The Point of the Draft Picks

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In the meantime, does anyone think we will consider using Love selectively as a utility player, similar to how the Saints have supplemented Brees now that he’s in his twilight tears?

While I wouldn't say it isn't possible, I doubt very much that it will be in the immediate plans. More important to get him learning the offense from a QB perspective and not expose him to injury.

Reaction score
While I wouldn't say it isn't possible, I doubt very much that it will be in the immediate plans. More important to get him learning the offense from a QB perspective and not expose him to injury.
Oh.. well... Then this was a terribly pick! :cry: :roflmao:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so, a year after basically giving 100 million dollars guaranteed, you think they've decided they've had enough of Rodgers and want to move on?

How much of other peoples money would you spend to keep your job? When you've made it to the top of your profession and have a blue chip player at a premium position you pay them. Gute and co would have been ran out of town to not pay Rodgers without a reasonable contingency plan. To not improve the declining defense. The money has to go somewhere. Just because they paid Aaron doesn't mean he's going to be with us until the end of that contract. Now, having Love on the roster opens up a lot of options and bolsters the most important position in football. Mahomes took one year to begin to play at an MVP level. Lamar too. They clearly think he can be that calibre player. It may only take one year before Love starts to embarrass Rodgers in practice (much like Rodgers used to do to Favre). If that's the case, IMO, we're moving on. Someone's gotta say it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much of other peoples money would you spend to keep your job? When you've made it to the top of your profession and have a blue chip player at a premium position you pay them. Gute and co would have been ran out of town to not pay Rodgers without a reasonable contingency plan. To not improve the declining defense. The money has to go somewhere. Just because they paid Aaron doesn't mean he's going to be with us until the end of that contract. Now, having Love on the roster opens up a lot of options and bolsters the most important position in football. Mahomes took one year to begin to play at an MVP level. Lamar too. They clearly think he can be that calibre player. It may only take one year before Love starts to embarrass Rodgers in practice (much like Rodgers used to do to Favre). If that's the case, IMO, we're moving on. Someone's gotta say it.
I didn't say he'd be with us till the end of the contract, I asked why you thought we gave him close to 100 million guaranteed if they were tired of him and wanted to move on in a year. The obvious answer is, you wouldn't.

Not wanting to improve a defense? Smith, Smith, Amos ring a bell? 3 of the best free agent signings on defense, all on the packers. I don't think the actions fit your view

My suspicion is that the front office is either done with Rodgers or they have conceded that our roster has too many holes to compete

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say he'd be with us till the end of the contract, I asked why you thought we gave him close to 100 million guaranteed if they were tired of him and wanted to move on in a year. The obvious answer is, you wouldn't.

Not wanting to improve a defense? Smith, Smith, Amos ring a bell? 3 of the best free agent signings on defense, all on the packers. I don't think the actions fit your view

I think you missed my point... They improved the defense because if they didn't they'd be out the job. Again, the front office has to spend money. Now, after being smoked by the 9ers twice and seeing the AFC loading up maybe they are thinking that this team is a couple years away from really competing at that level (and not just being a participant). Baltimore, Chiefs, 9ers are on a different tier than the Pack, IMO, and we stood still and have multiple question marks. Run defense and passing offense are two big concerns for a team that was one win away from the Superbowl. Keep in mind that 1/8th of the league is one win away from the Superbowl every year, so how big of an accomplishment is that really considering the disparity on the field.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My suspicion is that the front office is either done with Rodgers or they have conceded that our roster has too many holes to compete

That is what you said, and yes, GB was one of the top 12%. 88% of the league would have liked to have been there. I'd say they did ok.

Baltimore isn't on another level. The Chiefs lost 4 times, once to us. The 9ers were the Super bowl losers. How did the previous years super bowl losers do in the playoffs this year? oh, that's right. I doubt GB looked at the 9er's games and decided to throw in the towel on a HOF QB because passing offense needs help.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I admit that I am still a bit confused as to what Gute is doing at WR. However, I view his last 2 years of drafting and signing as one with a careful eye to the future, while still wanting to improve the present under a new HC and a new offense. While some of us, myself included, think/thought that if Rodgers was given a couple of more weapons at WR or TE, a SB was within reach. Right or wrong, we will find out, but Gute appears to be looking at a bigger picture than most of us and also has the advantage of having a lot more inside information than any of us are privy to. Very few expected/predicted that the Packers would go 13-3 last year, yet they did. That alone gives me more confidence in Gute and MLF and less confidence in outside opinion, including my own.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is what you said, and yes, GB was one of the top 12%. 88% of the league would have liked to have been there. I'd say they did ok.

