The Jordy Nelson Appreciation Thread

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy is definitely ahead of Jones at this point and I think more reliable.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson is a great, great asset to this Packers team. He can run like the wind, and he goes 110% 100% of the time. If I noticed anything about him that is negative, especially in the Super Bowl was that he drops some passes. However the positive spin to that negative is that he doesn't let it rattle him. He just goes back out there, makes a key grab, and the Packers score. I also give props to Aaron Rodgers for keeping the ball heading his direction after a few drops. Nothing picks one up more than someone else having faith in you. At least in my eyes.

nards01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Nelson worth picking up for my fantasy team as a 3rd receiver? He seems to be getting in the mix more each week. But, with Jennings, Driver et al, I'm hesitant. Whaddya think??

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'll say one thing.... he LOOKS like a Packers wide receiver from the Lombardi era. :)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I remember opening a box of Topps to get a Jordy Nelson rookie card and thought nothing of it...Then last season, I said to myself, damn you got a good one!

Many people give him hell for some drops in the Super Bowl, but he also had big receptions in that game, and while Rodgers could have easily started forcing the ball around after he dropped it, he didn't do that and it helped us big time.

I love Jordy Nelson, and I think this season he's going to be a bigger weapon.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be safe to say he is the best white receiver in football right now!
Ya know at first I was having similar thoughts like this.
Digging it that someone of my skin color was doing well in a place dominated by those of a darker skin color.
But then I decided to let that go when I thought of something Martin Luthar King Jr. once said.
To judge him by the content of his character not by the color of his skin.
So instead of looking at his skin tone, I just see an awesome receiver.
Who also had a great day with a big td reception blowing by the double coverage!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Packers gave Jordy some appreciation today. Now I am not expecting a great game out of him versus Atlanta, but I do think he is going to have a great career in GB.

Reaction score
Digging it that someone of my skin color was doing well in a place dominated by those of a darker skin color.
But then I decided to let that go when I thought of something Martin Luthar King Jr. once said.
Who also had a great day with a big td reception blowing by the double coverage!
I don't care if he is white or black or pink skin. I just care that they are on the green and gold!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

Your right. He is just one of the better receivers in the NFL. Who just happens to be a level headed, really nice farm boy from Kansas. So glad we were able to extend and reward him.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if he is white or black or pink skin. I just care that they are on the green and gold!
To be technically color correct, he is pink. Just like all black people are brown.
I dunno. I guess someone, sometime long ago just decided to see people as black and white. (Pun intended.)

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On pace for 1,176 yards, 12 tds, and 60 catches. I'd say that is more than acceptable for a 3rd WR on a fantasy team. Note the 60 catches. Right now he is averaging 19.5 yards per catch which is a really good number. He's turning in big play after big play this year. He has had 2 tds of 50 or more yards. That would put him on pace for 8 for the year which I believe is the record. That would be incredible (though I doubt he will get it).

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I was really hoping that the Pack would draft DeSean Jackson over him. But he has turned into a really good player and is very under appreciated.
I as well cursed out the TV when we didnt get Jackson that year.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dontcha know you can't just say "Jordy Nelson is a good white wide receiver"? You have to say something like "Jordy Nelson is deceptively fast. He's a hustle guy with a high football IQ."

Because, y'know, the code words make it LESS offensive. Who listens to Dan Patrick? They do a bit where they can tell if a basketball player is black or white just by reading their code word laden draft evaluations.

Members online

Latest posts