The Giants

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the giants recivers vs the packers scondary and the pack dont get a lot of pressure...I think Eli has a big day.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just re-watched our game against the Giants on NFL replay. We actually got quite a bit of pressure on Eli. Way more than I remembered. And that's without our two starting ILBs, one of whom is a great inside blitzer.

L

Lunchboxer

So far only 1 person has gotten the refrence.

You people need to learn about really bad movie dialog.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I just re-watched our game against the Giants on NFL replay. We actually got quite a bit of pressure on Eli. Way more than I remembered. And that's without our two starting ILBs, one of whom is a great inside blitzer.

Did you happen to notice what the score was when Wood got hurt and had to leave the game?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I love the giants recivers vs the packers scondary and the pack dont get a lot of pressure...I think Eli has a big day.

I'm certain the Packers receivers will have a huge day. I also suspect Capers has a few cards up his sleeve that he's been holding onto for a while. We'll see. Prediction time:

Packers 33
Giants 24

Rodgers: 27-41, 4 TD (Jones, Nelson, Jennings x2), 0 INT, 325 yards
Manning: 18-31, 2 TD (Cruz, Nicks), 2 INT (Woodson, Peprah), 300 yards

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm certain the Packers receivers will have a huge day. I also suspect Capers has a few cards up his sleeve that he's been holding onto for a while. We'll see. Prediction time:

Packers 33
Giants 24

Rodgers: 27-41, 4 TD (Jones, Nelson, Jennings x2), 0 INT, 325 yards
Manning: 18-31, 2 TD (Cruz, Nicks), 2 INT (Woodson, Peprah), 300 yards
agreed on the packers recvievers having a big day..I can def see that..I worry that the pack will use the short passing game to take away our pass rush...our D-coorndinator loves playing a loose zone at times...if they do that against the pack it will be a long day..another concern of mine is the fact that the pack create turnovers and take care of the ball better than anyone in the league.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ru guys gonna watch the other playoff games this weekend? which one u looking forward to the most? I wanna see the sainst niners game obsly...I think the saints are in for a long day..they are a different team on the road and as good as bees is he will throw u a few and this niner team does not miss those chances...along with Drew's big year the saints are 6th in the NFL in rushing...they will not run on the niners...perdiction SF 21 NO17

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Absolutely. I'll watch them all, but I have to admit I am not all that piqued by the AFC games nearly as much.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. I'll watch them all, but I have to admit I am not all that piqued by the AFC games nearly as much.
agreed about the AFC to be honest for the first time in a while the NFC is the better conference imo..the packers and the saints are the 2 best teams in football the niners are 13-3 and the giants won in foxboro this year and when healthy can beat anyone in the league imo.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I hate to say it -- because it would be a lot easier on my heart if the Pack blew you guys out -- but something tells me this game has the potential to be epic (don't know why, just a feeling). I think in both NFC games the winner is going to walk away truly feeling like they won something, like it was a battle, and they overcame a worthy opponent. At times each of the AFC teams (except PERHAPS the Pats) looked like games to determine who least wanted to lose rather than who most wanted to win.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it -- because it would be a lot easier on my heart if the Pack blew you guys out -- but something tells me this game has the potential to be epic (don't know why, just a feeling). I think in both NFC games the winner is going to walk away truly feeling like they won something, like it was a battle, and they overcame a worthy opponent. At times each of the AFC teams (except PERHAPS the Pats) looked like games to determine who least wanted to lose rather than who most wanted to win.
The thing to watch for imo is the first couple drives for each team...if the packers come out and rodgers goes rite down the field and the giants dont respond it can get out of hand. A fast start is important for the giants. If the giants are running the ball well and force the pack to punt early on you guys will have to sweat this one out. I am a homer but I like Eli late in the game over rodgers.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I'm a homer too and I like Rodgers, but I do have to admit that Eli has more "end of game" experience than Rodgers including those record fourth quarter touchdowns. I think against us, however, if he is forced to put it in the air a lot we have a good chance of forcing him into some bad decisions, and maybe a pick or two.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and thats a major concern of mine...the packers although they have given up a lot of yards and points this year, get a lot of turnovers..case and point Clay's pick 6..which turned out to be the difference the last time we played. Also the packers take care of the ball better than anyone in the league.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
did u notice nicks's one handed TD over wood?

In the Super Bowl (you know, that really big game we won last year after beating a bunch of teams that were supposed to be better than us :whistling:, prior to going 15-1 this season), our defense seemed to be disoriented for a while when CWood broke his collarbone and had to leave.

I'd have to watch this game over again, but it seemed (in my memory) you scored a couple of times pretty quickly after he was concussed. I'd always wondered if that was part of the reason.

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you really wanting to bring ST into play? I mean yes I do think we as Packer fans owe you a thank you lasts year for LETTING us get into the playoffs with DeSean Jackson's run.

You DO realize that was a completely different punter who isn't even in the NFL anymore...right?
Try again with the ST trash talk.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the Super Bowl (you know, that really big game we won last year after beating a bunch of teams that were supposed to be better than us :whistling:, prior to going 15-1 this season), our defense seemed to be disoriented for a while when CWood broke his collarbone and had to leave.

I'd have to watch this game over again, but it seemed (in my memory) you scored a couple of times pretty quickly after he was concussed. I'd always wondered if that was part of the reason.
for what its worth no packer fan was happier than me when u guys beat philly in the playoffs.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
You DO realize that was a completely different punter who isn't even in the NFL anymore...right?
Try again with the ST trash talk.

HE DROPPED THE PUNT!!!! They gave him time. Sure they kicked to him but he dropped it, did a few moves and the OTHER 10 players still couldn't get him down. I mean yeah our ST last year was a joke, but at least they didn't cost us the playoffs.

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HE DROPPED THE PUNT!!!! They gave him time. Sure they kicked to him but he dropped it, did a few moves and the OTHER 10 players still couldn't get him down. I mean yeah our ST last year was a joke, but at least they didn't cost us the playoffs.

Oh trust me, I remember that play VERY, VERY well...I don't think you can find a true Giants fan who doesn't remember (and cringe at the thought of) the last 7 minutes of that game. However, that was last season, a completely different circumstance and everything. I don't see anything like that happening again...knock on wood

N

NYGIANTS141

It was more of a total collapse rather than blowing the season on one game. That game should have never gotten to that point anyways, we should have ended the eagles long ago and we didn't and it bit us in the ***.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh trust me, I remember that play VERY, VERY well...I don't think you can find a true Giants fan who doesn't remember (and cringe at the thought of) the last 7 minutes of that game. However, that was last season, a completely different circumstance and everything. I don't see anything like that happening again...knock on wood
the giants may have the best punter in the NFL now. weatherford has been great

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'm a homer too and I like Rodgers, but I do have to admit that Eli has more "end of game" experience than Rodgers including those record fourth quarter touchdowns. I think against us, however, if he is forced to put it in the air a lot we have a good chance of forcing him into some bad decisions, and maybe a pick or two.

This is the only thing that scares me about Eli. He can turn it on in the 4th quarter if needed. He can be scrappy and clutch if all he needs it a TD or FG to win the game or tie it up IMO.

I don't think he is at the same level his brother ever has been on a week to week basis (obviously not-Peyton was painfully consistent) but Eli has the more clutch Manning gene in him.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
agreed about the AFC to be honest for the first time in a while the NFC is the better conference imo..the packers and the saints are the 2 best teams in football the niners are 13-3 and the giants won in foxboro this year and when healthy can beat anyone in the league imo.

Giants take down Pats. Saints take down Colts. Packers take down Steelers. The big 3 of the last decade in the AFC has been taken down in the SB recently.

Yes the NFC has become a better conference.

Members online

Latest posts