The Beer Sport

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, that looks interesting and I found pretty good reviews on the web as well. Never heard of it before.
But I'd especially love to hear how you guys pronounce Tröegs with "O-Umlaut" :D

Just like the Germans would pronounce it without the "e".

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, I just got a can of "Shermans March" pipe tobacco and I'm drinking "Rebel Yell" whisky. My poor body doesn't know what to do! :eek:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like the Germans would pronounce it without the "e".
Well, my experience so far is that those letters seem to be pretty difficult to pronounce
for native English speakers. Like "th" for us non-native English speakers. Thats why I was surprised to see a brand name like this in an English speaking country. ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, my experience so far is that those letters seem to be pretty difficult to pronounce
for native English speakers. Like "th" for us non-native English speakers. Thats why I was surprised to see a brand name like this in an English speaking country. ;)

I don't know about the Queen's English, but here in the states, we tend to add a lot of letters, which have no value whatsoever, to words. There are a lot of words with *extra* letters where the letter means nothing and is not pronounced!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Tuesday around noon and you're already having a whisky? :eek:
Do we need to get worried, Croak? :D

Nah, it's after lunch here in my neck of the woods. ;) Besides, I just drove through a snowstorm to take my daughter to the Allergist and back. I could use a little relaxation!

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, that looks interesting and I found pretty good reviews on the web as well. Never heard of it before.
But I'd especially love to hear how you guys pronounce Tröegs with "O-Umlaut" :D

Surprisingly we pronounce it the same as the Germans would, just with an American accent.

So basically, like a grunting noise during ***********. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

We do have some Bavarian named American Breweries here in the USA. Some of them are quite good... you know, if you like that sort of Bavarian thing. :D

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score

Tr-oh-gs

They ignore the umlaut lol

From an interview...

"T.B.I.M: How do you pronounce Tröegs?
Tröegs: It’s pronounced with a long O, not uh or uh-e (as the umlaut would imply)."

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Did you have a cold ? Or an infection ? Had this some years ago and couldn't smell and taste anymore but it came back after two weeks slowly. This was horrible. :tdown: Hope you get better soon.

Not exactly sure mate. The only beer I`m basically tasting is the ones that have that "Grapefruit" hop, and I HATE that.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Tr-oh-gs

They ignore the umlaut lol

From an interview...

"T.B.I.M: How do you pronounce Tröegs?
Tröegs: It’s pronounced with a long O, not uh or uh-e (as the umlaut would imply)."

The o umlaut in German is pronounce like a long O except with the lips pursed more. (At least that is the way my Berlin native teacher taught us.)

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Went to the craft beer store today. Bought $160 worth of beer. Should hold me for a couple of days.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Here's a small portion of them.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Starting with this one.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts