The Bye Week Thread

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
As the Pack are on a bye and no game Sunday lets get some positivist vibes back for awhile this week.

With all the doom and gloom with this team what was the most positive impressive thing this team has shown you up until this point.
With me I say the sudden emergence of a real RB in Arron Jones who looks to be a real deal who looks to put in real effort unlike Eddie "Feastmode" Lacy who put in the real work at the local Golden Corral instead. Any hopes of winning games without Rodgers probably starts with him.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I posted elsewhere and since you asked I'll post it again.

I thought Brett Hundley showed a lot of promise.
I saw that when we had the lead in the first half and by his running to gain yards and a TD.
IMO he has shown the ability to improve and did from one game to the next.
I trust the coaches and players are going to work with him to make him better.
If this is what we got right now then it's better to have faith in it than despair.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the Pack are on a bye and no game Sunday lets get some positivist vibes back for awhile this week.

With all the doom and gloom with this team what was the most positive impressive thing this team has shown you up until this point.
With me I say the sudden emergence of a real RB in Arron Jones who looks to be a real deal who looks to put in real effort unlike Eddie "Feastmode" Lacy who put in the real work at the local Golden Corral instead. Any hopes of winning games without Rodgers probably starts with him.
You and others can make all the fat jokes on Lacy all you want to.
But I liked what he did for us and the running game.
I agree that Jones is good.
Now we just have to get Hundley and the receivers on the same page for the one-two punch of a good offense.

Reaction score
I agree. We all know we have a hill to climb and we’re almost half the way up the mountain, so complaining about how dangerous the fall is does absolutely no good. We don’t have the option to descend we’ve trained for this moment all year and the climb is not over. Every year we know there is a chance for injury to anyone.
It takes a team to win a Championship and regardless if we lose our best player we don’t give up or buy into the mindset that we can’t win.
We have to rely on each individual player to improve his play just slightly to make up for the slack. IMO this will fall into the hands of the coaches and the decision to buy into the philosophy that we can still be successful without #12. This is more mental than physical so talent won’t get you there... going shopping for a better QB won’t get you there... if might even backfire.
The faster we believe this.. the faster Brett Hundley gets his first win in the NFL.
There are plenty of Championship teams that had average QBs. Brett Hundley can achieve being an average QB by seasons end, I believe in him
Ironically, I believe it’s our Defense that must rise to the occasion or we won’t have a legit shot regardless of who’s under Center
We have 2 weeks.
We get Vince Biegel and Montravious Adams injected into the mix
We have a young Defense that has nothing but upside as they gain seasoning
We have literally a slew of above average receivers.
We have an ascending running game
We have an O line that is getting healthy
WE are now the “trap” team that isn’t supposed to win.
We have a historic fan base that don’t give up on it’s players.
And finally. we also have next year to build on and that’s the year I think we see the pieces come together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
You and others can make all the fat jokes on Lacy all you want to.
But I liked what he did for us and the running game.
I agree that Jones is good.
Now we just have to get Hundley and the receivers on the same page for the one-two punch of a good offense.

For the first 2 seasons with us Lacy did great but along the way he lost his motivation. Which is a shame as he was doing great.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCray and Lane Taylor.

Both guards who have done well at LT.

McCray, undrafted rookie, held his own at LT against Emerson Griffen. No, not perfect, but for the situation, very good.

McCray might end up an undrafted gem.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
McCray and Lane Taylor.

Both guards who have done well at LT.

McCray, undrafted rookie, held his own at LT against Emerson Griffen. No, not perfect, but for the situation, very good.

McCray might end up an undrafted gem.

McCray has performed great. With a OL that changes weekly McCray has been a great consistent player.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I have a hard time seeing optimism for this season. BUT, what I can say is that this team is finally building a team for the future. If Rodgers did not get hurt, this would be a 6-1 team, that could have gone 14-2 this season. I am going to write this season off (even though I did that last year before Rodgers ran the table), because I prefer to keep expectations low and become impressed than have high expectations and be disappointed. Next year this is a team that I feel confident in, pending Rodgers has the arm strength and accuracy coming back from the injury.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Super Bowl aspirations have taken a hit, and I realize that's the end goal, but I guess I like the game because of the game. Always something to like, even if I have to search for it :) Even at the MN game when Rodgers was knocked out, had a great time. Got to tailgate with Jordy's dad for a while. Highlight of the day, game was disappointing, but I won't ever forget being there.

anyway, RB Jones looks to be the real deal. Good vision, burst, toughness and desire. What's not to like? Our Oline has been in shambles since week 1 and they've found ways to gut it out and get thru it. Wasn't always pretty, but they showed the character they're made of. Tough guys that can grind and grit thru the tough times will make it in this league most times.

I think Nelson, Adams and Cobb were doing well, now they need someone to get them the ball consistently.

The defense has had a quite a few individual performances that should have people excited. I'm not going to get into Capers and scheme, because that's not this thread :) But Matthews, despite not blowing sack numbers up, is having a damn fine year. When Perry can use both hands I expect more from him too, but he's been active. Clark has been a star, just like I thought he would be. Daniels was off to a great start, injured and is now working his way back. I hope he can pick up where he was before injury.

And Blake Martinez? So many were so pissed at Ted last year for Clark and not Myles Jack or someone like that and we got at least as good or better than Jack in the 4th round AND one of the best Dlinemen in the league right now in only his 2nd year and the kid is still a baby in terms of NFL defensive linemen terms. Very bright spots on this team. Not going to lie, the defense needs consistency and to all come together before any of it means **** in the grand scheme of things, but these 2 guys definitely deserve some recognition.

and Randall's attitude ruins a lot of it, but people are hating on him again because his last name is Randall. He's having a much better year this year and if his attitude would get out of the way, his physical skills should get some people excited. But Josh Jones has shown he can make plays. He needs experience and consistency, Tools are there, now he just needs to be molded.

I don't think this year they're going to take over games and win them for us against great teams. I think they can against more than a couple teams left on our schedule though. without getting into what we need from QB, but if we can get average from that position, we could be set up for one of the more storied runs to the Super Bowl ever. I'm not going to discuss the alternatives, because that's not part of this thread either though I realize fully what that might be :)

Members online

Latest posts