The bigest match up in the the bears game

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the bigest match up in the game against the bears on sunday night with be A.J hawk vs Greg Olsen A.j had a lot of problems vs the chargers when gates burned him on almost every play this shall be a big test for hawk since a few people think hes been starting slow this season

Any thoughts on this and other big match up's

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the bigest match up in the game against the bears on sunday night with be A.J hawk vs Greg Olsen A.j had a lot of problems vs the chargers when gates burned him on almost every play this shall be a big test for hawk since a few people think hes been starting slow this season

Any thoughts on this and other big match up's

are you saying olsen is as good as gates?

isn't popinga the SAM LBer? why is hawk covering brady's man?

i am more concerned with who is lining up across from bush.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Olsen is a fraction of the player Gates is.. not even close, but he might be there best consistent threat with the combination of Clark at the other TE.

Benson is a soft runner for his size and speed.. he showed hints in Texas and hasn't done much to dispell it yet. Sooner or later this team will learn how to utilize young Garrett Wolfe in space to change the pace of this straight ahead running game they use. Get Wolfe on the edges and let him use his size, speed and agility for them.

Griese looks like the same QB that played his way out of other teams.. flashes at times and makes bad choices at others..

Offensive line is aging and average... so on offense they are challenged to move the ball consistently. Moose is probably their big play threat but the routes have to be short because of pressure on the QB..

A hamstrung team right now the Bears are..

Hester vs. the special teams is the matchup this week for the Packers.. IMO.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The bears WRs are the worst in the league. Seriously, that's not rvial BS talking. They really have the worst WRs in the league.

Bush will be going against Rashied Davis and Muhammad at times. Easiest job ever.

Pack93z

Reaction score

Unless the speedy Hester plays the 3rd WR... Bush will have a good game.. the Bears lack speed and size together outside... Bush will play well this week.

I would bet on it..

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seeing what this team has so far shown us... i think we have a better defense and a better offense than the bears.

therefore i think the biggest obstacle is playing up to potential. The Bears are probably tired of hearing about the suprising Packers... and will come to play. i just have a feeling they will be more fired up than we are. maybe more hungry.

Pack93 i agree... Devin Hester is the scariest threat. However i dont want us to punt around him... kick himthe ball.... then bust his head

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

Unless the speedy Hester plays the 3rd WR... Bush will have a good game.. the Bears lack speed and size outside... Bush will play well this week.

I would bet on it..

i do not see why the bears do not start kyle orton?

and i would definetly play hester at WR against bush

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93 i agree... Devin Hester is the scariest threat. However i dont want us to punt around him... kick himthe ball.... then bust his head

I agree.. staying your lanes and don't break contain on him... he has the vision to go with his speed so you can't break contain to try and take him down by yourself.. play as a unit and make him hesitate as much as possible.

But to me.. he has been the Bears offense moreso to date..

The other thing.. shut him down to shut Deion up..
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

The bears WRs are the worst in the league. Seriously, that's not rvial BS talking. They really have the worst WRs in the league.

Bush will be going against Rashied Davis and Muhammad at times. Easiest job ever.

muhammad will test bush.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:

muhammad will test bush.

Like a quiz in the locker room? Cuz Muhammad is playing hurt, has been almost all season, and his play is showing it. Bush will be fine.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:

muhammad will test bush.

Muhammad is their number one reciever... Woodson or Harris will be taking care of him in most every situation.

I am not gloating, putting the cart before the horse, counting my chickens or anything!... There is no way that we should be scared of ONE player on that offense. we have the personnel to contain this team offensively.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I agree.. staying your lanes and don't break contain on him... he has the vision to go with his speed so you can't break contain to try and take him down by yourself.. play as a unit and make him hesitate as much as possible.

But to me.. he has been the Bears offense moreso to date..

The other thing.. shut him down to shut Deion up..
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

My theory is, just kick it out of bounds every time, even on kickoffs.

You may say that that is just fearful surrender of field position.

But I say nay, given touches, Hester will without a doubt, score TDs. Kicking to him is pretty much a concession of one, if not more, TDs. So why not put the challenge on the Bears offense?

Force the worst unit on this team to create their own momentum, sustain a drive, not turn it over, and put it in the endzone.

I say the chances of that happening are less than the chances of one of the greatest returners to play the game housing it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:

muhammad will test bush.

Muhammad is their number one reciever... Woodson or Harris will be taking care of him in most every situation.

Technically he is the 1, packnic, But not really. Berrian is the bigger threat, and has become the #1 target on that team, especially with moose playing banged up. But since he is the #2, whoever of the BIG TWO isn't on Berrian, will take Moose.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing it match up like this in 3 WR sets

Moose - Bush
Berrian - Chuck
Hester - Al

Bush CAN easily defend Moose. He is old, and hurt. Unless you have some type of vendetta against Bush and can't think logically.

I think it's funny. This is the worst WR group in the NFL, and people are getting scared.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush CAN easily defend Moose. He is old, and hurt. Unless you have some type of vendetta against Bush and can't think logically.

define hypocrite

do i think the bears will win sunday, no

will the bears exploit bush, yes!

should i be attacked, and told i can not think logically. no. and then this guy cries i should be banned. fine, if i should be banned, then so should he

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
da Bears have no O. They were stupid to get rid of their best RB in the off season.

They have a man named Hester that is dangerous. Stop Hester, and we shut them down.

If we can score 14 points, and we stop Hester, we will win this game.

The key matchups IMO are Driver, Jennings, and JJ vs da Bears secondary. All four DBs who were starting at the beginning of the season are not starting next week against us. If we can exploit that, we can score 28+ points on da Bears. Kitna had the game of his life, with a near perfect rating, against da Bears. That's even despite getting sacked 6 times.

I'm still bitter about our 26-0 loss last year against them. I don't want to just beat them. I want to humiliate them. I want Griese to have nightmares about KGB and Kampman. I want Lovie Smith in the middle of the night to wake up screaming "Nooooooo!"

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the bears will TRY to exploit Bush yes.

Muhammed cannot exploit Bush because hes old and slow... Bush isnt perfect by any means... but hes got what it takes which is why hes out there.

END OF STORY

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Somehow that had something to do with my post?

No, it didn't.

You just wanted to be the little drama queen again and play the victim. It's cute.

If only the ignore feature actually worked on the forum.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

define hypocrite

DH - They will exploit Bush. And they'll do it one too many times and Bigby will sneak an interception or 2 when they keep doing that. Plus, the Lions sacked them six times. That's not a typo either. Imagine the fun times KGB, Kampman, and Jenkins will have. They'll be like kids in a candy store with Dad's credit card and no adult supervision.

Don't worry, their O is limp. I'm about as worried about da Bears' O as I am worried about the four-year-old down the street hitting me with a pine cone.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO we need to shut down the run and make them throw it. We get in situations where we can go full out after Griese and it will create turnovers.

The Bears do not match up with us well at all.

They do not protect the QB well. We get after the QB a LOT.

They do not have great DB's and are hurting there. We have BF and Co.

I hope our mindset is the memory of them coming to our place last year and beating our brains out. If we come in remembering that we should return the favor.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry, their O is limp. I'm about as worried about da Bears' O as I am worried about the four-year-old down the street hitting me with a pine cone.

i would be terrified of a four year old with a pine cone... those *****es hurt.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

Only if hit in the eye. I don't think a four year old throws with enough velocity to cause damage even if you get hit in the ding ding.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Zombieslayer said:

Only if hit in the eye. I don't think a four year old throws with enough velocity to cause damage even if you get hit in the ding ding.

Dude. You should never reference a four-year old and your own ding ding in the same sentence. Especially on the internet. Guarantee they're coming for you right now. Sucks.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers running game vs. Bears Defensive Line. If GB can establish the run against the Bears then they should win the game. If not then it'll be another close one.