Cheesehead
Reaction score
of Will Blackmon...

JSOnline:

Notes: Rookie Blackmon gets back on field
He makes return from foot surgery
By BOB McGINN
Posted: Oct. 16, 2006

Green Bay - Rookie Will Blackmon isn't expected to start at cornerback Sunday for the Green Bay Packers but it wouldn't be surprising to see him assume a role on passing downs against the Miami Dolphins.

Almost five months after undergoing foot surgery, Blackmon replaced injured Charles Woodson at left cornerback with the No. 1 defense Monday.

It was a cheery development for the Packers' beleaguered secondary. Blackmon had to sit out the first five games, unable to put his foot through a rigorous test until last week.

However, Blackmon worked hard Thursday and came back Monday none the worse for wear and practiced full-bore once again.

"He needs to go through a full week of practice," coach Mike McCarthy said. "But he looked good today."

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) If you have never been there you cannot return.

2) It would have left a roster spot for another player if he was placed on the PUP.

3) A rusty rookie with no(I mean none) NFL game experience will be an easy target for the opponents offense.

4) The secondary can look worse.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i say throw blackmon in the fire against the dolphins for a couple series. lets see how he reacts. hes got talent and as a former receiver, shouldn't drop many interceptions (ala Harris, Woodson, Hawk). why not??

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WILL BLACKMON!!!!

His nickname is going to be 2nd Savior. Sweet Jesus I can't wait.

Prediction for Sunday - 4INT's 16 tackles(all solo) 2TDs

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score

2) It would have left a roster spot for another player if he was placed on the PUP.

3) A rusty rookie with no(I mean none) NFL game experience will be an easy target for the opponents offense.

1) Can't argue with that logic.

2) Would we really have needed a 5th TE?

3) I would rather Harrington throwing at a "rusty" rookie than the veterans that have not been earning their paychecks.

4) It can, and has -- remember Philadelphia!!! Wait, AC is gone!!!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good points, but #2. Blackmon was never put on the PUP list. They thought he'd only be out for a couple weeks at most, so he remained on the 53 man roster. His injury took a turn for the worse and that's why he's been out longer.

Still the main point is valid. This rookie hasn't played since minicamps and now is coming back from injury. The lack of experience and practice will show.

I think that everyone is just desperate for something positive from our secondary and that is why there is so much hope that he will make a difference. I hope he does well, but I know that he's likely to only contribute to special teams until he gains more experience. Once he has gained more experience, then we will know if he's going to make a difference at this level.

GO PACK GO!!!

Staff online

Latest posts