The sighning tells us alot..

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think in 2007 Kampman is the better player, sure. I think it's a stretch to say Kampman coming off an ACL tear at 30 is going to be the same guy when playing a position where the first step is so key. Not saying it's not true, but I wouldn't speculate either way right now.

That said, I think they're not resigning Collins to pressure the union. Chillar's deal got done because A) he's not a franchise type of guy and B) he will be unrestricted either way. Under no circumstances do I see the Pack forcing Collins to play under the one year tender. I would have to think worst case scenario is they franchise and sign to a long term deal asap. They would have to be fools, he's a top 5 safety in the NFL imo.

True but do they really need to do that? Collins vented some frustration about the contract earlier in the season but it's not like he's willing to slack off. Instead he maintains his stature and says that its a business thing and let his agent handle it period. And plus it's a lot cheaper for the packers organization if they do force Collins to play under a RFA label. He'll only be given 13% higher than his current salary which is a whole lot less money rather than giving him a charles woodson type deal.

Partial

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True but do they really need to do that? Collins vented some frustration about the contract earlier in the season but it's not like he's willing to slack off. Instead he maintains his stature and says that its a business thing and let his agent handle it period. And plus it's a lot cheaper for the packers organization if they do force Collins to play under a RFA label. He'll only be given 13% higher than his current salary which is a whole lot less money rather than giving him a charles woodson type deal.

If he is a RFA (no CBA reached), then yes, he'll play under that contract I'm sure.

My point was there is no way the Packers are going to let this guy go. They'd have to be completely foolish to do so.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is a RFA (no CBA reached), then yes, he'll play under that contract I'm sure.

My point was there is no way the Packers are going to let this guy go. They'd have to be completely foolish to do so.

That's the curse of having a GM like thompson because you can never tell what he is going to do. We had a former all star safety Darren Sharper who was unfortunately in the same position Collins is in right now. It ended up with a messy divorce by letting go of him. TT really got lucky when he was able to replace sharper with a stud like collins. And if Collins is let go, be wary packer fans it could happen, then i doubt TT will get lucky again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts