Tracking playoff positioning

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the uncomfortable position of rooting for the Vikings. Texans and Bears did us no favors.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I really don't care anymore! Their chance came and went in that Nfc championship game against Tampa!! They haven't been able to get over that game. I for one will NEVER ROOT FOR THE QUEENS!! UGLIEST JERSEY IN THE NFL!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I HATE the cowgirls..not as deeply as I used to though.

Reaction score
I’m rooting for Dallas. I can’t stand the Vikings.

Dallas matched up well. Kirk Cousins has been running for his life

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm old enough that Dallas will always be at or nearly at the top of the hate list. And, I much prefer to see the Vikes fold when they're really, really supposed to win. Can't remember them all, but I know they've folded in spectacular fashion over the years.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6 games left, anything can happen ... but it won't so long as this team plays like it has the past 7 (1-6)..... likely 2-4 the rest of the way, maybe 3-3 to finish 7-10/6-11 and at least get a top 15 draft pick (another D player of course).

Reaction score
6 games left, anything can happen ... but it won't so long as this team plays like it has the past 7 (1-6)..... likely 2-4 the rest of the way, maybe 3-3 to finish 7-10/6-11 and at least get a top 15 draft pick (another D player of course).
You’ll be surprised. At a fairly likely 6-11 or 7-10 odds are we’d be picking in that #5-#10 area. As of today we’re in that #8-#9 overall.
That makes moving up into the top 3-5 area very doable.

Also we could perfect a trade back and forth into the teens and get a 2024 Day 1 selection in the process. I like that because we can give Love a season to prove or disprove himself. If he doesn’t excel we can pair our Day 1 selections and grab a top QB in the 2024 draft. It’ll be here before we know it.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very surprisingly the Packers have a path to the playoffs even if they lose this week to Philly. After Philly IF they win out AND NYG & Washington finish with 8-9 records GB still makes it into playoffs. Even IF GB ties w/ NO & AZ most likely GB squeaks in. With this being so, I don't think we'll see Love playing considerable snaps until the end of December (LAR, or Vikes game).

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is a lot of these teams are playing each other, so it'll be Sundays and we won't pick up any ground even if we win. As I stated before I think 10 and 7 will probably need a tie breaker in the NFC

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is a lot of these teams are playing each other, so it'll be Sundays and we won't pick up any ground even if we win. As I stated before I think 10 and 7 will probably need a tie breaker in the NFC
And again I will disagree and state that IMO 9-8 makes the playoffs in the NFC.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this rate, we'll be lucky to win 6 games. Our best bet is to not rush players back from injuries and shoot for next year's draft. We'll also need to address the cap, but not let #33 go. AJ is just too solid and, IMO, our most consistent offensive player. I'll be looking for other players to get traded after the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Our best bet is to not rush players back from injuries and shoot for next year's draft. We'll also need to address the cap, but not let #33 go. AJ is just too solid and, IMO, our most consistent offensive player.

I don't think the Packers even have any players currently injured who they could rush back. I agree that I want them to hold on to Aaron Jones for next season but they need to restructure his deal to make it work.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know teams with success can lay an egg. I believe we lost at San Diego in 2019 with an 8-1 record. The score was not pretty but nowhere near 40-3. That may have been the worst home loss in Viking history. Even their inaugural year of 1961 did not produce such. We must have riled MM and the Boys. At any rate they only have a loss to Dallas and Philly to lament.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers even have any players currently injured who they could rush back. I agree that I want them to hold on to Aaron Jones for next season but they need to restructure his deal to make it work.
Yep, I do want to see them restructure his deal, and I feel they need to. I want them to create as much cap space as possible. It seems like it's time to cut some players.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
If this is playoff positioning, then the only thing to discuss is who's actually making the playoff. The Packers are cooked. Stinks to be out of it with only a little over half the season gone. As the old saying goes, stick a fork in it. It's done.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this is playoff positioning, then the only thing to discuss is who's actually making the playoff. The Packers are cooked. Stinks to be out of it with only a little over half the season gone. As the old saying goes, stick a fork in it. It's done.
As I pointed out in post #33 above there's still a reasonable chance that GB can lose 1 more game and still make the playoffs. Stinks that your fork is already "stuck in it" this early in the season. ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

I know teams with success can lay an egg. I believe we lost at San Diego in 2019 with an 8-1 record. The score was not pretty but nowhere near 40-3. That may have been the worst home loss in Viking history. Even their inaugural year of 1961 did not produce such. We must have riled MM and the Boys. At any rate they only have a loss to Dallas and Philly to lament.