Baltimore isn't on another level. The Chiefs lost 4 times, once to us. The 9ers were the Super bowl losers. How did the previous years super bowl losers do in the playoffs this year? oh, that's right. I doubt GB looked at the 9er's games and decided to throw in the towel on a HOF QB because passing offense needs help.

These are only two possible reasons, again we don't know the answer. It's all of us hand waiving while trying to determine the reason for such a puzzling move (taking Love, no new WR's). I'll tell you this though, if Rodgers is on another team in 2021 I'll be here to say I told you so. If he's with us past 2022 then it's basically Gute admitting he was wrong taking Love, which I don't see happening.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If he's with us past 2022 then it's basically Gute admitting he was wrong taking Love, which I don't see happening.

Why? What if Rodgers is still playing at a high level, the team is clicking and Love is still looking like the real deal. What Rodgers does or does not do, where he plays or doesn't play is very independent of evaluating Love the Football player. Either Love is the real deal or he isn't.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are only two possible reasons, again we don't know the answer. It's all of us hand waiving while trying to determine the reason for such a puzzling move (taking Love, no new WR's). I'll tell you this though, if Rodgers is on another team in 2021 I'll be here to say I told you so. If he's with us past 2022 then it's basically Gute admitting he was wrong taking Love, which I don't see happening.
that's 3 seasons from now. That has nothing to do with the front office being "done with Rodgers", as you have said. 3 seasons from now puts him at the point of his contract where Rodgers and the Front office have basically said, if you'll have earned our investment and are performing well enough we're going to keep you around to earn your salary, or you're not and you won't be. We all know that.

There are a few ways taking Love could be "right" or "wrong". I don't think taking him now had anything to do with the front office being "done" with Rodgers or them throwing in the towel on the roster and a championship in the next couple years.

Reaction score
I was hearing some pre draft interviews with various personnel guys and players that spoke of the philosophy of drafting the most talented players. Then building a team around the strength of those players.
I don’t think it’s coincidental that Love was drafted at the exact place he was rated at NFL.Com draft profile as the #26 rated athlete. But we also have to assume each team has their own board and GB likely had Love inside the top #25 on their board.

I believe teams also value the QB position as a higher value than most other positions all other things equal. Meaning the QB position may push you up the board +5 etc.. whereas a Center position might be pushed down lower -5 and so on.
Then a position need may add a numerical value.

I believe Gute has some similar methodology in different format for his board. All the round 1 grade WRs and LBs we’re gone. . Love was sitting there like a sore thumb and had surpassed his point value and QB was a tertiary consideration as a fallback. I think GB truly believes they got the most valuable athlete.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I believe teams also value the QB position as a higher value than most other positions all other things equal. Meaning the QB position may push you up the board +5 etc.. whereas a Center position might be pushed down lower -5 and so on.
Then a position need may add a numerical value.

I would add to that, that the value of a certain position, in this case QB, goes up even more when you have your eye on the not so distant future and a starting QB will be needed. Basically, need factors into value. For example, if Love is looking good and in the 2021 draft another QB that ranks exactly what Love ranked on the Packers board, falls to them at 26, I highly doubt they trade up to grab him.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They say NFL is the Not for Long league. But Mark Murphy is essentially guaranteeing Gute long-term security after two freaking years at his position, by allowing him to plan for the distance future (in NFL years) instead of doing everything he can to make the team better and win now. This type of complacency is what kept Mike McCarthy, Dom Capers, and Ted Thompson employed for far too long, kept Pettine employed after he showed nothing in 2018 and currently even after he was absolutely embarrassed on the biggest stage last year, etc.

