There should be an investigation or at least...

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
IMO, the new WR Carlton Brewster coming in and showing something cost Rodgers his job.

Before Brewster, I would have said the WRs were:
1. Driver
2. Jennings
3. Ferggy
4. Gardner
5. Martin
6. C-Rod

Now I think Brewster replaces Rodgers. I am interested in seeing Brewster field more punts instead of Jennings, because Jennings now being the #2 WR I'd rather he stay away from doing things that might get him naggin injuries, and that he stay fresh.

Uhhh AADP, Didn't Brewster fumble one as well? I honestly do not want Rodgers or Brewester back there.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
IMO, the new WR Carlton Brewster coming in and showing something cost Rodgers his job.

1. Driver
2. Jennings
3. Ferggy
4. Gardner
5. Martin
6. C-Rod

Now I think Brewster replaces Rodgers. I am interested in seeing Brewster field more punts instead of Jennings, because Jennings now being the #2 WR I'd rather he stay away from doing things that might get him naggin injuries, and that he stay fresh.

Uhhh AADP, Didn't Brewster fumble one as well? I honestly do not want Rodgers or Brewester back there.

Brewster was able to catch them in practice where as Rodgers was struggling all year long. Personally I think it's Jennings who'll be returning punts.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Driver
2. Jennings
3. Ferggy
4. Gardner
5. Martin
6. C-Rod

Man, that's some sad and sorry *** list. :roll:

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gardner has shown nothing to earn a job, and on top of a complacent attitude seems to have lost the speed that got him drafted high. If you watch him run his patterns, he looks like he is going in slow motion, his patterns are not crisp and does not fake well at all.

I think the top 3 are safe, and Martin should be a lock after yesterday.

Beyond that, I think Ted should be scouring the waive wire looking for upgrades, because this team cannot put itself out there exposed without playmaker like it did last year.

Injuries are inevitable, good GM's must plan accordingly.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky do you think Jennings will be returning even if he's starting at WR. I'm never a big fan of that especially since it looks like Jennings could be a big part of the offence, but if no one else is capable I guess still gotta do it. In that way Chatman was a perfect fit when he was down on the depth chart as a receiver and I'll kinda miss him as a returner.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Gardner has shown nothing to earn a job, and on top of a complacent attitude seems to have lost the speed that got him drafted high. If you watch him run his patterns, he looks like he is going in slow motion, his patterns are not crisp and does not fake well at all.

I think the top 3 are safe, and Martin should be a lock after yesterday.

Beyond that, I think Ted should be scouring the waive wire looking for upgrades, because this team cannot put itself out there exposed without playmaker like it did last year.

Injuries are inevitable, good GM's must plan accordingly.

Couldn't agree with you more Bruce. Couldn't agree more!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and who says he isnt doing that now? lol

He did it last year with DONALD LEE(who is better than Franks imo) and Robert Thomas(LB isnt a weakness this year, obviously!)

put the haterade down.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Porky do you think Jennings will be returning even if he's starting at WR. I'm never a big fan of that especially since it looks like Jennings could be a big part of the offence, but if no one else is capable I guess still gotta do it. In that way Chatman was a perfect fit when he was down on the depth chart as a receiver and I'll kinda miss him as a returner.

I think so. My opinion is if he's the best you got for now, then put him back there. I'd like to see someone get brought in but I'm not sure if they will. Woodson is an option but I believe Jennings is more explosive and from what I've seen is a better returner.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
and who says he isnt doing that now? lol

He did it last year with DONALD LEE(who is better than Franks imo) and Robert Thomas(LB isnt a weakness this year, obviously!)

put the haterade down.

Trom: why is it any time any one make an objective comment about the responsibility of a GM you bring out the hater comment. Do you work for Karl Rove?

I like Donald Lee, but he did not move beyond 3rd string and is getting pushed for his roster spot by a couple of rookies.

NO ONE said he isn't doing it right now, what I wrote was:

"Beyond that, I think Ted should be scouring the waive wire looking for upgrades, because this team cannot put itself out there exposed without playmaker like it did last year."

"Injuries are inevitable, good GM's must plan accordingly."

are you saying that you disagree???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, he SHOULD be, like you said.

Ill just add "and probably is" and im basing that off what he did last year.

its all good here, bruce. When I see "he should do this" and "he should do that" I think of THIS.

All good in the hood, Bruce. I apologize.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lee is NOT better than Bubba Franks. Lee can't catch. Sure he makes some amazing catches but when it comes to just a 5 yard out he couldn't catch a cold. Lee is actually are #3 TE behind Martin and Franks.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
David Martin is like the "bad boy", and every damn Packers GM/personel guy/coach/whatever, is every woman out there, because they're going to be the one, the one that changes him, brings out the best, the one that knows she's the special one that he doesn't disappoint.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers have a legit tight end on the roster outside of Franks, and that's questionable.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jdlax said:
David Martin is like the "bad boy", and every damn Packers GM/personel guy/coach/whatever, is every woman out there, because they're going to be the one, the one that changes him, brings out the best, the one that knows she's the special one that he doesn't disappoint.

I think it took the Packers about 5 seasons to cut Tyrone Davis, and Martin is his twin. I imagine he will acquire some lingering injury again this season.

Why has it been so difficult to pick up Bubba's compliment?