1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The "Blueprint" is back

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerDNA, Dec 26, 2014.

1. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +928
    Interesting article by Pete Prisco at www.cbssports.com. Basically, it's an in depth article about how to shut down the Packers offense, and uses the losses to the Seahawks, Lions and Bills as it's basis.
    It does raise some concerns for me, especially since it's not the first time I've heard these theories, along with 'if you take out Nelson and Cobb, the Packers are helpless.'
    What do you guys think?

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,592
    Once again nothing really new in this article. There's an official Lions thread where this should be posted and already another one offering some ideas about how to beat the Packers posted today as well.

3. desertdog55

desertdog55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +23
    There is a "formula" to beat any team at any given time. Coaches will tell you though, it doesn't always work. "Formula's" depend on execution also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pack12TX

Pack12TX Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Agreed - it always come down to the players. Detroit is a formidable opponent and I don't think a single Packers player is taking anything for granted. With this game having such high stakes - we WILL come to play and Lambeau will get LOUD.

5. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    We struggle against premiere D-lines. But I think we proved against the Bills , that our run attack can force them to back down. If there is an equasion to beat the packers. Its a complicated recipe of specific tallent, specific plan execution, and alot of LUCK! The Packers on the other hand can attack in many ways including defensively. And need bad luck to lose...
    I like our chances...

If I were calling the shots. I would swarm the line. Snub the run. Hit Stafford. and let our secondary try to hold them from getting behind our front. Offensively, I would run Lacy/Starks right down their throat. And let rodgers throw a quick dart every few downs to really make them feel like they are being hit from all sides. As soon as they move a guy or two up to slow down our run, we will let Jordy place the dagger.

Odd predictions..... Starks catches another long ball.... Cobb gets another long run.... Quarless out gains Megatron for the game...... Rodgers performance has ESPN talking MVP Monday morning. Injured, against the great defense. He is going to blow up!!!

6. Narveson

Narveson Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
    Yet Prisco picks the Pack to win 31-21.

7. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +437
    The blueprint. Lol.
    I tend to agree. IMO the big story in this game is the Lions are going to be without Nick Fairly against our improved offensive line that is playing as good as anyone in football. Lions will have a hard time trying to get away with playing only 6 in the box like last time.

Simply out, Aaron Rodgers sends the Lions and the NFL heading into the playoffs looking for a new "blueprint" when it comes to Rodgers and Co.

8. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,909
    Is a whole in depth analysis needed to basically say rush four and drop seven?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. desertdog55

desertdog55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +23
    Exactly, they do that and we give them a healthy dose of Lacy, THEN they back off and we air it out.....pick your poison. At least that is what I hope happens.

10. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +437
    My attitude is this. Go out and execute our 5 on 5 while keeping Lacy involved and all the Skeptics, pundits, pretenders, and haters can go take the "the blueprint" and go "wipe there *** with it".

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    sure, if you have the personnel you can beat us. BUT how many have it? Seattle and the lions in the NFC. Its tough to say with the cards. No playoff team in the AFC seems to have it. Bronocs could possibly create some.

12. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Means nothing. The game is played on the field.

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Not trying to shame anyone but the theories are all pretty "duh". Every player and coach in the league knows how, if they're able to pull it off is the challenge.

14. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +928
    We can laugh and scoff all we want, but the fact remains that the top defenses we've gone up against have done this, and shut us down everytime. What's more, we don't seem to have any answers for it, and with only Nelson and Cobb with not much else behind them , there don't seem to be a lot of options for when we see it again. And if you want to get to the big game, you'll have to figure it out against one or both of the Seahawks and Lions again.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514
    Here's what those games have to say about any "blueprint." Get the Packers away from Lambeau Field. Get them early in the season. Hope their receivers have "dropsy" and the special teams swing ten points your way on a blocked field goal and a punt return. And convince their Coach to become one-dimensional: shy away from the run and play only half the field to avoid a corner with a reputation.

16. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    This question will be answered tomorrow. The running game is the most important factor for scoring against the Lions, 2 of the losses to those teams (Seattle and Detroit) came way before this running game came alive and was given a chance. The loss to the Bills was disappointing because Lacy was carving them up yet we persisted with throwing the ball and for a number of reasons, the passing game wasn't working.

I want to see us have proper balance tomorrow against a very good defense and then see how it turns out.

17. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +731
    Breaking news, really good defenses can slow down an offense....

Bills, Lions and Seahawks are all VERY good defenses and the Bills didn't really stop us, they just guessed (correctly) that MM and Rodgers were too obstinate to give up on a gameplan that relied on the pass and lean on a dominant running game.

18. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +928
    More breaking news; while good defenses will perform very well most games, they occasionally get burned, pushed around or have games where an opponent was able to score and move the ball at a high level.
    The problem is they never seem to have such games against the Packers.
    Which leads to the excuse when Rodgers and the Packers have a bad day that it was because they were up against a great defense. Hey, that'll happen. But if you're so great, shouldn't you be expected to win your share of such matchups?