The Packers Are in First Place:here is what they will ...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers Are in First Place…

… here is what they will need to do against da bears to stay there.

The draft, the mini-camps, the OTA’s, training camp, exhibition games, all of which seemed so important to football starved fans not long ago, are all now just meaningless footnotes of the past.

Lambeau field is getting ready to rock and roll. It is a new season with a clean slate and it is da bears week in Packerland – the greatest and most storied rivalry in professional football. While no two teams have won more championships, which is only one of many factors that result in the stakes always being tweaked a little bit higher when these two teams square off, this Sunday is not about the past, nor is it about the future – this single game is ALL that matters on this given Sunday.

Are you ready for some football????

I thought so, and so too should be the Packers.

The Packers have by far the youngest team in the division, will start more rookies than any other team in the NFL, and have a young unproven coaching staff. Yet somehow the words of Bill (Tripper) Murray in “Meatballsâ€

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
AWESOME job Bruce!!!!!

I am READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The Packers Are in First Place:here is what they will ..

Nice piece of work Bruce.
I don't say that many words in a month let alone hunt and peck that many in one sitting.
All the Packers have to do is pin their ears back and go for the throat.
They need to play with blood in their eyes and beat da bears down for 4 full quarters.
Damn' I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way bear season opens on Sunday up here in Da U.P.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a super, super, post Bruce. Right on the money in that you stated very well that this is not about the Bears and what they do but about the Packers and what they need to do to win.

Brett Favre and Co. having no turnovers is huge. The Bears live and die by the turnover and have a very average record when they don't get them.

We could end up punting eight times in this game but with no TO's we win.

Go Pack.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yooperfan said:

Don't tell our great Mississippi bear slayer, we need him to do his bear hunting in Lambeau on Sunday -- as close to the UP as we want him on Sunday.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bruce said:
yooperfan said:

Don't tell our great Mississippi bear slayer, we need him to do his bear hunting in Lambeau on Sunday -- as close to the UP as we want him on Sunday.

He could put a whoopin on the Chicago Bears and in 2 hours be in the U.P. to slay a Michigan Black bear.
By the way Brett does quite a bit of hunting in the U.P.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yooperfan said:
Bruce said:
yooperfan said:

He could put a whoopin on the Chicago Bears and in 2 hours be in the U.P. to slay a Michigan Black bear.
By the way Brett does quite a bit of hunting in the U.P.

Yes he does. I have no problem with him attempting a twofor, just so he slays his first bear in Lambeau on Sunday. :wink:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a great post, Bruce. You've summed it up perfectly. I wish tomorrow's game was the early game. I hate having to wait till 4:15 (I'm on Eastern time).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Greg C. said:
What a great post, Bruce. You've summed it up perfectly. I wish tomorrow's game was the early game. I hate having to wait till 4:15 (I'm on Eastern time).

what! I hate the early game!

This way I get to relax, get a jump start on the boozin, and by the time the game kicksoff, im smashed!

nathanielgreenwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As an english man tunning into packerforum.com would you please enlighten me as to what U.P. means, and also why are the bears always refered to as da bears.... :) thanks in advance :)

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

nathanielgreenwood said:
As an english man tunning into packerforum.com would you please enlighten me as to what U.P. means, and also why are the bears always refered to as da bears.... :) thanks in advance :)

The U.P. is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Alot of English people immigrated to the Upper Peninsula to work in the iron mines. Alot of the people up here are of Cornish decent, hence the reason the Upper Peninsula is famous for Pasties.
My Grandfather came from the Isle of Man and I still have relatives in England.
Glad to have you aboard.
By the way when my cousin Alan and his wife came over here on vacation, one of their most important destinations was Lambeau Field to buy Packer paraphenalia.
As far as Da Bears, I got that off the TV, don't know where it originated.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score

nathanielgreenwood said:

It comes from working class Chicago fans whose speech/dialect shortens "the Bears" to "da bears."

Mike Ditka, a great player in his day and the only coach to get them to the Super Bowl (where the won) and about as much a Chicago guy as you will ever meet pronounces it "da bears"

Staff online

Latest posts