not certain that will translate. Either way, it brings depth, experience, and some sort of hope to a secondary which looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

H

HardRightEdge

I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say that I’m waiting with bated breath to see whether or not @HardRightEdge can endorse this move from the perspective a doctor of capology.
Your wish will be granted when the details are known. Suffice it to stay, this doesn't fix the CB issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That is pretty high for a CB who is his age and without a big market, though he is coming off a fantastic season. He was poor during his tenure in Cleveland with Pettine, so I'm not certain that will translate. Either way, it brings depth, experience, and some sort of hope to a secondary which looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

If memory serves me correct, Williams only played one year (2014) "under" Pettine, with Pettine being the HC at Cleveland, not the DC. I'm not going to worry too much about what Tramon did or didn't do in Cleveland.

H

HardRightEdge

There is now talk of bringing House back.
I like House better than Williams at this point, which isn't saying much. Quantity over quality is the theme of this FA period, and that's not auspicious.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I like House better than Williams at this point, which isn't saying much. Quantity over quality is theme of this FA period, and that's not auspicious.

I posted earlier that I wouldn't mind getting House back at this point and I know some think he sucks based on last year. However, he was also injured off and on last year, as well as playing for Capers, enough said.

I agree with you though, quantity over quality seems to be all we can ask for at this point. With Williams signing, we almost doubled our expenditures on the CB position and are sitting just over $10M on 7 players.

H

HardRightEdge

If memory serves me correct, Williams only played one year (2014) "under" Pettine, with Pettine being the HC at Cleveland, not the DC. I'm not going to worry too much about what Tramon did or didn't do in Cleveland.
Playing man coverage on the island is the same no matter where you go.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Don’t care to have him back at all still remember him giving up OT touchdown in Seattle, we should wait it sounds more like rehashing leftovers

H

HardRightEdge

Don’t care to have him back at all still remember him giving up OT touchdown in Seattle, we should wait it sounds more like rehashing leftovers
Williams had good coverage on that play with his hand in there. Wilson just happened to drop it on a dime. It should have never gotten that far.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can blame if you want, but that was pretty good coverage and a perfect pass. Sometimes it happens. Give me coverage like that on every play and I'll bet on that defense every time.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Williams he had good coverage on that play with his hand in there. Wilson just happened to drop it on a dime. It should have never gotten that far.
Your right should not have even went to OT Pack should have been SB bound
you can blame if you want, but that was pretty good coverage and a perfect pass. Sometimes it happens. Give me coverage like that on every play and I'll bet on that defense every time.
it was a good pass because Baldwin beat him badly on the inside and all Wilson had to do was lay it right there he blew that coverage

Members online

Latest posts