1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Packers are FINE...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackPackPackers, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Are me and triple P the only ones on here happy with the Packers win over SD?

Fine if we are. I really don't care what anyone else thinks or writes.
    Packers are 8-0.
    It's all good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PackPackPackers

PackPackPackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    Yeah...but you continue to MISS the point. The Packers FIND a win anyway no matter how bad they played. That is a sign of a championship team. They are tenacious.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Well i hope the team doesn't have the same mentality as you because if they think they have "no worries" they're not going to get any better and IMO won't be winning the Super Bowl with the same defense that showed up tonight.

• Like Like x 2
  4. PackPackPackers

Ratings:
    +39
    Are you serious right now? I would USE the same defense that we had today. WHY?

Simple, because we had 3 interceptions. I'll take that any day. Packers will continue to make turnovers, just watch. That is why they win.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Well, the majority of posts on here are complaining.
    I guess what I don't understand is why credit isn't given where it's due.
    Packers D held back the Chargers from a winning score. They made them kick the first punt.
    We have different outlooks/perspectives on the game. Mine is bright. I like to look at it positively no matter how the team played. I am just so psyched that the Pack is still undefeated and am going to enjoy that as long as I can.
    I agree that the D could have been better and does need improving. I have faith that the Packers coaching staff is aware of that and are doing all they can to fix that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    In Dom Capers I trust.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    It seems defense only "plays" when game is on the line. Rivers did nothing on last drive. But before that we were completely carved up. Last 2 min were heart-stopping for Packers fans -____-

8. PackPackPackers

Ratings:
    +39
    Heck yeah bro!

9. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +856
    You need to watch some of the other teams in the NFL play. Because there are several teams the Packers with this defense will not get by. They may go 16-0, but if the defense don't shape up they won't make it past their first playoff game. To put it simply, the Packers defense is not good enough at this point to get them back to the Super Bowl. And if you believe they are, you either have really dark glasses or blinders on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PackPackPackers

Ratings:
    +39
    That is not true. Phillip Rivers is a great QB and has a good offense. We just outplayed and OUT COACHED them.

11. PackPackPackers

Ratings:
    +39
    Alright then, I guess we'll see. Colts did it in 2006 because of a bad defense, but we have a much better defense. So no worries.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PackPackPackers

Ratings:
    +39
    That is understandable. Hopefully they will get things fixed!

13. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    A win is a win, yes. But we can't just live for today. At some point, if our D keeps playing like they did today, it's going to catch up with us and cost us a game or two. Right now, based on our offense alone, there is not another team in the league that can hold a candle to us. You can say the D saved the game with the pick late in the 4th (should of been a pick 6 but that's a whole other argument), but they were merely digging themselves out of a hole they created aside from the 14 points that they created on turnovers. I have the utmost faith in this entire team and I think even with our D playing like this, we still have hopes of going undefeated. I'd worry over the Giants game, Eli is on fire. I think we can handle the Lions but I don't think it will be easy.

Several hypothetical scenarios could of come into play for this game. It could be they (I'm referring to the D here, the O is beyond reproach) were rusty coming off the bye week. They could of underestimated the Chargers or they got overconfident. It could be the Chargers and Rivers are much better than their record would indicate and they have just been plagued by bad luck. One thing is for certain where Rivers is concerned. His high rate of INTs pretty much killed this game for the Chargers and our D had the grace to capitalize on them. I think he is a good QB, but if he wants to excel, he's going to have to stop doing that.

Here are some things to comfort ourselves where the D is concerned. They may not be playing to where we want them to be, where they should be, but we have to hang onto hope that they will and the sooner the better. The talent level is still very strong, Dom Capers's wisdom may yet save them. I think we have good reason to be concerned about our D, but I have strong faith it will right itself in the end.

• Like Like x 2
  14. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Man... after watching the giants own my patriots today... they seem like superbowl contenders (they were missing some star players as well). I believe the giants might be able to upset the packs if they meet in the playoffs...

15. PackPackPackers

Ratings:
    +39
    numbers don't lie...the Packers offense is on to a HISTORIC season...so the answer is that we can outscore ANYONE.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GBMuskies

GBMuskies Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    The Packers D was tired after being on the field too many possessions in a row early in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marem19

Marem19 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    So the packers D beat themselves cause they were scoring too many points. For some odd reason i could sorta buy that but they are pros conditioning

18. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    I don't know, but I can tell you right now that I am having loads of fun changing my signature every week! :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. GBMuskies

GBMuskies Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    A little tongue in cheek obviously, but they had to be a little gassed in the first half. They were out there a lot. That's the punishment for scoring two defensive TDs. And the offense took an extra possession to get in the flow because they were on the sidelines for so long. The two quick pick sixes made the time of possession numbers bizarre.

It was bizarro world out there.

20. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,389
    To be honest, this WAS one of the the 3 losses I thought the Packers would have this season.

21. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Anyone get hurt today?

I know when the Colts played in SD it seemed there was always a season ending injury or something and our pass rush would slow down dramatically on their field.

22. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,389
    Zombo.

23. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    He is hurt? Or got hurt? Didn't he just come back?

24. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,389
    He just came back and went out with a hammy.

25. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Well there you have it. The curse of the SD field. As long as he will be okay though eventually.