The One That Got Away

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair, though, Ross played four years for us, four for the Browns, and one for the Lions, 113 games in all.
Really? I had no idea he lasted that long. I thought he lasted only 3 or 4 years in the league.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
For me the Ahmad Carroll is the immediate name that comes to mind. As an young teenager 2004 I began to focus intently on the draft for the first. At that point, in my innocent mind every 1st round pick was a guaranteed stud.

When Roger Goodell announced Ahmad Carroll's name, I was certain our future at CB was solved for the next half decade or more with the athletic and lighting-quick Carroll locking down the field opposite the still prime of his career Al Harris.

Mr. Carroll was the first to teach me the crapshoot reality of the draft. I can still vividly recall Ed Hochuli (jacked as only Ed Hochuli can be back then as well) facing the crowd and announcing "illegal contact, #28 on the defense. A 5 yard penalty and an automatic...."

Blah! Enough of that. Let's hope Sean Richardson, the current DB donning #28, can outplay both Carroll and his new contract.
Ugh! Couldn't stand that pick. Hated it from the beginning just like when Wolf picked Buckley over Vincent.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think we actually got a compensatory pick for Lee when he signed a FA contract with Oakland.
I don't think so. After signing a 1-year deal with the Raiders for the 2012 season, he was waived in November and the Lions claimed him.

Latest posts