The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

JPPT1974

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he had a few years or so to watch Aaron Rodgers, like Rodgers watched Brett Favre, just hope Jordan Love can and will be the Packers QB for as long as Favre and Rodgers were.

Reaction score
Well. That tells you there is a difference in fan appreciation up until now between Favre and Rodgers. Favre brought a team that was all but dead for 25 years except for a few deep breaths to the pinnacle of pro football. He became the face of the franchise. There was only one losing season in all his time in Green Bay which happened to be in Thompson's inaugural. The anger was directed at TT for allowing the team to collapse in 2005. But Favre's success continued for 2 more seasons. And he departed from a team that was one play away from the SB. That is when the dam broke. Favre actually wanted to remain a Packer at the time of his departure. Rodgers did not. There is a difference between reacting to simply drafting a rookie QB in the first round and reacting to replacing your HOF QB 3 seasons later. I believe media plays a strong role in selling fan base opinion. They needed a story back in 2008 and they needed one now. But I will again point out that Lombardi selected in the first round at #25 of the 1967 draft a QB named Don Horn right after Starr was named League MVP and destined for the HOF. Neither Starr, nor Lombardi, nor any Packer player, nor the fan base, nor the media made a big deal of it. The drafting of Love has been treated by media as an insult to Rodgers instead of a GM addressing his future roster needs.
That’s the difference today. People in general have far less patience and players are less respectful overall. There are exceptions, but there’s a complete lack of faith in the process. The new age Media doesn’t help as they completely make stuff up to push their agenda. Even Aaron Rodgers knows this. The medias’ false stories just raise internal tension and it’s mostly unnecessary.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That may certainly have had an effect but he had been showing signs of sloppy mechanics for about 3 years. It seemed to me to get continuously worse as time went on but that may be because I was noticing it more often. I certainly am not qualified to be a QB coach at any level.
That may have coincided with the departure of Alex Van Pelt.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well. That tells you there is a difference in fan appreciation up until now between Favre and Rodgers. Favre brought a team that was all but dead for 25 years except for a few deep breaths to the pinnacle of pro football. He became the face of the franchise. There was only one losing season in all his time in Green Bay which happened to be in Thompson's inaugural. The anger was directed at TT for allowing the team to collapse in 2005. But Favre's success continued for 2 more seasons. And he departed from a team that was one play away from the SB. That is when the dam broke. Favre actually wanted to remain a Packer at the time of his departure. Rodgers did not. There is a difference between reacting to simply drafting a rookie QB in the first round and reacting to replacing your HOF QB 3 seasons later. I believe media plays a strong role in selling fan base opinion. They needed a story back in 2008 and they needed one now. But I will again point out that Lombardi selected in the first round at #25 of the 1967 draft a QB named Don Horn right after Starr was named League MVP and destined for the HOF. Neither Starr, nor Lombardi, nor any Packer player, nor the fan base, nor the media made a big deal of it. The drafting of Love has been treated by media as an insult to Rodgers instead of a GM addressing his future roster needs.

You're right, for some reason I can't remember any uproar on internet forums when Horn was drafted either :sneaky:

I'm arguing that "drafting for the present" with the 30th pick is the act of a desperate fool trying to save his job. I argue that you can find a better "now player" in the 3rd week of free agency that will provide more immediate help than you most likely will with the 30th pick.

For some reason you completely ignore that rookies picked late in the first round and even in the following rounds can definitely have an immediate impact. There are a ton of examples for it, I mentioned some of them with the Chiefs last year in one of my last posts on the topic.

I agree teams shouldn't rely on that happening though.

His long passing accuracy in 2020 was absolutely incredible. It wasn't anywhere close to that in 2021 and I'm still not sure why that is. The 21 offense was no way near as efficient as that incredible 20 offense.

While Rodgers' adjusted completion percentage dropped from 47.2% in 2020 to 41.1% in '21 his deep ball accuracy wasn't that much worse in 2021 as it was in '20 as you want to make us believe.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right, for some reason I can't remember any uproar on internet forums when Horn was drafted either :sneaky:

For some reason you completely ignore that rookies picked late in the first round and even in the following rounds can definitely have an immediate impact. There are a ton of examples for it, I mentioned some of them with the Chiefs last year in one of my last posts on the topic.

I agree teams shouldn't rely on that happening though.

While Rodgers' adjusted completion percentage dropped from 47.2% in 2020 to 41.1% in '21 his deep ball accuracy wasn't that much worse in 2021 as it was in '20 as you want to make us believe.
The actual to do at the time was that the NFL was still competing with the AFL for players. The bigger inferno developed not with our QB but with the 1966 draft in which Lombardi selected running backs Jim Grabowski and Donny Anderson who got big bucks at the time. At which point after the 1966 season Lombardi put the injured Hornung on the expansion list and he was taken. Jimmy Taylor played out his $30,000 option and went to New Orleans. Both players were around 30 years old and destined for the HOF. Bart Starr was a very late round pick. He competed for the job with several QBs and during the 1960 season Lombardi gave him the spot. Yet in 1971 after Lombardi was gone a rookie named Scott Hunter became our starting QB.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again. Tee Higgins in his rookie season was about Lazards best season. Those guys were like 300 yards apart across a 17 game season. You’re telling me that a slight upgrade from Lazard is going to make a significant difference. I doubt that in 2020. But very slightly possible ok.
I doubt it even more in 2021 where we were in Brutal weather and it significantly damaged the passing game. When is the last time 2 playoff teams had a total of 104 plays on Offense combined? Or when is the last time a playoff team has a punt blocked for 7 points at home? How about factor those 2 together.

I already said Tee is more impactful than a QB2. That’s a no brainer for back then. That was then, this is now, it’s Jordan Love time.

So you're saying that having two Allen Lazards and a Davante Adams would NOT have been a better option than one Lazard, one Adams, and a guy keeping the bench warm?

You keep trying to change the point. My point is NOT that Higgins would have been elite his rookie season. Just that he would have helped MORE than zero, which is what the Packers got from Love. Why is this point so contentious?

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You keep trying to change the point. My point is NOT that Higgins would have been elite his rookie season. Just that he would have helped MORE than zero, which is what the Packers got from Love. Why is this point so contentious?
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What if T. Higgins caught a 1st down pass and the Pack didn't have to punt out of their own endzone?
What if T. Higgins got hurt? What if T. Higgins misses a block that Lazard made in game #2 and Rodgers is hurt and out for the season? What if......

If the Packers were 1 drafted player, 1 FA signed, 1 play, 1 missed block, 1 fumble, 1 interception, 1 missed tackle....... away from making the SB and you want to pin that solely on the drafting of Love, you need to broaden your viewpoint.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So you're saying that having two Allen Lazards and a Davante Adams would NOT have been a better option than one Lazard, one Adams, and a guy keeping the bench warm?

I’ve said time and time and time again. The only thing I see clearly is many of the Anti-Love draft people see only Red. I’m convinced you don’t want to read my posts..
you guys just like to complain.

It’s no use debating with someone who wants a pound of flesh

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your only measurement of success is Super Bowls, I might somewhat agree with you. However, winning just one SB, is more than a lot of teams and players have done in the same time frame.
The Patriots won 6 SB's with Tom Brady. Sheesh, is it too much to ask for 1 more with a QB as good as Rodgers. Not to mention Mahomes already has two.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something I noticed, Rodgers, a first ballot HOFer, used to throw with his feet off the ground. The last few years as his deep throws got less easy, he began keeping 1 or 2 feet on the ground. Rodgers, a first ballot HOFer, needed the push off to generate the necessary power to make some of those throws. The change in mechanics maybe affected his accuracy and I think Rodgers, a first ballot HOFer, shied away from a lot of the throws he normally attempted.
I am really confused now. I thought people were looking forward to Love running the MLF offense opposed to Rodgers the petulant child and bad leader trying to play hero and throw the deep ball. What gives?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm arguing that "drafting for the present" with the 30th pick is the act of a desperate fool trying to save his job. I argue that you can find a better "now player" in the 3rd week of free agency that will provide more immediate help than you most likely will with the 30th pick.
I respectfully completely disagree with your argument. IMO there is a good chance that drafting Love was the act of a GM trying to make "his" mark on the team as his predecessor did.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve said time and time and time again. The only thing I see clearly is many of the Anti-Love draft people see only Red. I’m convinced you don’t want to read my posts..
you guys just like to complain.

It’s no use debating with someone who wants a pound of flesh
Have you ever considered some of us feel the same way about some of you? On our side we have admitted the jury is still out on Love and the pick may turn out to be a great one. That hasn't stopped us from saying we did not and still do not like the pick. In reply we get opinions that Rodgers was regressing, he wanted out, he was a terrible leader, you have to draft for the future, I don't care who you drafted our STs sucked, rookies don't help, it motivated Rodgers, again all opinions over and over again. You expect us to have an open mind to these ideas without a hint of reciprocation. FTR I can see some of the points, to different degrees, but none of them come close to getting me to change my mind.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really confused now. I thought people were looking forward to Love running the MLF offense opposed to Rodgers the petulant child and bad leader trying to play hero and throw the deep ball. What gives?
Well, how do you explain Rodgers, a 1st ballot HOFer, passing up throws to open receivers?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots won 6 SB's with Tom Brady. Sheesh, is it too much to ask for 1 more with a QB as good as Rodgers. Not to mention Mahomes already has two.
We should consider ourselves lucky that Rodgers even won 1 Super Bowl. If it weren't for BJ Raji, Rodgers might not have even beat Caleb Hanie.

