1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

The Jordy Nelson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Sep 23, 2011.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Welker in 4 games has 40 receptions (best in the league) for 616 yards (best in the league) and 5 tds (2nd best in the league). Hard to say he's not the best "white" wr in the league, if there is such category.

Nelson is playing really well right now. Safe to say he's the #2 wide receiver on our team, and one of if not the best #2 receiver in the league.

Can't think of one better right now to be honest. There are others putting better stats, but that's because of how many targets there are in this team and how well Rodgers distributes the ball.

Nelson has to compete with 2 quality receivers in Jones and Driver, a natural rookie in Cobb, a top 5 WR in Jennings and a top 5 TE in Finley.

He has 15 receptions, 292 yards with a great 19.5 average and 3 TDs. Not too shabby for someone in that condition.

All I can say is, TT does it again. And people booed him for not getting Desean Jackson. All that guy is is a speedy freak. He cannot run routes properly, he can't block, he doesn't go in the middle. Jordy is a much better player than Jackson.

2. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +172
    Could not agree more on Jackson, we don't need a deep threat 1 demensional WR with a low football IQ. Nelson is very good at all aspects of the game with very good WR height. He is the perfect complement player that raises the level of play of everyone around him, and on top of that he doesn't run his mouth or show boat like Jackson. Nelson was the correct pick that year, why is everyone wanting the speedy Jackson, who are we the Raiders? (Altough it would be nice to of had a return man a couple years before this year)

3. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    White Lightning Strikes!
    [​IMG]

The Future and Present Dream Team [​IMG]

4. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Randall Cobb is missing then. Cause he is a bright part of our future as well.

5. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    And DeSean Jackson is COMPLETELY overrated. I do think Jeremy Maclin is a good WR, even though he just had a costly fumble Sunday. Don't know why I am talking about this.

6. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    LMFAO DeSean Jackson is VERY OVERRATED.

I've seen him drop passes that should be caught, and when Vick forces the ball to him in double coverage, he always drops it!

Good deep threat, but not the guy you want to throw to every single down.

Just like Vick, Kolb and many other players on the Eagles, he's extremely overrated. You know, we don't hear a whole lot about Kolb anymore, I guess because he sucks and they finally see it in Arizona.