The issue this time is that they overstepped their boundaries, and the entire league has put them on notice. They put a spotlight on themselves that they absolutely cannot handle. Even Rodgers' critics are expressing sympathy for him after a universally panned draft class, and the failures of the organization are publicly being displayed under a magnifying glass. They put even more pressure on themselves to win a SB now. Every player they passed up and deemed unworthy of drafting who goes on to be unsuccessful will be held against them if they don't. It's gone from Fans Who Want to Win vs. the organization, to The Entire League vs. the organization and they are way too soft to handle it. They thought they outsmarted everyone, when the reality is that they all could be out of a job before a love even sees a snap

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They say NFL is the Not for Long league. But Mark Murphy is essentially guaranteeing Gute long-term security after two freaking years at his position, by allowing him to plan for the distance future (in NFL years) instead of doing everything he can to make the team better and win now. This type of complacency is what kept Mike McCarthy, Dom Capers, and Ted Thompson employed for far too long, kept Pettine employed after he showed nothing in 2018 and currently even after he was absolutely embarrassed on the biggest stage last year, etc.

The issue this time is that they overstepped their boundaries, and the entire league has put them on notice. They put a spotlight on themselves that they absolutely cannot handle. Even Rodgers' critics are expressing sympathy for him after a universally panned draft class, and the failures of the organization are publicly being displayed under a magnifying glass. They put even more pressure on themselves to win a SB now. Every player they passed up and deemed unworthy of drafting who goes on to be unsuccessful will be held against them if they don't. It's gone from Fans Who Want to Win vs. the organization, to The Entire League vs. the organization and they are way too soft to handle it. They thought they outsmarted everyone, when the reality is that they all could be out of a job before a love even sees a snap

2 Words for you: Cleveland Browns.

I won't bore you with spinning your viewpoint 180 degrees and explain things from that perspective. Because if I did, I too would be making broad assumptions and predictions that I have no business making.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 Words for you: Cleveland Browns.

I won't bore you with spinning your viewpoint 180 degrees and explain things from that perspective. Because if I did, I too would be making broad assumptions and predictions that I have no business making.
So you compare them to the worst organization in the league, instead of comparing them to the ones which have been kicking their butts for the past decade? Which side do you want to be on?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So you compare them to the worst organization in the league, instead of comparing them to the ones which have been kicking their butts for the past decade? Which side do you want to be on?

I'm saying that what you are suggesting is actually very similar to the way the Cleveland Browns operate, "Win now or you are fired".

Knee jerk and over reactions to things, with only an eye on the short term is a very dangerous way to operate an NFL team, as well as a business.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm saying that what you are suggesting is actually very similar to the way the Cleveland Browns operate, "Win now or you are fired".

Knee jerk and over reactions to things, with only an eye on the short term is a very dangerous way to operate an NFL team, as well as a business.
Again, you are comparing this team to the Browns. You are ignoring the fact that firing McCarthy, Capers, and Thompson earlier clearly would have been the correct move. That's the foresight required to be successful and increase the chances of winning a SB. You have to make moves too early, not too late. The 2014 NFCCG was a coaching failure of epic proportions , the 2012 SF playoff game was a defensive coaching failure of epic proportions, and the 2017 season proved that this playoff roster was a merely a mirage being elevated by a HOF QB. All of those guys showed that they were done. GB was so concerned about not being the Browns and making "knee-jerk reactions", that they actually became the Browns due to completely different type of negligence.

The goal for everyone in the NFL should be to get better now. Not years from now, but this year. By drafting a player with the most valuable pick who won't be able to play for years and preaching the long-term health of the organization, the GM obviously doesn't have the expectation to do that. Despite having a total of 2 years under his belt. If that doesn't indicate to you that there is complacency within the organization, especially after the past decade, then I'm not sure what will.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would add to that, that the value of a certain position, in this case QB, goes up even more when you have your eye on the not so distant future and a starting QB will be needed. Basically, need factors into value. For example, if Love is looking good and in the 2021 draft another QB that ranks exactly what Love ranked on the Packers board, falls to them at 26, I highly doubt they trade up to grab him.
Yes. Absolutely.
The “need” absolutely factors in. That’s what I meant by it was a “tertiary” need. It’s just my guess that QB wasn’t our primary need, but the other players rated similar at our “primary” needs had magically disappeared. They obviously didn’t see those eventual early day 2 WR or day 2 LBs as a great value at a #30 selection and as you said, the positions they were compelled to concentrate just didn’t give them near that value of choosing Love. They essentially redirected back to their research draft board if you will.