Reaction score
Have you ever considered some of us feel the same way about some of you? On our side we have admitted the jury is still out on Love and the pick may turn out to be a great one. That hasn't stopped us from saying we did not and still do not like the pick. In reply we get opinions that Rodgers was regressing, he wanted out, he was a terrible leader, you have to draft for the future, I don't care who you drafted our STs sucked, rookies don't help, it motivated Rodgers, again all opinions over and over again. You expect us to have an open mind to these ideas without a hint of reciprocation. FTR I can see some of the points, to different degrees, but none of them come close to getting me to change my mind.

I don’t care what the topic is or who’s side is who’s side. You’re categorizing all Packer fans as diabolically opposing sides as if you’re trying to start a war in here. I’m sorry just not the truth and fans in here take a broad spectrum of opinions and levels of belief in their opinions.

Quit demonizing all Packer fans (absent your own little click of agrees) in an unprovoked manner. It’s tiring listening to all the whining you project about stuff that never happened, could’ve should’ve would’ve. IT DID NOT HAPPEN!

It reminds me of when I was like a kid and my Dad told me to stop playing the Martyr role because I was complaining and acting like I was so abused. I can see exactly what Dad meant now. I had to look the word up because I had no idea what he was telling me, but I do know and I see it going on in here a lot. The Jordan Love pick was not your own personal demise. Quit the attempts at creating or prolonging your own personal misery company. Be thankful for what God has done and lay divisive down.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t care what the topic is or who’s side is who’s side. You’re categorizing all Packer fans as diabolically opposing sides as if you’re trying to start a war in here. I’m sorry just not the truth and fans in here take a broad spectrum of opinions and levels of belief in their opinions.

Quit demonizing all Packer fans (absent your own little click of agrees) in an unprovoked manner. It’s tiring listening to all the whining you project about stuff that never happened. It reminds me of when I was like a kid and my Dad told me to stop playing the Martyr role because I was complaining and acting like I was so abused. I can see exactly what Dad meant now.

It’s not take Schultz’ side or everyone else’s side. Quit playing the Martyr role already. Nobody agrees in anything in life. My wife doesn’t even agree with me 51% of the time. Quit trying to act like everyone needs to agree with you.
Hello it’s not going to happen… Deal with it
Some posters love to group people into the anti-Love pick group. Multiple times. Don't try and be high and mighty and deny that.

Reaction score
Some posters love to group people into the anti-Love pick group. Multiple times. Don't try and be high and mighty and deny that.
I don’t care about “some people”. Look around there’s ****** on every street corner.
Nothing I’ve said is high and mighty you just don’t like the truth because it makes you feel inferior. I’ve learned you’re like an old lady when it comes to being divisive. Misery loves company but I’m not taking the bait. I’ll just call it as I see it.
I’ve got real, quality and meaningful problems. I don’t need to manufacture them like you do every other post.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should consider ourselves lucky that Rodgers even won 1 Super Bowl. If it weren't for BJ Raji, Rodgers might not have even beat Caleb Hanie.
Yes, indeed. And give Sam Shields a little credit at the end of that one.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's truly mind-boggling that there are so many posters coming up with obscure excuses as to why any other prospect selected wouldn't have made a more positive impact than Love over the first three seasons in the league despite it being all but guaranteed that it would have happened.

If the Packers were 1 drafted player, 1 FA signed, 1 play, 1 missed block, 1 fumble, 1 interception, 1 missed tackle....... away from making the SB and you want to pin that solely on the drafting of Love, you need to broaden your viewpoint.

The Packers lost two playoff games by only a score. Another prospect who would have made only one play could have made a difference. Instead the Packers' first round pick wasn't even on the field for any of those games.

Well, how do you explain Rodgers, a 1st ballot HOFer, passing up throws to open receivers?

Every quarterback in the league misses open receivers. I'm quite sure Rodgers has done it less than most others though.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't. Now back to my question. It would help if you didn't answer a question with a question. IMO.
I get it. Ignore any negative evidence.

Fading arm strength. Resulted in a change of throwing motion. Perhaps reason for loss of accuracy. Refusal to throw to open receivers in middle of the field maybe because of accuracy issues.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get it. Ignore any negative evidence.

Fading arm strength. Resulted in a change of throwing motion. Perhaps reason for loss of accuracy. Refusal to throw to open receivers in middle of the field maybe because of accuracy issues.
The thing is, I've heard that multiple times over the years. Maybe this time it is correct. But like the last 2 or 3 times people claimed Rodgers wasn't capable of throwing to the middle, he showed that he clearly could and did so when he had guys on the field that knew what they were doing. Like always, the middle of the field is a dangerous place when timing isn't right, when guys go a yard too deep or shallow, when they stop their routes early or continue thru zones when they should sit down.

The occasional missed receiver is not as detrimental as a turnover and when guys aren't doing what they should be regularly, those happen regularly throwing to the middle.

Members online