The One That Got Away

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How bout best FA signing not named White or Woodson??? Ill take Santana Dotson for 500 $ alex

Santana was a good one, Peppers may end up on that list with White and Woodson if he still has a few years left in the tank. :)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Didn't take the Packers long to kick him out to the curb. I remember him being boo'd in GB during the preseason, rough crowd! LOL

I bought my punk of a younger brother a "COUCH" Packer jersey from the stadium when I went there....lol He thought it was cool, but couldn`t find him on the rosta. I paid about $10

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I bought my punk of a younger brother a "COUCH" Packer jersey from the stadium when I went there....lol He thought it was cool, but couldn`t find him on the rosta. I paid about $10

Just checked E-Bay, not one Packer Couch jersey there!! That thing might be worth a buck or two LOL

Reminds me of when I found an almost mint Packer jersey at a second hand store, can't remember the name or number on it, but I luckily had my smart phone, quickly googled the name and found out the player was a Packer for maybe a game and in the NFL 2 years. Saved me $8 and a lot of explaining to people "who was that player?"

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just checked E-Bay, not one Packer Couch jersey there!! That thing might be worth a buck or two LOL

Reminds me of when I found an almost mint Packer jersey at a second hand store, can't remember the name or number on it, but I luckily had my smart phone, quickly googled the name and found out the player was a Packer for maybe a game and in the NFL 2 years. Saved me $8 and a lot of explaining to people "who was that player?"

Thanks Poker, that news really cheered me up :mad::laugh:.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Najeh Davenport should have started over Green...... As soon as he got his start (Green was hurt) he blew his ankle in like the 2nd quarter of the first game. maybe he was going to be great?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best thing about Davenport was his nickname, "The Dumptruck".
I was high on Davenport for a couple years, before he got his shot. He came in for Green and word was he was breaking big runs and killin it all week in practice. Had over a 5yd per carry average as a big 240 pounder... Blew that ankle real nasty too. Suprised he came back and made it another 4 or 5 years after GB let him go.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just starting to be an Auburn fan when we drafted this guy. Opening kick off as a rookie he runs it back but fumbles it on the 12 yard line. My vote is none other than Brent Fullwood.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I was a great deal younger, I thought Jerry Tagge was going to lead the Green and Gold what he did for Nebraska. For whatever reason, it never happened for him at the professional level, but he was great in college.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allen Barbre was a really explosive athlete with great feet and all that. I thought that converting a TE into a tackle was gonna mean a great pass blocker and he'd be there for years. He even had some good preseason games. Man oh man, was he a disappointment.

Beyond that, honestly, Bostick. Again, I thought they were gonna harness his athleticism and turn him into a real weapon.

Both guys had problems with their noggins though, and that meant that all of their athletic gifts were useless.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Allen Barbre was a really explosive athlete with great feet and all that. I thought that converting a TE into a tackle was gonna mean a great pass blocker and he'd be there for years. He even had some good preseason games. Man oh man, was he a disappointment.

Beyond that, honestly, Bostick. Again, I thought they were gonna harness his athleticism and turn him into a real weapon.

Both guys had problems with their noggins though, and that meant that all of their athletic gifts were useless.
Yep, I was in the Bostick camp too but he was a UDFA so it doesn't really count. I thought we really had something with Ross Verba but he didn't last long.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, though, Ross played four years for us, four for the Browns, and one for the Lions, 113 games in all.

H

HardRightEdge

I thought Najeh Davenport should have started over Green...... As soon as he got his start (Green was hurt) he blew his ankle in like the 2nd quarter of the first game. maybe he was going to be great?
Crapping in that girl's laundry basket aside, Davenport had a nice combination of quickness and power. Seeing him turn the corner and then knocking guys down, I thought he might be the real deal. He just couldn't stay healthy.

Steve0492

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me the Ahmad Carroll is the immediate name that comes to mind. As an young teenager 2004 I began to focus intently on the draft for the first. At that point, in my innocent mind every 1st round pick was a guaranteed stud.

When Roger Goodell announced Ahmad Carroll's name, I was certain our future at CB was solved for the next half decade or more with the athletic and lighting-quick Carroll locking down the field opposite the still prime of his career Al Harris.

Mr. Carroll was the first to teach me the crapshoot reality of the draft. I can still vividly recall Ed Hochuli (jacked as only Ed Hochuli can be back then as well) facing the crowd and announcing "illegal contact, #28 on the defense. A 5 yard penalty and an automatic...."

Blah! Enough of that. Let's hope Sean Richardson, the current DB donning #28, can outplay both Carroll and his new contract.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts