Titans vs. Packers game thread

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Well it's about that time we are 4 days away from kickoff and this is a must win game in order to stay in the running for a number 2 seed.

I want the packers to quit playing down to there opponets and open a huge can of whoop *** on the titans. Aaron needs to go off and show us he can be in last years form in time for the playoffs this year.

I found out a while back that I will get to be out on the field to hold the American flag for the national anthem with The Drew and his wife and friend it's going to be pretty special. After that we will be attend the game and hoping for a blowout so that way the party in GB afterwords is crazy.

My prediction is Pack 41-14 yes Crosby will actually make 2 FG's going 2/2 on the day. Rodgers will be 26/32 with 317 yards and 4 TDs and I think that grant will sniff the end zone for the first time and get a TD.

GO PACK GO!

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping MM calls a conservative game that we win by ten points. Nothing where guys are going to get hurt going into the postseason, and nothing that will give our playoff opponents any clues on tape. Think "James Starks" coming out of nowhere and ripping other teams a new one in 2010. I know Mike likes to test our new trick plays vs. the Bears so I don't expect any of those again until deep into the postseason.

The fact that Rodgers is on the injury list (even at "probable") with that sprained ankle doesn't give me a good feeling. I really don't want to see Graham Harell make a playoff appearance. :eek:

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I don't think you can call a conservative game espically with the 2 seed on the line guys get hurt all the time dosnt mean you have to change your game plan. That would be like not going balls to the walls in the WC game because you want to save all that for the SB. The pack needs to go out there ram the ball down the titans throat and show other teams that we are a good team and they should fear us.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to get about a 3 TD lead & pull Rodgers but I just don't feel comfortable w/Harrell in as QB. I'm really really hoping that Coleman or Harrell gets much much better in the off season for games like this

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also I would think about putting Boykin in to get him some playin' time to bring him up to the next level of his game

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If there is a game to have big time numbers in for rodgers, this is it !!! Titans don't have jack crap for a pass rush and their overall defense is crappy as well. I say we break it off in their ***. The Jets gave the titans 5 extra chances at scoring due to all the turn overs the jets gave them and they still couldn't convert jack crap. Titans only mustered up 14 points off of all their normal series they ran plus 5 extra series off turnovers. That is p!ss poor. I see a **** job coming up against the titans.

45- 10 packers ( if MM doesnt go all softy when we have a lead )

Arod 350-400 yds passing 4+ td's

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
and stopping chris johnson wont be as hard as it was stopping AP. We have matthews back and CJ does not run as hard or is not as punishing a runner as AP is. CJ is also easy to tackle compared to AP.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we get up by 3 TDs I would cautiously put Harrell in about mid way through the 4th qtr. to **** & dunk then also work on our running game.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be good to see strong output from our running attack. In my mind, this is still the right time for trick plays. The Packers are letting other teams know that they must defend a range of possibilities and, successful or not, we are going to keep trying them. In an indirect way, it makes the mundane punts and kicks go better because of fear-of-the-unknown by our opponents

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Titans had a tough time putting away the Jets. I listened to as much as I could on my radio. What a hideous game from all viewpoints. If we can not easily beat this team, I will have some doubts.

I too would like to see Harrell in the game as much as possible. If this guy can't play, get rid of him yesterday and find someone that can. Otherwise, get him ready to be an actual backup. This is one big shortfall of this year compared to the last many years - no credible backup QB.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Titans had a tough time putting away the Jets. I listened to as much as I could on my radio. What a hideous game from all viewpoints. If we can not easily beat this team, I will have some doubts.

I too would like to see Harrell in the game as much as possible. If this guy can't play, get rid of him yesterday and find someone that can. Otherwise, get him ready to be an actual backup. This is one big shortfall from the last many years - no credible backup QB.
I disagree about no credible backup QBs. Flynn did a great job against Detroit last yr & almost beat the Pats in 2010

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If there is a game to have big time numbers in for rodgers, this is it !!! Titans don't have jack crap for a pass rush and their overall defense is crappy as well. I say we break it off in their ***. The Jets gave the titans 5 extra chances at scoring due to all the turn overs the jets gave them and they still couldn't convert jack crap. Titans only mustered up 14 points off of all their normal series they ran plus 5 extra series off turnovers. That is p!ss poor. I see a **** job coming up against the titans.

45- 10 packers ( if MM doesnt go all softy when we have a lead )

Arod 350-400 yds passing 4+ td's
The question is, is Capers as capable as Ryan at calling Defense? I say yes, and leave at halftime when we start looking like the Jets. The other question mark is, can our run game produce enough to carry us like the Jets' did? I still say yes, but I'm checking the game in the early fourth.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The question is, is Capers as capable as Ryan at calling Defense? I say yes, and leave at halftime when we start looking like the Jets. The other question mark is, can our run game produce enough to carry us like the Jets' did? I still say yes, but I'm checking the game in the early fourth.
Jets run game didn't "carry" them at all, they ran for 68 yards out of their RB.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a game the boys can use to 'get on track' and start tightening things up for the playoffs. The Titans have nothing to play for and will hopefully have the holidays and golfing on their minds. Rodgers should be able to pick them apart.

It would be nice to see another strong rushing effort though.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see someone get over 100 yards rushing. We've went about 42 games w/o someone rushing for 100+ yards

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree about no credible backup QBs. Flynn did a great job against Detroit last yr & almost beat the Pats in 2010
I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. (I have now edited this to make it clearer) This year is the first year in many we had no credible backup. Flynn was a very credible backup I would surely agree. Not since the pre-Rodgers days have we had such a dismal QB backup as now. And even then we had Hasselbeck.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4/5 of Titans OL are out. Clay Matthews and B.J. Raji can take advantage of that.

It'd be nice to get Jordy Nelson back for this game. The Titans have two very solid CBs with Jason McCourty and Alterraun Verner. Coty Sensabaugh has upside as a nickelback. They have nothing after that.

Titans don't tackle well. They don't rush the pass well unless they blitz Akeem Ayers or Zach Brown (which they've done much more of in last few weeks).

Jake Locker is very inaccurate. Has trouble reading defenses. May be without his favorite receiver (Kendall Wright, cracked ribs). They're without their Jermichael Finley-like tight end (Jared Cook, out for season)

Their defensive line is small. Their linebackers are below-average tacklers. Their middle linebacker (Colin McCarthy) has battled injuries all season. That has played a role in a suspect run-defense. Good chance that GB could rush for over 100 yards in this game.

Former Packer Quinn Johnson is their starting fullback.

Packers should win this game pretty handily. But if the offense is off for whatever reason or it's a bad weather game, it could be closer than expected.

Packers 38
Titans 17 (Cheap TD at end)

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have the Packers ever beaten the Titans while they've been called the Titans? I don't think they have. I think the last win over that franchise came when they were the Tennessee Oilers in 1998.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Titans are going to play hard, like the Chiefs did last year. A "statement game." if you will. However, the Packers are playing for the 2 seed in the playoffs AND I am sure they want to get as close to behaving like a well-oiled machine as they can before the playoffs start.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The nice thing is we can use a similar game plan for the Vikings next week.
Ponder/Locker mobile QB
Johnson/Peterson can both take it to the house (especially AP) if we give them a chance.
Titans have Britt, Wright, and Washington, Vikings have Simpson and Rudolf
Tackling will be a HUGE part of this game. I say run nothing but tackling drills for LB/DB all week.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im heading to Green Bay with my best lady friend this weekend for our first Packers game! (i've been to lambeau field before, but not for a game)
We are totally pumped up for this game!
Hoping the Packers play well in a game they should win and with the Titans issue on the o-line some sacks by CM3!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Titans are going to play hard, like the Chiefs did last year. A "statement game." if you will. However, the Packers are playing for the 2 seed in the playoffs AND I am sure they want to get as close to behaving like a well-oiled machine as they can before the playoffs start.

She's originally from Chico! Went to the same school as Aaron Rodgers (showed me her yearbook). His girlfriends sister was one of her best friends in school. She uses your Chicocheese logo on her facebook page! (Hope thats ok, She loves it!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts