The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a flat out lie. The Eagles rushed 5 at him at the 9:08 mark on the TD pass to Watson. Go watch the play yourself and eat crow. BTW, since you're obviously trying to criticize Love as much as possible here, what does it matter if he mostly threw to his first read if the first read was open? It's only a problem when your first read is NOT open, like Rodgers did on his last play as a Packer.

Adams was the first read like seventy percent of the play calls…Rodgers was never wrong to many for always throwing to him…

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams was the first read like seventy percent of the play calls…Rodgers was never wrong to many for always throwing to him…
Yeah, that's kind of where I take issue. I mean there's some merit to both sides of the argument, but if we are going to say things like
"There's no doubt Rodgers targeted Adams when other receivers would have been a better option. It's not surprising Davante was his first read on most of the plays considering he was by far the most talented pass catcher on the team for a long time" then I don't think we can have it both ways and turn around and criticize Love for defaulting to his first read, too.

Rodgers probably locked in on one player too often at times and that's okay. Love might've locked in on the "easy" throw when he could have perhaps waited for a better option, and that's okay too.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That's a flat out lie. The Eagles rushed 5 at him at the 9:08 mark on the TD pass to Watson. Go watch the play yourself and eat crow. BTW, since you're obviously trying to criticize Love as much as possible here, what does it matter if he mostly threw to his first read if the first read was open? It's only a problem when your first read is NOT open, like Rodgers did on his last play as a Packer.
I think the point is that we’ve still yet to see enough data to know for sure what type of player he will be. That’s not being negative. That’s just being realistic.

And it’s not to say he won’t be a great player. But there’s a long way to go before we have any sort of clue what he’s going to be.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
There’s nothing wrong with first reads. I don’t think captain is holding that against him. But what we all need to see is how Love responds to exotic blitz packages. Or complex coverages where he is forced to go through all of his progressions. Can he get to his 2, 3, 4 consistently? Can he pick up on what defenses are doing?

Again. No negativity at all. Just legitimate things I’m anxious to see.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There’s nothing wrong with first reads. I don’t think captain is holding that against him. But what we all need to see is how Love responds to exotic blitz packages. Or complex coverages where he is forced to go through all of his progressions. Can he get to his 2, 3, 4 consistently? Can he pick up on what defenses are doing?

Again. No negativity at all. Just legitimate things I’m anxious to see.
Trust me Captain sees QB play through Rodgers glasses and Love is gonna have to be insanely special before he acknowledges it.

Reaction score
It's entirely possible that he will learn on how to properly read defenses, beating the blitz. But there's some reason for concern that might be an issue moving forward as well
That fair. That said we’re talking about 1 game where he was blitzed on continuous level from 6-8 players. That’s very unusual and once he learns to make adjustments and burns our opponent a few times for rushing 7 like KC did? That type pressure will stop real fast.

I’m not concerned. That’s how you learn Captain. He had thrown 7 regular passes going into that game. He was a total green pea. I was amazed he got some throws off under that duress he was
19/34 56% 5.6avg
190 yards 1TD 1INT 69.5 rating

Patrick Mahomes was
20/37 54% 4.5avg.
166 yards 1TD 74.8 rating

Is Patrick Mahomes bad? We should be as equally concerned or more shouldn’t we? Patrick had 2,000 career attempts to Jordan’s 7!

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the point is that we’ve still yet to see enough data to know for sure what type of player he will be. That’s not being negative. That’s just being realistic.

And it’s not to say he won’t be a great player. But there’s a long way to go before we have any sort of clue what he’s going to be.
I understand that, but the post I was responding to specifically stated that "the Eagles didn't blitz him once," in an attempt to downplay his performance. It took me no time to find that play and that was just in a highlight video of his completions in that quarter. I'm sure there were more.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That fair. That said we’re talking about 1 game where he was blitzed on continuous level from 6-8 players. That’s very unusual and once he learns to make adjustments and burns our opponent a few times for rushing 7 like KC did? That type pressure will stop real fast.

I’m not concerned. That’s how you learn Captain. He had thrown 7 regular passes going into that game. He was a total green pea.

Yeah, but that's even more cause for concern. You're telling me a first round QB couldn't win the starting job over a 38+ year old QB in his first 3 years? He must be garbage! ;):cool::whistling:

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fans here are already crowning themselves already. It’s more entertaining and sad than anything lmao!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fans here are already crowning themselves already. It’s more entertaining and sad than anything lmao!

They have been making good decisions and moves so far - one cannot deny that. Whether it turns into anything is yet to be seen.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
They have been making good decisions and moves so far - one cannot deny that. Whether it turns into anything is yet to be seen.
If I’m being completely objective, they will have a great shot at winning the division while we are in a transition year especially if they can cash on their draft capital.

Reaction score
I’m just more excited to see what Jordan can do. What we had going on seemed stale and while I realize it wasn’t all Aaron’s fault, I believe some of it was. Aaron’s attitude caused uneasiness throughout the ranks and his big money put major stress on us our roster, leaving us unable to get an upgrade at a position or three.

Right now my gut is telling me a 5-7 Win season. I think our Defense will rebound slightly. I don’t think the Offense will regress much. We should conceivably have a bigger percentage of run plays. We really should’ve similarly done so last season and I don’t believe we’ll make that same mistake twice.

I have our Defense improving very slightly into that #12-#18 ranking points/gm.
The Offense regressing slightly in the
#16-#22 ranking in points/gm

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But what we all need to see is how Love responds to exotic blitz packages. Or complex coverages where he is forced to go through all of his progressions. Can he get to his 2, 3, 4 consistently? Can he pick up on what defenses are doing?
Can he win a game?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right it is ignorance exhibited to declare he can or cannot do things yet. Shoot won’t really have an idea until he gets a season under him IMO - and good signs could happen and still be a losing team in year one.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's a flat out lie. The Eagles rushed 5 at him at the 9:08 mark on the TD pass to Watson. Go watch the play yourself and eat crow. BTW, since you're obviously trying to downplay Love as much as possible here, what does it matter if he mostly threw to his first read if the first read was open? It's only a problem when your first read is NOT open, like Rodgers did on his last play as a Packer.

PFF actually agrees with me that Love wasn't blitzed even once against the Eagles.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Actually if Love's first read is open I definitely want him to throw it to him. But you have to realize that won't happen a ton in the NFL. Therefore he will have to be successful going through his progressions to excel at the pro level.

As a side note, on the interception against the Lions Rodgers wasn't supposed to go through his progressions. The play was called for him to throw it deep to Watson no matter what. For the record, I didn't like the call.

Yeah, that's kind of where I take issue. I mean there's some merit to both sides of the argument, but if we are going to say things like
"There's no doubt Rodgers targeted Adams when other receivers would have been a better option. It's not surprising Davante was his first read on most of the plays considering he was by far the most talented pass catcher on the team for a long time" then I don't think we can have it both ways and turn around and criticize Love for defaulting to his first read, too.

As @PackAttack12 correctly pointed out, I'm not criticizing Love for throwing to his first read at all. You need to be aware that guy won't be open a lot against NFL defenses though.

Trust me Captain sees QB play through Rodgers glasses and Love is gonna have to be insanely special before he acknowledges it.

I would truly appreciate if you let me speak for myself.

I’m not concerned. That’s how you learn Captain. He had thrown 7 regular passes going into that game. He was a total green pea. I was amazed he got some throws off under that duress he was
19/34 56% 5.6avg
190 yards 1TD 1INT 69.5 rating

Patrick Mahomes was
20/37 54% 4.5avg.
166 yards 1TD 74.8 rating

Is Patrick Mahomes bad? We should be as equally concerned or more shouldn’t we? Patrick had 2,000 career attempts to Jordan’s 7!

Mahomes has proven to be an elite quarterback who struggled for a game vs. the Packers. We have no idea how Love will develop at this point.

We should conceivably have a bigger percentage of run plays. We really should’ve similarly done so last season and I don’t believe we’ll make that same mistake twice.

Once again, I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense advocating to continue doing something that didn't work in a lot of games.

Let’s give Love a fair review before the piling on of talent and worth begins, so far his record as a starter is 0-0

Actually Love is 0-1 as a starter in his career.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFF actually agrees with me that Love wasn't blitzed even once against the Eagles.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Actually if Love's first read is open I definitely want him to throw it to him. But you have to realize that won't happen a ton in the NFL. Therefore he will have to be successful going through his progressions to excel at the pro level.

As a side note, on the interception against the Lions Rodgers wasn't supposed to go through his progressions. The play was called for him to throw it deep to Watson no matter what. For the record, I didn't like the call.

As @PackAttack12 correctly pointed out, I'm not criticizing Love for throwing to his first read at all. You need to be aware that guy won't be open a lot against NFL defenses though.

I would truly appreciate if you let me speak for myself.

Mahomes has proven to be an elite quarterback who struggled for a game vs. the Packers. We have no idea how Love will develop at this point.

Once again, I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense advocating to continue doing something that didn't work in a lot of games.

Actually Love is 0-1 as a starter in his career.

I do and I summarized how you talk about Love nicely lol

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just re-watched that Eagle game. On the pass for a TD to Watson; 5 players were coming, but not really full bore. On a side note, the pass he made to Jones which was dropped would have been a big play. Love did show good arm strength and accuracy. Because the D was not up to the task; Love did not really have too much of a chance to come back. Except that pass to Jones would have kept a drive going.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The video doesn't lie.

As a side note, on the interception against the Lions Rodgers wasn't supposed to go through his progressions. The play was called for him to throw it deep to Watson no matter what.

Do you have a source for this other than your own imagination? Does anyone else actually believe this? That he was required to throw at Watson no matter what the coverage was or who else was open?

Last edited:
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just re-watched that Eagle game. On the pass for a TD to Watson; 5 players were coming, but not really full bore. On a side note, the pass he made to Jones which was dropped would have been a big play. Love did show good arm strength and accuracy. Because the D was not up to the task; Love did not really have too much of a chance to come back. Except that pass to Jones would have kept a drive going.

That throw to Jones was the most impressive one to me

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hang on so Rodgers was supposed to throw the ball to Watson even if they dropped eleven into coverage against him??? I’m sorry but that is just lunacy. No play call is this and nothing else concept.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thing that gets lost for me is the accuracy on most of those. Prior to that game I felt his accuracy could be better.. even tho he didn't have a ton of pressure he had good accuracy.

plus he looked very comfortable out there.

I am more optimistic now for him then I was in 2021

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing that gets lost for me is the accuracy on most of those. Prior to that game I felt his accuracy could be better.. even tho didn't have a ton of pressure he had good accuracy.

plus he looked very comfortable out there.

I am more optimistic now for him then I was in 2021

The other impressive thing is that in extremely limited play time, he distributed the ball to 6 different receivers. They weren't all caught, but he found them.