The sighning tells us alot..

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the four year contract tells us alot for our teams future.... this tells me that kamp is gone and chillar will take is spot either later this year or next season.im a little worried with collins not getting sighned but now its clear to me he will get a big contract at the end of the season. i think they will work chillar for brad jones job and will have it soon.

now for the resighn and f/a talk...

kamp is gone he will be traded or let go, pickett will not be back we gave bj a big contract we dont need to give pickett a big one also. our first round draft pick will be an o line or be traded WE WILL NOT SIGHN A BIG NAME PLAYER LIKE GHEART.... we haVe to pay all of our players we have now we cant afford to spend money on rookies we will resighn most of our starters. specialy because alot of them will need big money.

thanks for reading if u disagree lets hear it.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a big deal, but there's no h in sign or resign.

IDK if they'll have Chillar at Jones's spot, brad has shown some promise. I assumed he was going to be apart of the MLB rotation and it was good to sign him to have some of that depth. I don't see how the Pack will keep Kampman after this season with how inconsistent and/or invisible he was when he did play for us this year. Need to see if he will be healthy in the off-season and shop around the league for a trade.

OP
OP
N

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
o **** my bad........ but ya kamp will be traded hopfully for a cb/rb but im kinda worried his stock has gone down and we will get some low balls for him

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I said before that the ideal time of trading Kampman was before the trade deadline when we all knew Kampman didn't fit into our scheme and was healthy. Now, it's really shaky on whether it's a possibility teams would want him in the off-season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Collins is stuck for 2 years IF no CBA is reached this year..

He wont be a unrestricted FA, and the Pack hold his rights

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins deserves a big deal, he's a ball hawk and has earned a big deal, he's also right in his prime so it makes sense.

Kamp is gone, I hope we at least slap the franchise tag on him so we can get something for him. He may have lost some value, but any team that needs a 4-3 D-End will jump all over Kamp. I love the guy as a player, but he's meant for a 4-3, wish we woulda traded him this summer for a Peppers or someone like that for example..

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Collins deserves a big deal, he's a ball hawk and has earned a big deal, he's also right in his prime so it makes sense.

Kamp is gone, I hope we at least slap the franchise tag on him so we can get something for him. He may have lost some value, but any team that needs a 4-3 D-End will jump all over Kamp. I love the guy as a player, but he's meant for a 4-3, wish we woulda traded him this summer for a Peppers or someone like that for example..
Let's look at three possibilities for Kampman.

1. The Packer franchise him with the thought of trading him. OK you you just guaranteed the man 9 million dollars and he more then likely won't be able to play the first 6-8 games. Who is going to want to trade for him at 9 mill for half a year?

2. So they find a trade partner, but team wants a long term deal. Kampman want 4 years, 40 million, 16 million guaranteed. And oh yeah, I won't be playing the first 6-8 games and I may not be as good as I used to be.

3. The Packer find no trade partner. So now they have an OLB/DE that more then likely they were not going to resign, signed for 9 million. After the first game that money is guaranteed. So the only option is keep him and hope that he can play 6-8 games in the season or cut him just before the season begins.

Kampman will not be franchised.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the four year contract tells us alot for our teams future.... this tells me that kamp is gone and chillar will take is spot either later this year or next season.im a little worried with collins not getting sighned but now its clear to me he will get a big contract at the end of the season. i think they will work chillar for brad jones job and will have it soon.

now for the resighn and f/a talk...

kamp is gone he will be traded or let go, pickett will not be back we gave bj a big contract we dont need to give pickett a big one also. our first round draft pick will be an o line or be traded WE WILL NOT SIGHN A BIG NAME PLAYER LIKE GHEART.... we haVe to pay all of our players we have now we cant afford to spend money on rookies we will resighn most of our starters. specialy because alot of them will need big money.

thanks for reading if u disagree lets hear it.
I understand your point of view, but the signing of Chillar, RIGHT NOW, shouldn't be viewed more than the lock of a soon to be FA, who was a part-time starter in one of the best defenses in the league.

About Jolly or Pickett leaving, I doubt after the Harrell debacle that TT will EVER risk not having DL depth again.

About Kampman, Chillar is pretty good at rushing the passer, but at the inside. I doubt he'll be used there. In the Psycho formation, I believe it was Bishop who was lined more outside.

Collins will stay. He's a pro. Don't let those early reports fool you. He wanted a new contract, but it was due to his father's health problems that he missed TC. And he has 2 more years.

And about Toby Gerhardt, if that's the one you're mentioning, there're SEVERAL reports that he's definitely not even a 2nd round pick. He's though, and has good vision, but has ZERO mobility, and more important, BAD acceleration. That means he doesn't get to the holes quickly, and guess what? Our OL ins't known to sustain blocks. Also, he's not good at catching the pass out of the backfield, and has never been used as a blocker.

The back I'm really aiming in this draft is C.J. Spiller. He's similar to Chris Johnson, and is exactly the change of pace back we so much need. Wouldn't mind if we took him in the first round instead of an OLinemen, as I don't see many good OLinemen in this upcoming draft...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's look at three possibilities for Kampman.

1. The Packer franchise him with the thought of trading him. OK you you just guaranteed the man 9 million dollars and he more then likely won't be able to play the first 6-8 games. Who is going to want to trade for him at 9 mill for half a year?

2. So they find a trade partner, but team wants a long term deal. Kampman want 4 years, 40 million, 16 million guaranteed. And oh yeah, I won't be playing the first 6-8 games and I may not be as good as I used to be.

3. The Packer find no trade partner. So now they have an OLB/DE that more then likely they were not going to resign, signed for 9 million. After the first game that money is guaranteed. So the only option is keep him and hope that he can play 6-8 games in the season or cut him just before the season begins.

Kampman will not be franchised.
I believe he's expected to be back in the same time Barnett was back, since the injuries are the same, and occured at the same time of the year. So, he'll probably be able to play some snaps at week 2, and be fully healthy by week 6-8.

I know you REALLY want this guy as a Viking (Heck, you want EVERY packer FA as a viking, good or bad). But I doubt they let him go for free, and I doubt they trade him to you...

By you, I mean the Vikings. Unless the cap fits...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I believe he's expected to be back in the same time Barnett was back, since the injuries are the same, and occured at the same time of the year. So, he'll probably be able to play some snaps at week 2, and be fully healthy by week 6-8.

I know you REALLY want this guy as a Viking (Heck, you want EVERY packer FA as a viking, good or bad). But I doubt they let him go for free, and I doubt they trade him to you...

By you, I mean the Vikings. Unless the cap fits...
Not likely. I don't see him as an upgrade over what they already have. Just because he was a Packer does not make him a better player then what the Vikings have.

MARCOPO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wish they'd get on with talking to Collins, if only for the message it sends. I have no doubt he's the number 1 priority, but all this cooling heals stuff?

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand your point of view, but the signing of Chillar, RIGHT NOW, shouldn't be viewed more than the lock of a soon to be FA, who was a part-time starter in one of the best defenses in the league.

About Jolly or Pickett leaving, I doubt after the Harrell debacle that TT will EVER risk not having DL depth again.

About Kampman, Chillar is pretty good at rushing the passer, but at the inside. I doubt he'll be used there. In the Psycho formation, I believe it was Bishop who was lined more outside.

Collins will stay. He's a pro. Don't let those early reports fool you. He wanted a new contract, but it was due to his father's health problems that he missed TC. And he has 2 more years.

And about Toby Gerhardt, if that's the one you're mentioning, there're SEVERAL reports that he's definitely not even a 2nd round pick. He's though, and has good vision, but has ZERO mobility, and more important, BAD acceleration. That means he doesn't get to the holes quickly, and guess what? Our OL ins't known to sustain blocks. Also, he's not good at catching the pass out of the backfield, and has never been used as a blocker.

The back I'm really aiming in this draft is C.J. Spiller. He's similar to Chris Johnson, and is exactly the change of pace back we so much need. Wouldn't mind if we took him in the first round instead of an OLinemen, as I don't see many good OLinemen in this upcoming draft...

I agree with everything you are saying, except the Spiller thing. Hes the next reggie bush not chris johnson. He has that break away speed and is very elusive but not the power like johnson. As far as linemen go, I dont know to many that are getting any hype this early before the draft but Mike Johnson from Bama is pretty damn disguisting.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not likely. I don't see him as an upgrade over what they already have. Just because he was a Packer does not make him a better player then what the Vikings have.
2005-2008 the 3rd best sacker behind Ware and Allen.

You got to be kidding yourself if you believe Edwards is better than Kampman.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everything you are saying, except the Spiller thing. Hes the next reggie bush not chris johnson. He has that break away speed and is very elusive but not the power like johnson. As far as linemen go, I dont know to many that are getting any hype this early before the draft but Mike Johnson from Bama is pretty damn disguisting.
Well, you may be right. I didn't mean to say he's a s good as chris johnson, I meant that he's a speedy guy who can catch from the backfield. Bush may be a better comparison, given what CJ is doing. But I think, running back wise, Spiller is better between the tackles than Bush...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

This is a what have you done for me lately league. What he did from 2005-2008 will count for nothing after his surgery.

Edwards is a 4th year player who is getting better every year. Kampman is an 8 year, going to be 9th by the time he gets back, coming off a serious knee injury. But for the heck of it lets compare them. This year. Yeah I know Kampman was moved, mistake as far as I am concerned. But I have to wonder about his declining sacks the last 3 years.

Kampman. 9 games before he got hurt. 42 tackles. 3.5 sacks. Compared to last years 36 tackles and 7.5 sacks in 9 games it's gone down. Not his fault, it's the system he was put in.

Edwards. 13 games 42 tackles 6.5 sacks. Not bad. First 9 games 31 tackles 5.5 sacks.

So now how do you compare and 8 year player to a 4 year player? Let's take Kampman first 4 and compare them to Edwards first 4 and see what we have.

Kampman. 56 games 201 combined 136 total and 35 assist, 13.5 sacks
Edwards. 55 games 136 combined 103 total 33 assist, 19.5 sacks.

So with a player like Edwards on the up and coming why would someone replace him with a player coming off a major knee injury?

Is Kampman better? He was.

Will he be after the surgery? Who knows.

I would be surprised if TT offered to resign him and it would take a small miracle in his healing process for TT to franchise him. Hopefully he can find a team that can use him on the line.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
right, but i assume kampman was our Allen. Backs and TE's would help out to shut him down, and he would still make the sacks. I assume (i really dont watch the lines too much) that Edwards plays a lot off of Allen, in that he rarely gets double covered because of Allen. Again, I dont pay close attention to DE's, so I could be wrong

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
right, but i assume kampman was our Allen. Backs and TE's would help out to shut him down, and he would still make the sacks. I assume (i really dont watch the lines too much) that Edwards plays a lot off of Allen, in that he rarely gets double covered because of Allen. Again, I dont pay close attention to DE's, so I could be wrong
He is benefiting from some of that this year, but he was not his first two years. The other young DE MN has, Robison, hardly ever sees the field because he spells Allen. Who never wants to be off the field. For the limited number of snaps he has he is doing ok.

If you ever watch these guys, DE's, you will see a lot of holds on them. A lot of holds on DE's are never called. Usually just the more blatant ones.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Kampman. Remember he is undersized to begin with going into his 9th season with a major knee injury. His value is up in the air. There are many teams that will not even consider him if he tries to up his money with guarantee money.

Some team will get him cheap, at the right price he would be worth the gamble at this stage of his career.

Bottom line TT played a bad poker hand, the Pack lost any value they had in Kampman.

IMO I think the Pack should try to sign Kampman on a 3 year deal heavy with incentives, then trade him before the next trade deadline. This is the only hope to get anything in value for him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, my opinion is that teams will look at his production as a 4-3 DE, which is outstanding, and also evaluate that he'll be only 30, and that it's the first time he EVER missed a game.

I can see that some teams will be cautious with his injury, but I think in his case the positive aspects far outweight the bad ones.

Will he be considered for a 1st round pick, like he sure would if he would've been dealt before this season? I don't think so.

But still, I doubt there won't be a team offering a 2nd rounder.

The same Vikings traded much more for a guy who had production but had MAJOR off-field issues.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well, my opinion is that teams will look at his production as a 4-3 DE, which is outstanding, and also evaluate that he'll be only 30, and that it's the first time he EVER missed a game.

I can see that some teams will be cautious with his injury, but I think in his case the positive aspects far outweight the bad ones.

Will he be considered for a 1st round pick, like he sure would if he would've been dealt before this season? I don't think so.

But still, I doubt there won't be a team offering a 2nd rounder.

The same Vikings traded much more for a guy who had production but had MAJOR off-field issues.
Who never had a major knee injury. And who cleaned up his off field issues.

Kampman will only be signed by someone after he is 100% healthy. Just like Tauscher.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who never had a major knee injury. And who cleaned up his off field issues.

Kampman will only be signed by someone after he is 100% healthy. Just like Tauscher.
As I said, I understand that he had major knee surgery, but prior to this he had never even been injuried. That's also a factor...

OP
OP
N

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
te point i was trying to make by saying gheart is we wont spend money on a rb if we draft a rb in the first or second they will need alot of money we cant give them because we have other players to worry about.and one more thing we are a playoff team this year and will be next year rb is a big position i wouldent want a rookie to start for us grant will be back like him or hate him.i wasnt a big grant fan but i get to thinking we are a passing team we dont run the ball on a regular bassis so grant doest get into a good feel for the game.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a what have you done for me lately league. What he did from 2005-2008 will count for nothing after his surgery.

Edwards is a 4th year player who is getting better every year. Kampman is an 8 year, going to be 9th by the time he gets back, coming off a serious knee injury. But for the heck of it lets compare them. This year. Yeah I know Kampman was moved, mistake as far as I am concerned. But I have to wonder about his declining sacks the last 3 years.

Kampman. 9 games before he got hurt. 42 tackles. 3.5 sacks. Compared to last years 36 tackles and 7.5 sacks in 9 games it's gone down. Not his fault, it's the system he was put in.

Edwards. 13 games 42 tackles 6.5 sacks. Not bad. First 9 games 31 tackles 5.5 sacks.

So now how do you compare and 8 year player to a 4 year player? Let's take Kampman first 4 and compare them to Edwards first 4 and see what we have.

Kampman. 56 games 201 combined 136 total and 35 assist, 13.5 sacks
Edwards. 55 games 136 combined 103 total 33 assist, 19.5 sacks.

So with a player like Edwards on the up and coming why would someone replace him with a player coming off a major knee injury?

Is Kampman better? He was.

Will he be after the surgery? Who knows.

I would be surprised if TT offered to resign him and it would take a small miracle in his healing process for TT to franchise him. Hopefully he can find a team that can use him on the line.

TT will certainly not resign him, most likely a franchise tag. I like how you explained that edwards has more potential at this point than Kampman. But do the Vikings really care? If Kampman hit the street as a free agent I think the Vikings go after him even if he lost a leg.

Partial

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think in 2007 Kampman is the better player, sure. I think it's a stretch to say Kampman coming off an ACL tear at 30 is going to be the same guy when playing a position where the first step is so key. Not saying it's not true, but I wouldn't speculate either way right now.

That said, I think they're not resigning Collins to pressure the union. Chillar's deal got done because A) he's not a franchise type of guy and B) he will be unrestricted either way. Under no circumstances do I see the Pack forcing Collins to play under the one year tender. I would have to think worst case scenario is they franchise and sign to a long term deal asap. They would have to be fools, he's a top 5 safety in the NFL imo.

Members online

Latest posts