The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These comments are ignorant. No one knows exactly what happened..rodgers even said (paraphrase)

Their truth, mine and the real truth

I'm not talking about just the potential trade to the Jets. I mean drafting Love, not trading Rodgers, then renegotiating AR's contract, then wanting to trade Rodgers, and then (in my hypothetical) Love being a bust. Murphy and Gutey are clowns no matter how you look at it.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not talking about just the potential trade to the Jets. I mean drafting Love, not trading Rodgers, then renegotiating AR's contract, then wanting to trade Rodgers, and then (in my hypothetical) Love being a bust. Murphy and Gutey are clowns no matter how you look at it.
False. Gute put together a team that won 13 games in three consecutive seasons. No other team has ever accomplished that feat.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13 th this year and conditional 3rd next year.

If Jetts go to playoffs 3rd becomes secoId.

If Jetts go to playoffs and Rodgers playes second season then 3rd becomes first.

And dint ****en budge.

If they say no. Keep Rodgers, restructure contract and make him play another year with Watson and Doubs. Don't warry he will. 60 million on the line.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Love is a great success but it's more likely than not he won't be. If he fails my hope is that Murphy and Glutey get run out of town since they will have botched this situation from beginning to end.
Go back to 1973. Please.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm excited to see what he can do. He showed he can drop back and sling. The biggest thing for me is how well does he drop back and sling it after teams have 6 weeks of tape and start game planning and then how does he do it after they have a season and an offseason to plan against. That's when we'll really know.

But I think the kid can play, and now he will.

I'm mostly worried about Love's ability to read defenses. While he looked promising against the Eagles they didn't blitz him once, were mostly playing prevent defenses and his throws were all to his first read. He looked awful in dealing with the Chiefs blitz a year earlier.

This should make Captain feel a lot better since Rodgers can say or do no wrong.

You truly have an issue with reading comprehension.

False. Gute put together a team that won 13 games in three consecutive seasons. No other team has ever accomplished that feat.

It helps having a quarterback who throws for 111 touchdowns and only 13 interceptions during that span.

If they say no. Keep Rodgers, restructure contract and make him play another year with Watson and Doubs. Don't warry he will. 60 million on the line.

I highly doubt Rodgers would be interested in forgoing any guaranteed money if the Packers end up keeping him.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was under the impression that regular season stats don’t matter and the only thing that counts is Super Bowl wins, so who cares if Gute put together three 13-win regular season teams if none of them won the Super Bowl?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was under the impression that regular season stats don’t matter and the only thing that counts is Super Bowl wins, so who cares if Gute put together three 13-win regular season teams if none of them won the Super Bowl?
People that think that have zero clue just how damn hard it is to win in the league, let alone win a playoff game, let alone a SB.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to Jordan Love...Gute really needs to restock this offense if we want to see Love succeed. As of now the team has two young players with high ceilings and then, uhm, well, hope? As we saw last year, without Watson the offense becomes a little constipated as there is nobody to threaten defenses deep outside of him; I'm not saying Watson is injury prone but it is football and injuries are to be expected. This offense can't just be okay with defenses sitting on everything if one guy gets hurt, especially with a young QB who is going to need all the help he can get.

Let's be realistic, Love is going to be leading a team with a poor defense and a lot is going to be on his shoulders to win games. There is no help coming in free agency (no players or money for that option) so any help is going to come either through the draft or through the expected trade with the Jets. I want Love to be great but much of that is going to depend on what weapons Gute gives him. Is Gute going to go the 2021 Jaguars route and expect a talented but young QB to succeed with subpar weapons or will he go the Bengal route and make Love's job as easy as possible? I think it's obvious the Bengal's route is the better of the two but I'm wondering if Gute doesn't want to build a defense-first, pound the rock football team. His draft history would tend to imply this but I don't think in today's NFL it's a great way to develop a QB who he chose over potential Super Bowls.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course. But Crow seems to insinuate that Rodgers is stir fry and has been for several years.
Within the context of his playoff performance, that would be an accurate statement. I've had no problem with his regular season play (until 2022.) But in the playoffs, he has been no better than mediocre for a long time, especially in the 4th quarter. He's not mentally tough. He panics when he plays from behind.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s very true he did, but no SB’s out of those record seasons
The GM doesn't actually play the games. The GM is responsible for putting a team on the field that is capable of competing at a high level, and without question he has done that. Ups and downs are expected and pretty much unavoidable. It's his job to rebuild and to do so within a couple years when a downturn occurs, which can be due to injuries, retirements, cap problems, or a million other things. If the team's record continues to decline for multiple seasons, then yeah, he has to go. But losing a couple of NFCC games is not a reason to fire the GM.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Within the context of his playoff performance, that would be an accurate statement. I've had no problem with his regular season play (until 2022.) But in the playoffs, he has been no better than mediocre for a long time, especially in the 4th quarter. He's not mentally tough. He panics when he plays from behind.
It’s tough to argue this point over the past three playoff seasons. His 4th quarter numbers have left a lot to be desired.

Reaction score
He looked awful in dealing with the Chiefs blitz a year earlier.
Yea he did look bad at KC.
Question though.
How many live pass attempts in Preseason AND regular season did Jordan Love have when he took his first snap @ KC?

Answer:
42 total.
35 combined attempts over 2 Preseason games that year;
7 pass attempts against Saints in regular season.

If you’re using a Redshirt Pro- Freshman who came into the league as a Junior from college and playing his FIRST start @KC Chiefs? (who finished #5 ranked in passing)
Then use that as evidence for his future success?

Our D played great and any normal FG unit would’ve been a 6-7 in the 4th Qtr. We would’ve kicked a FG with 8 min remaining for a 9-7 ballgame. The next TD drive he perfected a TD was 16-7 had our ST and King not been defunct!

That game could’ve easily been a Packer Win had our ST phase just played C- grade. Jordan has us inside FG range or Redzone on at least 5 occasions that I counted and our FG unit cost us 6 points directly and Jordan cost us at least 3pt after throwing 1 goaline INT which admittedly resulted in more missed points. Really aside from that he played C+ In that environment imo for a first start. Remember, Love had a career 7 regular season attempts going into his first start. He played in just 2 halves of preseason games due to injury. Really tough place to weight his footwork. Plus it’s old news anyway, can’t we find something more recent than 2 years ago?

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose it’s also Jordan’s fault that we missed a 39 yard FG after getting stopped at the KC 22?

Plus it’s Jordan’s fault he got us into the Redzone and had a 35 yard FG blocked?

It was also Jordan’s fault our PR fumbled on the Packers 9 yard line!

What about Jordan scrambling and hitting Cobb for a 36 yard scramble play under pressure? Was that bad footwork at the sideline?

Then it was Jordan’s fault King CB dropped an errant throw that hit him in both hands and cost us 3pts?

Then it was Jordan’s fault Lucas Patrick early snapped the ball and nearly cost a Redzone fumble on 3rd n 5?

Nah, man... that was all Dillon's fault. Just ask Cap'n.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps worth digging this back up from Darius Slay, who of course was playing defense for the Eagles when Love came in:

"As a defense, when A-Rod goes out, we feel great. That's one of the greatest quarterbacks ever, so if he goes out, we got to go out here and really get active. The D-line gets a little hungrier because they know with a young buck coming in, they can get after the quarterback since A-Rod makes a lot of checks and communication at the line of scrimmage, that's hard to sack. So young buck comes in and actually does a very, very solid job. Green Bay got a bright, bright future - like a bright one, because buddy was slinging it."

"I ain't going to lie, he lowkey looked like A-rod, he's been learning a lot. It should be a blessing for him to be behind a GOAT and learning like that at a high level, and he's a talented kid as well. He's a first-round draft pick, so he has a lot of talent...He just has to wait his time, just how A-Rod waited his time for Brett Favre. His time is going to come, you can see the gun-slinging mentality he had just like him. With the quick release and the flick, picking the back leg up, he's copying and pasting him for sure, and that's a great player to be copy and pasting from."

I can't find it at the moment but I also seem to remember an Eagles player(s) (maybe it was also Slay) basically refuting the idea that the Eagles were playing totally vanilla prevent coverage once Love came in but like I said I'd have to dig that up.

Members online

Latest posts