Tramon Williams is coming back to Green Bay

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I agree with that part as well but once again there were better options available than House to achieve that.
Who are these better options? Would they have cost more than House? If they spend more money on another veteran corner, does that prevent them from pursuing another avenue in free agency that we aren't aware of as of right now? What are the Packers plans in the draft? Are we looking to add another corner? Are we looking to deal a draft pick to acquire a proven corner and need cap space to absorb a contract?

So many questions that have not been answered. BGK has the benefit of the doubt from me until further notice.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree with that part as well but once again there were better options available than House to achieve that.

Better FA CB's yes, but were they "available". Meaning, could the Packers and that FA agree upon a contract? We may never know. But lets say Breeland is one of those guys. Maybe the Packers are still talking to him? Maybe they have talked to him and his ask is too high. Maybe the Packers just aren't interested in him for various reasons. We have to make assumptions, when we don't have all the information. I can only 100% assume, that the Packers wanted House and got him at an agreed upon price.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who are these better options? So many questions that have not been answered. BGK has the benefit of the doubt from me until further notice.

Breeland, Breaux and Rodgers-Cromartie would have presented an upgrade over House. Once again, there's no reason to evaluate the Packers offseason at this point as the roster will definitely look differently entering the season but I'm not getting excited about House being back in the mix.

Better FA CB's yes, but were they "available".

I don't know either but Breaux coming in for a visit with the Packers strongly indicates he would have been interested in playing in Green Bay.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was quoting me ;)

and I did say they were a lot closer to fielding a top 5 team than some think....I did not say that they are a top 5 team. Of course it is only April and right now, every team is undefeated. :D

Are you sure, I thought the Browns already had 1 loss.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going back to the end of 2015, the Brownies have lost 36 of their last 37 games.
It boggles the mind.

It does but if I am a Browns fan I can't help but be a bit excited. With the young group they have, the moves they have made so far this year and the draft choices they have lined up this year and next they HAVE to get a lot better...don't they?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does but if I am a Browns fan I can't help but be a bit excited. With the young group they have, the moves they have made so far this year and the draft choices they have lined up this year and next they HAVE to get a lot better...don't they?

Things are definitely looking up for them. They've finally got good football people running the show. All they need is for ownership to stay out of the way.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Things are definitely looking up for them. They've finally got good football people running the show. All they need is for ownership to stay out of the way.
AND.......they signed one of the biggest Free Agents coups in a long time! Up and comer future Hall of Famer WR Jeff Janis. :coffee:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Routes? Janis don't need no stinking routes.

He only one that has worked for him. Run straight down the field and when you get to the end zone turn around and jump. Ok ok I realize the one hail Mary wasn't to the end zone but you get my drift.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apologies for the off topic post, but regarding "We don't need no stinking badges":
Blazing Saddles was parodying a line from the 1948 Humphrey Bogart movie The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
The line isn't rendered exactly the same, but it's worth a watch if you like old movies.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Apologies for the off topic post, but regarding "We don't need no stinking badges":
Blazing Saddles was parodying a line from the 1948 Humphrey Bogart movie The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
The line isn't rendered exactly the same, but it's worth a watch if you like old movies.

Williams and House are so old that they actually saw Sierra Madre in theatres. So there’s a tie in after all!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Could have been worse, we could have been the Eagles and traded with the Panthers for Daryl Worley

#Eagles CB Daryl Worley was arrested at 6 am this morning when he became combative with police and Philadelphia police administered a taser on him, sources tell @MikeGarafolo and me. A gun was recovered on the scene

Reaction score
Williams and House are so old that they actually saw Sierra Madre in theatres. So there’s a tie in after all!
Williams is so old...
That I saw him in the gym tossing around a medicine ball and grunting old Indian chants during his workout this week!

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could have been worse, we could have been the Eagles and traded with the Panthers for Daryl Worley

#Eagles CB Daryl Worley was arrested at 6 am this morning when he became combative with police and Philadelphia police administered a taser on him, sources tell @MikeGarafolo and me. A gun was recovered on the scene
I guess that will mean that none of the remaining Eagles CB's are for trade, if they ever were.

Members online

Latest posts