The Amari Rodgers Thread

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no words for it.

I'm glad he was replaced, but he needs to be released. Under no circumstance should he be the punt returner the rest of the season. Every game from here on out is as close to single elimination as you can get. Every one of them are like a playoff game.
Yeah he is simply a guy who is NOT doing his job adequately

Simple as that. It's like anyone in any job, if you can't do it - we just have to let you go

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess at this point cutting him would mainly be for “sending a message” purposes.

If we must, keep him around for WR depth while guys are hurt. But sending him back out to return punts should be a fireable offense at this point, lol.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The message should have been sent a month ago. Way too loose with the ball, he gives the other team an opportunity in every game and he lost one again last night. I was so happy to see someone else back there, who was instantly better too. big surprise someone was better than garbage. He offers nothing.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest misstep by management in my opinion was not just letting Amari learn WR role for the day he is needed there - he indicated even his rookie year punt returning at the NFL level wasn't for him. He's shown prowess on routes, good hands when needed...let him do that. However, at this point if our WR is healthy just cut ties, experiment over sadly because they kept forcing him to be something he simply wasn't at this level: a punt returner.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest misstep by management in my opinion was not just letting Amari learn WR role for the day he is needed there - he indicated even his rookie year punt returning at the NFL level wasn't for him. He's shown prowess on routes, good hands when needed...let him do that. However, at this point if our WR is healthy just cut ties, experiment over sadly because they kept forcing him to be something he simply wasn't at this level: a punt returner.
Good point. It is what it is at this point though

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He must go. It was already long past due, but rostering him after yesterday is a massive insult and slap in the face to every Packers player, coach, and fan.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be a fan of us if cut, he clears waivers bringing him in for PS and a chance, albeit small to earn back his roster spot next year. Again, from the slot on offensive snaps he shows promise....ST snaps just simply cannot happen with him back deep.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
WAY too many things have gone badly even if we lost yesterday to say Amari cost us the season.
Of course. Just speaking directly to yesterday. That fumble led directly to Dallas punching it in to make the score 21-14. Can’t say enough about how deflating it was in the moment. To the Packers credit, they never blinked, as LaFleur likes to say.

I just know LaFleur would be taking massive heat for sticking with Amari this long had the Packers not have pulled off the comeback.

It would’ve been the biggest thing that stood out from yesterday. And going to 3-7 pretty much all but closes the door.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously we have more problems than just Amari and of course the season isn't "saved" just yet. But if we'd lost yesterday I suspect that would've been the final nail in the coffin and he would've been directly responsible for hammering it in himself. We ended up winning *in spite of Amari*, as it were.

I think the bottom line is that if he wasn't a 3rd-round pick or had been drafted by a previous regime he would've been gone LONG ago. Obviously his ST contributions are not anywhere near good enough and frankly I don't think his "promise" on offense has been anywhere near enough to merit a roster spot either; seems glaringly clear to me that the only reason he's being kept around is because he's seen as a "high" pick and management doesn't want to give up on/admit they "missed" on that pick. If he'd been a late-round pick or UDFA he probably wouldn't have even made it to dress week 1.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course. Just speaking directly to yesterday. That fumble led directly to Dallas punching it in to make the score 21-14. Can’t say enough about how deflating it was in the moment. To the Packers credit, they never blinked, as LaFleur likes to say.

I just know LaFleur would be taking massive heat for sticking with Amari this long had the Packers not have pulled off the comeback.

It would’ve been the biggest thing that stood out from yesterday. And going to 3-7 pretty much all but closes the door.

Not arguing it would have been one of those typical three or four moments in every loss that you look back on and red circle. However you had categorized it as the reason for csting the season...that'd be a LOT of things red circled LOL

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having Amari back there very nearly cost the Packers the season yesterday.
I would imagine there was not a person on the planet happier than Amari after the W yesterday. What will ultimately cost us the season were the losses to the certainly beatable Giants, Commanders and Lions. Plenty of blame to go around in all of those.

Drafting him as high as we did, I would like to have seen him with more development as a WR.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you are a great guy Amari but sorry to say you lack the skill to play at NFL level.

Sorry man but you got to go.
Good luck in all other life endeavors.

Reaction score
What really weird is he went up the middle with the ball forward in his arm unprotected on a game where its near freezing temperatures and he's running into 3 defenders simultaneously. That falls on his position coach and its pretty apparent we don't have a clue about assessing risk or coaching to the game environment

I heard all I needed several weeks ago. Rich said it wasn't him fielding the ball they had been concerned about but rather him holding onto it afterwards? What!? I hold Rich personally responsible if Amari is fielding any returns going forward. I already hold the Position coach fully responsible for not teaching fundamentals

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What really weird is he went up the middle with the ball forward in his arm unprotected on a game where its near freezing temperatures and he's running into 3 defenders simultaneously. That falls on his position coach and its pretty apparent we don't have a clue about assessing risk or coaching to the game environment

I heard all I needed several weeks ago. Rich said it wasn't him fielding the ball they had been concerned about but rather him holding onto it afterwards? What!? I hold Rich personally responsible if Amari is fielding any returns going forward. I already hold the Position coach fully responsible for not teaching fundamentals

I 100% do not believe if it were Rich's call he would have been back there this past game. I think it has been more above him type deal....wouldn't be shocked one bit if Rich was finally told he could make the switch.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I 100% do not believe if it were Rich's call he would have been back there this past game. I think it has been more above him type deal....wouldn't be shocked one bit if Rich was finally told he could make the switch.
I’ve been thinking the exact same thing.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The message should have been sent a month ago. Way too loose with the ball, he gives the other team an opportunity in every game and he lost one again last night. I was so happy to see someone else back there, who was instantly better too. big surprise someone was better than garbage. He offers nothing.
Unfortunately, at this point, the message is that you won’t be held accountable for ball security.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That seems to be their talking point where Amari is concerned because LeFleur tried to say exactly the same thing and then backtracked somewhat in his post game presser when he was asked about Amari.

Frankly, while I still think Lefleur has a lot of positives, My biggest criticism is that he doesn’t seem to have that cutthroat attitude that is necessary sometimes. Amari should have been benched if not outright cut weeks ago. … last year’s special teams fiasco … etc… Sometimes a head coach needs to stop being a friend … and needs to lay down the gavel… Im not sure if Lefleur can do that.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts