1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Packers are FINE...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackPackPackers, Nov 6, 2011.

1. MNPackAttack

MNPackAttack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    They will kill the vikes on monday. Soon ponder will realize what its like throwing with matthews in your face, and having williams and woodson smothering his recievers and he'll get rattled. peterson will rip off a couple good runs, but in the end our offense will completely outscore them. that being said, the defense still needs to put on a good performance or else we could be in danger coming up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Magnus Chhan

Magnus Chhan Mag 'n Cheese

Ratings:
    +8
    This is a team sport. As long as we score more points than we allow, I'm content with that. Could our defense be playing better? Of course. I'm sure they are working to fix their mistakes just like they have been for the last 14 games they've won.

I think people are getting so mad because they have their green and gold goggles on and expect every game to be 45-3 or something but you've got to remember that the other team gets paid too. Every one is going to want to beat the defending Super Bowl champions and give them their best shoot.

SD used a lot of late shifts and motions and bunch formations to get good receiver match ups like a a linebacker on Jackson. I'm sure Dom is doing something to counter that as we speak.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,133
    10th in opposing QB rating.
    31st in yards allowed
    17th in sacks
    #1 in interceptions
    30th in TDs allowed

I have serious concerns about those numbers as should any packer fan that has been around long enough to see what happens to teams with average or below avg defenses.

Last years team won the SB, not this years, but lets see how those numbers compare.
    1st in opposing QB rating
    5th in yards allowed
    2nd in sacks
    2nd in INTs
    4th in TDs allowed.

Dont be fooled by the trophy. This isnt the same team. This is proof that its so so so hard to repeat in the NFL.

4. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    As long as they get it sorted for the playoffs, thats all that matters.

5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Well, nobody except Vikings fans really care about 2nd place.
    SKOL
    Um.... I mean LOL