It was actually the second worst home loss in Vikings history. They lost 56-14 at home to the St. Louis Cardinals in 1963.

Yep, I do want to see them restructure his deal, and I feel they need to. I want them to create as much cap space as possible. It seems like it's time to cut some players.

The Packers can't create a whole lot of cap space by releasing players next offseason. Ironically they would gain the most by moving on from Aaron Jones.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy thing is despite how bad the Packers have been this year...they could absolutely beat all these teams in a 1 game playoff scenario. Not saying they would just saying it wouldnt be shocking save for maybe the 49ers, past history and all. I suspect by the end of the year they'll be 4-2 against these teams

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221123-065012_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221123-065012_Instagram.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 55

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was actually the second worst home loss in Vikings history. They lost 56-14 at home to the St. Louis Cardinals in 1963.

The Packers can't create a whole lot of cap space by releasing players next offseason. Ironically they would gain the most by moving on from Aaron Jones.
Yes. That 63 loss was worse. But that was not a good Viking team in 63. This is one of their better teams....So far.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Unfortunately when the contract was signed we all knew something would have to give before the 2023 season with a 20 m cap hit.

Its unfortunate because he's the best offensively player and by now its clear AJ Dillon just isnt explosive enough to be a number one guy

Maybe they restructure or extend Jones, maybe they trade him idk it'll be interesting

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I do like the optimism here, but I just don't see this 4-7 team turning it around and somehow making the playoffs, no matter what all the teams ahead of them do or don't do. This isn't a season where we lost Aaron Rodgers in game 5 and are now getting him back. This isn't a season where we are going to suddenly get 3-5 key starters back from injuries. More importantly, this isn't a season that the Packers have looked particularly good, in all phases of the game. Even the coaching seems to be off this season.

So while a lot of Packer fans are cheering for those teams ahead of the Packers to lose, I am looking "behind the Packers" and hoping that the teams with worst records win and the Packers draft stock improves each week. If the draft were today, the Packers would be picking 11th in each round. The "good news", 9 of the 10 teams that would be picking ahead of the Packers, have 3 or 4 (Saints) wins. Which really shows you just how close the Packers are to the bottom.

While I will still be cheering for the Packers every Sunday, I won't mind seeing them gaining ground on the Texans each week, to better improve their draft position and hopefully their future.

PickTeamRecord
1Houston Texans1-8-1
2Carolina Panthers3-8
3Chicago Bears3-8
4Las Vegas Raiders3-7
5Seattle Seahawks (from DEN)3-7
6Detroit Lions (from LAR)3-7
7Houston Texans (from HOU)3-7
8Pittsburgh Steelers3-7
9Jacksonville Jaguars3-7
10Philadelphia Eagles (from NO)4-7
11Green Bay Packers4-7
12Arizona Cardinals4-6
13Detroit Lions4-6
14Indianapolis Colts4-6-1
15Atlanta Falcons5-6
16Washington Commanders6-5
17Los Angeles Chargers5-4
18New York Jets6-4
19Tampa Bay Buccaneers5-5
20Denver Broncos (from SF via MIA)5-4
21New England Patriots6-4
22Seattle Seahawks6-4
23Cincinnati Bengals6-4
24Buffalo Bills7-3
25Baltimore Ravens7-3
26Tennessee Titans7-3
27Dallas Cowboys7-3
28New York Giants7-3
29Minnesota Vikings8-2
30Kansas City Chiefs7-2
31Philadelphia Eagles9-1
Notes:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah im not saying they're gonna make the playoffs...Im just saying none of those teams is that good either

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yeah im not saying they're gonna make the playoffs...Im just saying none of those teams is that good either
Yup, on any given Sunday...but that is why they play a 17 game season, to determine playoff positions.

Sunday will be a good measuring stick for the Packers and how they stack up against the "best" team in the NFL this year. Can the Packers beat the Eagles? Sure, anything can happen, but the odds are against them.

Reaction score
Yup, on any given Sunday...but that is why they play a 17 game season, to determine playoff positions.

Sunday will be a good measuring stick for the Packers and how they stack up against the "best" team in the NFL this year. Can the Packers beat the Eagles? Sure, anything can happen, but the odds are against them.
I believe the "The Fat Lady" in Green Bay will be singing until spring in Wisconsin

Members online

Latest posts