They likely had another thought of punting and trading back a few spots to pick up collateral and hitting a different hot zone in round 2 (or maybe that was just my fantasy strategy!) I would’ve absolutely loved to see us trade back to #33 and gain another 4th rounder. :whistling:

I am very curious though? I wish I could ask Gute directly but he probably wouldn’t divulge his methodology or thought process... who did we think was going to snatch Love before our original #30?
I’d buy someone Chick a Filet and promise not to tell just to know that last minute discussion.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am very curious though? I wish I could ask Gute directly but he probably wouldn’t divulge his methodology or thought process... who did we think was going to snatch Love before our original #30?

He may have heard rumblings, maybe was keeping his pulse on who was trying to trade up ahead of him, hell maybe someone contacted the Packers wanting to trade into the first round to get him. Whether Gute knew for a fact that a team was trying to get ahead of him or not, he felt strongly that trading up for Love was worth the late 4th round pick. I still think, at least according to the Draft Value Trade Charts, he got great value with the 30th and the 136th to move up to #26.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Again, you are comparing this team to the Browns. You are ignoring the fact that firing McCarthy, Capers, and Thompson earlier clearly would have been the correct move. That's the foresight required to be successful and increase the chances of winning a SB. You have to make moves too early, not too late. The 2014 NFCCG was a coaching failure of epic proportions , the 2012 SF playoff game was a defensive coaching failure of epic proportions, and the 2017 season proved that this playoff roster was a merely a mirage being elevated by a HOF QB. All of those guys showed that they were done. GB was so concerned about not being the Browns and making "knee-jerk reactions", that they actually became the Browns due to completely different type of negligence.

The goal for everyone in the NFL should be to get better now. Not years from now, but this year. By drafting a player with the most valuable pick who won't be able to play for years and preaching the long-term health of the organization, the GM obviously doesn't have the expectation to do that. Despite having a total of 2 years under his belt. If that doesn't indicate to you that there is complacency within the organization, especially after the past decade, then I'm not sure what will.

For the 3rd and final time, what you were suggesting (below) totally sounds like the strategy of the Cleveland Browns, i.e. Go for broke now and if it doesn't work, fire everyone. Not ONCE did I compare this current team to the Cleveland Browns in what they have done or what they are currently doing. How is a 13-3 record, as well as being in the NFCCG complacent?

Stop making sh*t up.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
There are a handful of different approaches that the Packers could have taken regarding the QB situation.

1. The one they took. Move up to take a guy you think is that good and work the rest of it out-- presumably because you don't expect to be in a position to draft this kind of QB prospect any time soon.

2. Wait at least one more year to start taking shots so as to better fit the rookie deal to Rodgers' gtd money running out. This was the camp I was in before the draft.

3. Just ignore the position until Rodgers retires and figure it all out later.

I obviously completely understand the reasoning behind #2, as it was what I preferred. However, as Pokerbrat has pointed out, you can't choose when a QB prospect that you really like makes it to you in the draft.

The Packers FO probably assumes (and probably correctly) that Rodgers is going to keep the team picking at least in the back half of round one over the next couple seasons. Good QB prospects very rarely make it down into the 2nd half of the round.

Someone might say "ok, well doesn't that mean that Love isn't all that great then, since he made it that far?" and I would say maybe, but clearly the evaluators working for the Packers didn't think so, and their take was the one that mattered. For myself, whatever my opinion is worth, I think Love is a better QB prospect than a lot of guys that have gone top 16 in recent years (e.g. Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins).

As for approach #3, I think that idea expects professionals to look at the team like a fan. We might say "let Rodgers retire, be terrible for a year, pick in the top 5, and boom-- you've got your new guy." But the people running the Packers are trying to keep the team competitive, and they're trying to keep their jobs. It's unlikely they would survive a total tear down, and again, that approach would require the right guy to be there for them in that year that they were bad. What if you're terrible for the draft year that Blake Bortles or E.J. Manuel is the top QB prospect?

I think the bottom line is that Gutekunst saw what he believed is a succession plan to secure the future of the organization, and he decided to take it despite the timing not being very good, because the pay off would be worth it.

Reaction score
There are a handful of different approaches that the Packers could have taken regarding the QB situation.

1. The one they took. Move up to take a guy you think is that good and work the rest of it out-- presumably because you don't expect to be in a position to draft this kind of QB prospect any time soon.

2. Wait at least one more year to start taking shots so as to better fit the rookie deal to Rodgers' gtd money running out. This was the camp I was in before the draft.

3. Just ignore the position until Rodgers retires and figure it all out later.

I obviously completely understand the reasoning behind #2, as it was what I preferred. However, as Pokerbrat has pointed out, you can't choose when a QB prospect that you really like makes it to you in the draft.

The Packers FO probably assumes (and probably correctly) that Rodgers is going to keep the team picking at least in the back half of round one over the next couple seasons. Good QB prospects very rarely make it down into the 2nd half of the round.

Someone might say "ok, well doesn't that mean that Love isn't all that great then, since he made it that far?" and I would say maybe, but clearly the evaluators working for the Packers didn't think so, and their take was the one that mattered. For myself, whatever my opinion is worth, I think Love is a better QB prospect than a lot of guys that have gone top 16 in recent years (e.g. Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins).

As for approach #3, I think that idea expects professionals to look at the team like a fan. We might say "let Rodgers retire, be terrible for a year, pick in the top 5, and boom-- you've got your new guy." But the people running the Packers are trying to keep the team competitive, and they're trying to keep their jobs. It's unlikely they would survive a total tear down, and again, that approach would require the right guy to be there for them in that year that they were bad. What if you're terrible for the draft year that Blake Bortles or E.J. Manuel is the top QB prospect?

I think the bottom line is that Gutekunst saw what he believed is a succession plan to secure the future of the organization, and he decided to take it despite the timing not being very good, because the pay off would be worth it.
I like he has the guts and didn't miss what may be one of the most defining picks in his career. It’s a gutsy “Ron Wolf” type move.
That’s a big time move for a GM and he leaned in and swung for the fence on that pitch. We have to wait and see where this ball will land but it looks like he got a good piece of it early off the bat.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Totally agree with your entire post and it basically sums up my feelings, so good job. I didn't pull this particular quote out because you sited me (thanks), but I do think its a very important part of the story. Love was a QB that Gute and Co. were obviously very high on, so they went for it.

As Packer fans, many of us think/hope Rodgers will be playing forever or at least another 5 years at a very high level for the Packers. However, we really have no clue and I am going to rely on Gute, MLF and everyone else that knows the stuff that we don't about that possibility and just how quickly they think that window is closing. Do we all know with 100% assurance that Rodgers clock is ticking faster in GB than we think it is? That being said, even if Gute and Co. have the same hope we have, at some point in the very near future, the Packers needed to try and find themselves a new future starting QB. So when does that begin? Next year at #32 pick, #28 pick? When you find yourself picking top 5? When you find yourself having 5 straight losing seasons and you get multiple stabs at it?

The was, at least in my book, a very moderate investment with potentially a very high upside, a franchise QB. If Love doesn't look the part in 3 years, then you go to Plan B and hope Rodgers still has a few more years in him. Look back on our late first round picks over the last 20 or so years, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but if this pick is a winner....big reward. Will giving up the chance to pick someone like Patrick Queen instead of Love cost us a Super Bowl? I doubt it, but we will never know.

Reaction score
Totally agree with your entire post and it basically sums up my feelings, so good job. I didn't pull this particular quote out because you sited me (thanks), but I do think its a very important part of the story. Love was a QB that Gute and Co. were obviously very high on, so they went for it.

As Packer fans, many of us think/hope Rodgers will be playing forever or at least another 5 years at a very high level for the Packers. However, we really have no clue and I am going to rely on Gute, MLF and everyone else that knows the stuff that we don't about that possibility and just how quickly they think that window is closing. Do we all know with 100% assurance that Rodgers clock is ticking faster in GB than we think it is? That being said, even if Gute and Co. have the same hope we have, at some point in the very near future, the Packers needed to try and find themselves a new future starting QB. So when does that begin? Next year at #32 pick, #28 pick? When you find yourself picking top 5? When you find yourself having 5 straight losing seasons and you get multiple stabs at it?

The was, at least in my book, a very moderate investment with potentially a very high upside, a franchise QB. If Love doesn't look the part in 3 years, then you go to Plan B and hope Rodgers still has a few more years in him. Look back on our late first round picks over the last 20 or so years, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but if this pick is a winner....big reward. Will giving up the chance to pick someone like Patrick Queen instead of Love cost us a Super Bowl? I doubt it, but we will never know.
At pick #26 or later GB has only had 3-4 difference makers since 2000 Nick Barnett, Clay Mathews, Nick Perry and Kenny Clark.

And Perry is debatable at best. I’d really call it 3 players.

Then we have to consider how long it took those 3 difference makers to peak. Only 1 came in guns a blazing in his Rookie season. ..Clay Mathews was an immediate difference maker his a Rookie season and the only arguable player that could change a game if he was playing lights out. Nick Barnett or Kenny were Rookie honorable mentions, but not enough to beat the 2019 49ers. Not even close.

Our chances at landing a difference maker at pick #26 in his rookie season are about 15% probability by my calculations. Maybe 30% if we take their full 4+ years career into consideration for production.

Those that argue that Love gives a 13-3 team no immediate benefit conveniently disregard the fact that GB had only 1 player in 20 seasons who they could argue was a game changer (using comparable draft selections).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

So... are you aware of what the going rate is for a quarterback?

You're talking about veteran quarterbacks while conveniently ignoring the going rate for first year starters in this league for some reason.

If the Packers traded Rodgers at the end of this season, they take the dead cap hit of $31.556 M and are done with his contract forever. The total cap hit if you keep him would be $36.352 M. So that money you spend next year is a sunk cost no matter what team #12 is playing for. Trading him gets you some draft picks and clears his contract off the books in 2022 and beyond. You would then have what you crave, a "starting QB on a rookie deal" for 2 years and a 5th year option.

With cap space being allowed to be rolled over into next season the Packers will have to spend at least $51 million of it for Rodgers while having Love on a rookie deal. There's no doubt that puts them at a disadvantage compared to other teams relying on a QB during his first four years in the league.

However, I think you are creating a straw man argument by saying "back in 2018 if trading him was Gutes intention all along......" I think its pretty obvious that the Packers had no intention of signing Rodgers and then changing their minds in less than 2 years on that. Things change though in 2 years time. You fire a head coach, maybe attitudes have changed, your new offense wants to depend less on the QB's arm, etc.

Gutekunst restructured Rodgers contract at the end of last season which resulted in even more dead money counting against the cap if the Packers decide to move on from Rodgers either after the 2021 or '22 season. What's your excuse for making that decision only months before drafting Love in the first round???

Gute still may have no intentions of trading Rodgers now, we could very well see 5+ more years of #12 in Green Bay.

In that case it was a stupid decision to select Love in the first round.

How much of other peoples money would you spend to keep your job? When you've made it to the top of your profession and have a blue chip player at a premium position you pay them.

True, but then you should surround him with enough talent to have a legit shot at a Super Bowl and not hire a head coach not tailoring the offense to the quarterback's strengths as well as draft his successor in the first round.

If Love doesn't look the part in 3 years, then you go to Plan B and hope Rodgers still has a few more years in him.

Once again, if that happens it would definitely prove that using the first rounder on a different position would have been way smarter.

Those that argue that Love gives a 13-3 team no immediate benefit conveniently disregard the fact that GB had only 1 player in 20 seasons who they could argue was a game changer (using comparable draft selections).

The Packers would have needed to draft a game changer at #26 or #30 to have a better change of winning the Super Bowl in 2020 than by drafting a backup quarterback though.

Members online

Latest posts