The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Passing the torch: Aaron Rodgers praises Jordan Love’s ‘bright future’ amidst trade rumors​

we always hear how Aaron is “honest” so what say you?

Aaron is wrong?

He is trying to be nice and not honest?

Do you believe him?

lastly. Why is he saying this?
If he said it was Thursday, I`d check the calendar. Like he is always a Packer in his heart........********.

Reaction score
I can't find it at the moment but I also seem to remember an Eagles player(s) (maybe it was also Slay) basically refuting the idea that the Eagles were playing totally vanilla prevent coverage once Love came in but like I said I'd have to dig that up.
That game was too close to be playing vanilla. Defenses don’t go vanilla with most of the 4th quarter to play up 14. They do try to keep the play in front of them but that obviously didn’t work too good against a hurry up Offense.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Passing the torch: Aaron Rodgers praises Jordan Love’s ‘bright future’ amidst trade rumors​

we always hear how Aaron is “honest” so what say you?

Aaron is wrong?

He is trying to be nice and not honest?

Do you believe him?

lastly. Why is he saying this?
Honesty is the last thing we should expect from a press conference.

He's just being polite. He loses nothing by saying this. Even if he honestly thinks otherwise, not the right time to mar his legacy with a pointless controversy.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anything Rodger’s is setting Loves’ expectations so high…
he’s sure to fail!

LOL as if they need raised more.

He’s following two first ballot hall of famers that the story of NFL not just their teams cannot be told without bringing up - and one that also is argued as one of the most skilled passers ever.

This fan base will not be pleased regardless of what he becomes unless he is like God incarnate in the field.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited to get the Love era started. I would think the odds are against getting a third consecutive Hall of Fame quarterback, but I think Love is going to end up being a very good one and in my opinion certainly a top 10 in the league quarterback. Surround him with enough of the right players and he'll be more than good enough to win with.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm excited to get the Love era started. I would think the odds are against getting a third consecutive Hall of Fame quarterback, but I think Love is going to end up being a very good one and in my opinion certainly a top 10 in the league quarterback. Surround him with enough of the right players and he'll be more than good enough to win with.

If the defense becomes really good then Love just needs to be an above average to good QB to win a Super Bowl. Hope this kicks the defense into high gear as we dont have Rodgers to bail us out if the defense ***** the bed.

Reaction score
If the defense becomes really good then Love just needs to be an above average to good QB to win a Super Bowl. Hope this kicks the defense into high gear as we dont have Rodgers to bail us out if the defense ***** the bed.
Yep.
I feel like this system doesn’t need a HOF QB to run the Offense efficiently. Imo does need great blocking and as you said a good running attack. In limited time against the chiefs Jordan led a multitude of drives with a good mix of Dillon and Jones. Add a dominant TE in there and maybe a little more speed from the Slott (Elijah Moore etc.) and maybe 1 more upgrade at OL and we can be formidable.

The rest is up to the Defense. This group is individually talented beyond its sum of parts that we’ve been seeing. Even Savage plays decent when made to be proactive instead of reactive. We need 1 more upper echelon pass rusher by #45 overall imo.
My first Five would ideally be:

Edge Myles Murphy Clemson
TE Darnell Washington, Georgia
DL Mazi Smith, Michigan
S Jordan Battle, Alabama
WR Jonathan Mingo, Ole Miss

Then reinforce OL, WR, CB, TE, ST

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The GM doesn't actually play the games. The GM is responsible for putting a team on the field that is capable of competing at a high level, and without question he has done that. Ups and downs are expected and pretty much unavoidable. It's his job to rebuild and to do so within a couple years when a downturn occurs, which can be due to injuries, retirements, cap problems, or a million other things. If the team's record continues to decline for multiple seasons, then yeah, he has to go. But losing a couple of NFCC games is not a reason to fire the GM.
I didn’t say anything about a GM being fired, you pointed out that GB had a record 13 game 3 season, yes that is is a very good achievement for the players, and credit to the GM for getting the players to do this, but I stated those records and achievements fell short for 3 straight seasons, 2 loses by the same team, and zero SB appearances, or SB wins, GB last SB win came from a wild card team who was not even picked to win it all, your right that GM’s don’t win the game players do, but being the top guy that’s where blame begins.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
As the Brits say: The King is dead. Long live the King.

The transition from Rodgers to Love? Let's get on with it.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn’t say anything about a GM being fired, you pointed out that GB had a record 13 game 3 season, yes that is is a very good achievement for the players, and credit to the GM for getting the players to do this, but I stated those records and achievements fell short for 3 straight seasons, 2 loses by the same team, and zero SB appearances, or SB wins, GB last SB win came from a wild card team who was not even picked to win it all, your right that GM’s don’t win the game players do, but being the top guy that’s where blame begins.

The GM doesn't have anything to do with how the pieces are used. He merely acquires the pieces. The team he put together was perfectly capable of winning a Super Bowl any of those three seasons. But just because they didn't doesn't mean that the team he put together wasn't capable of doing so. The GM doesn't deserve blame for a bad game on any particular Sunday any more than he deserves credit for the team playing above expectations on another Sunday.

Reaction score
Who thinks Love will be a running threat?
I do. But not in the way many think of a threat. I’d say more in the mold of silently punishing teams that discount him. Similar to Rodgers style. Recall how once young Rodgers garnered respect for his arm talent, he would create room underneath to scramble for nice gains. The 2 QB’s are near identical in long speed coming out of college, but Jordan is slightly more explosive in short yardage or moving laterally

BTW, Aaron Rodgers is in BOTH the top 10 Passing and top 10 Rushing QB’s in NFL history. #12 is currently the ONLY QB in NFL history to be in the top of both categories
-#9 All Time Rushing 3,466 yards
[Should pass Steve McNair (3,590) and maybe a chance to pass Fran Tarkenton (3,674) before retirement]
-#9 All Time Passing 59,055 yards
[he’ll pass Dan Marino (61,361) and an outside shot at passing Phillip Rivers (63,440) in 2023]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Let's be realistic, Love is going to be leading a team with a poor defense and a lot is going to be on his shoulders to win games.

The defense definitely has enough talent to be much better than poor.

Within the context of his playoff performance, that would be an accurate statement. I've had no problem with his regular season play (until 2022.) But in the playoffs, he has been no better than mediocre for a long time, especially in the 4th quarter. He's not mentally tough. He panics when he plays from behind.

I suggest you better take a look at Rodgers' numbers in the playoffs and compare it to other quarterbacks around the league. There's absolutely no truth to him having been only mediocre for a long time in the postseason.

The GM doesn't actually play the games. The GM is responsible for putting a team on the field that is capable of competing at a high level, and without question he has done that. Ups and downs are expected and pretty much unavoidable. It's his job to rebuild and to do so within a couple years when a downturn occurs, which can be due to injuries, retirements, cap problems, or a million other things. If the team's record continues to decline for multiple seasons, then yeah, he has to go. But losing a couple of NFCC games is not a reason to fire the GM.

Ok, I get it. The general manager isn't to blame for the team coming short in the playoffs but the quarterback is the only one to blame :rolleyes:

Yea he did look bad at KC.
Question though.
How many live pass attempts in Preseason AND regular season did Jordan Love have when he took his first snap @ KC?

Answer:
42 total.
35 combined attempts over 2 Preseason games that year;
7 pass attempts against Saints in regular season.

If you’re using a Redshirt Pro- Freshman who came into the league as a Junior from college and playing his FIRST start @KC Chiefs? (who finished #5 ranked in passing)
Then use that as evidence for his future success?

I'm not using Love's performance against the Chiefs as evidence for how I expect him to develop at all. I'm merely saying that he struggled mightily in his only action against a team that blitzed him and didn't play prevent defense. It's entirely possible that he will learn on how to properly read defenses, beating the blitz. But there's some reason for concern that might be an issue moving forward as well.

I can't find it at the moment but I also seem to remember an Eagles player(s) (maybe it was also Slay) basically refuting the idea that the Eagles were playing totally vanilla prevent coverage once Love came in but like I said I'd have to dig that up.

The Eagles didn't blitz Love once and most of his throws were to his first read. No matter what anyone is saying, the Eagles played prevent defense at that point.

The GM doesn't have anything to do with how the pieces are used. He merely acquires the pieces. The team he put together was perfectly capable of winning a Super Bowl any of those three seasons. But just because they didn't doesn't mean that the team he put together wasn't capable of doing so. The GM doesn't deserve blame for a bad game on any particular Sunday any more than he deserves credit for the team playing above expectations on another Sunday.

As mentioned above, we all know it's solely Rodgers' fault.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm excited to see what he can do. He showed he can drop back and sling. The biggest thing for me is how well does he drop back and sling it after teams have 6 weeks of tape and start game planning and then how does he do it after they have a season and an offseason to plan against. That's when we'll really know.

But I think the kid can play, and now he will.
Well stated and I completely agree.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
The defense definitely has enough talent to be much better than poor.
I fully agree, I also haven't seen Barry actually turn that talent into anything effective and I'm done believing he will until I actually see it.

Underperforming defenses have been a theme for the Packers since 2011.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles didn't blitz Love once and most of his throws were to his first read. No matter what anyone is saying, the Eagles played prevent defense at that point.

That's a flat out lie. The Eagles rushed 5 at him at the 9:08 mark on the TD pass to Watson. Go watch the play yourself and eat crow. BTW, since you're obviously trying to downplay Love as much as possible here, what does it matter if he mostly threw to his first read if the first read was open? It's only a problem when your first read is NOT open, like Rodgers did on his last play as a Packer.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts