Tramon Williams is coming back to Green Bay

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was going to be done a long time ago because of his shoulder injury in 2011 opener vs Saints. Saved his career last year in Arizona, could be an ok move. Was Rodgers consoled with about this move beforehand?.........

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
id be fine if nelson fell to us for some inexplicable reason. id throw my tv out the window if we took a wr in round 1 of this draft tho.

I don't think there is any way in hell Nelson falls past the Bears if he even makes it that far. iof he does I'm good with takingh im.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the Williams signing from the CB position only for a minute. Does this make the CB situation at least as good if not better than it was with D. Randall. If you answer yes then we can quit all the hand wringing over the DR Randall trade. We got our CB position back to even (at a minimum), we upgraded our position in two rounds of the draft, and we added a backup QB with some upside potential.

Now we just need to upgrade from even because we all know that even with last year is not where we want to be at all. At least we are no longer in the hole.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was going to be done a long time ago because of his shoulder injury in 2011 opener vs Saints. Saved his career last year in Arizona, could be an ok move. Was Rodgers consoled with about this move beforehand?.........
I assume you mean consulted?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
yes, but only if you turn the volume off.

Look at the Williams signing from the CB position only for a minute. Does this make the CB situation at least as good if not better than it was with D. Randall. If you answer yes then we can quit all the hand wringing over the DR Randall trade. We got our CB position back to even (at a minimum), we upgraded our position in two rounds of the draft, and we added a backup QB with some upside potential.

Now we just need to upgrade from even because we all know that even with last year is not where we want to be at all. At least we are no longer in the hole.

Well we are still "Burn-ett Down a House" *insert Talking Heads music*...so there is still a net loss from a pretty pathetic 2017 group....so yeah, I am still doing some hand wringing. ;)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say that I’m waiting with bated breath to see whether or not @HardRightEdge can endorse this move from the perspective a doctor of capology.

Last edited:

Divot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is better than Randall....and not one to leave a freaking game.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Before this move, the top 4 corners on the Packers depth chart combined for 7 years of NFL experience. Tramon Williams has 12.

They need some veteran leadership in that room. Now keep adding corners.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I approve of this move. But the Packers still need to look in the 1st or 2nd round for another CB.

And I still think letting Randall go for a back up QB was foolish.

Reaction score
Before this move, the top 4 corners on the Packers depth chart combined for 7 years of NFL experience. Tramon Williams has 12.

They need some veteran leadership in that room. Now keep adding corners.
Absolutely. One solid approach would be to get one more Veteran CB, then we wouldn’t be necessarily pressured into getting another CB day 1. That opens possibilities to get a guy who slips a little (Roquon etc..) I just think having Roquon next to Martinez is the instant upgrade we’ve been looking for since Hawk’s departure.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HALLELUJAH! I think most of us have been clamoring for this very move. He is a reliable guy that played at an extremely high level last year. The comment made earlier about playing opposite PP is an interesting angle I hadn't considered. From the locker room to the practice field to THE field this is a great add. I'm still hopeful we can add one more and a couple more in the draft. I keep envisioning Gute trading up for Ward and until it doesn't happen I'm going to keep dreaming! Now go get Matthews and let's keep the mo rolling!! G P G!!