The Amari Rodgers Thread

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, at this point, the message is that you won’t be held accountable for ball security.
And the Titans have an excellent punter and some pretty good gunners. If they let him return again it could be fatal. But can Nixon stay back there and still play his position as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was so happy to see someone else back there, who was instantly better too.

Nixon made a great catch above his head on either the first or one of the he fielded but it was risky to not let it hit the ground.

The biggest misstep by management in my opinion was not just letting Amari learn WR role for the day he is needed there - he indicated even his rookie year punt returning at the NFL level wasn't for him. He's shown prowess on routes, good hands when needed...let him do that. However, at this point if our WR is healthy just cut ties, experiment over sadly because they kept forcing him to be something he simply wasn't at this level: a punt returner.

I believe Amari has enough talent to be a decent punt returner but unfortunately he doesn't make a whole lot of good decisions and can't take care of the ball.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Amari has enough talent to be a decent punt returner but unfortunately he doesn't make a whole lot of good decisions and can't take care of the ball.
It looked like he also just about dropped the 1st punt of the day. They can't keep him back there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looked like he also just about dropped the 1st punt of the day. They can't keep him back there.
He did, it was right in front us us too. He just can’t be back there. He can’t field it cleanly and he can’t hang on to it when he’s running with it. Sprinkle in bad decisions and I’m not sure what else we can expect from that situation but bad.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Jesus sometimes I`m ashamed to be a Packer fan. One or two mistakes from a player and we want him out. They did it with Ross and when he was picked up by the Lions he was a great returner. Try getting behind a player instead of running them out of town so quickly. Love has been written off by many and he hasn`t had much support to see if he`s any good at times. JMHO

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted this kid to succeed...but about a month ago I realized it wasn't gonna happen. I wish him well but not too well on another team.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus sometimes I`m ashamed to be a Packer fan. One or two mistakes from a player and we want him out. They did it with Ross and when he was picked up by the Lions he was a great returner. Try getting behind a player instead of running them out of town so quickly. Love has been written off by many and he hasn`t had much support to see if he`s any good at times. JMHO
Well you’d better tell that to the Packers … because they appear to agree with us… he has been released.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you even watch Amari play? Have to hold your breath every time he fields a punt… he did nothing for Green Bay he ain’t worth nothing at wr for us move along more power to him on another team hope the best for him but he blew scrotes for us..

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Did you even watch Amari play? Have to hold your breath every time he fields a punt… he did nothing for Green Bay he ain’t worth nothing at wr for us move along more power to him on another team hope the best for him but he blew scrotes for us..
Yes I did watch him play and I stand by my statement. Good luck to him in the future.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amari Rodgers has been released. How often does a third round pick get released halfway into his second year?

Bill Belichick has done it with 2nd rounders.

Edit - Ok, maybe not. I was thinking of 2013 2nd round WR Aaron Dobson but he got 3 seasons before he was released and out of the league.

To be released in the middle of season for football reasons (not arrests, wife beating, etc.) is pretty rare and is evidence of how bad Amari Rodgers is.

Last edited:

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That seems to be their talking point where Amari is concerned because LeFleur tried to say exactly the same thing and then backtracked somewhat in his post game presser when he was asked about Amari.

Frankly, while I still think Lefleur has a lot of positives, My biggest criticism is that he doesn’t seem to have that cutthroat attitude that is necessary sometimes. Amari should have been benched if not outright cut weeks ago. … last year’s special teams fiasco … etc… Sometimes a head coach needs to stop being a friend … and needs to lay down the gavel… Im not sure if Lefleur can do that.
I could not possibly agree more with this post. He seems more concerned with being the nice guy that everyone likes than dominating. Our inability to finish teams and step on their throats under his tenure has been indicative of that. Rodgers would have been gone under BB after the first muff. He is ruthless, something MLF seemingly will never be.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

I was ashamed that they HADN'T released him. One or two mistakes? This is PROFESSIONAL sports, not an intramural league with participation trophies.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to pile on the kid but it was time. I hope he gets things turned around and has better luck somewhere else.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One or two mistakes??

Maybe if you mean one or two mistakes per snap....

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say it again - the BIGGEST mistake with Amari was the organization continuing to force him to be the punt returner when he clearly showed IMO very uncomfortable mindset with his rookie year...then he confirmed that role wasn't for him this year early on...YET WE KEPT PUTTING HIM BACK THERE.

He showed promise on routes, catching the ball this year on offense...but he ISN'T an NFL returner. The organization RUINED Amari from potentially being something IMO as much as Amari did as well...BOTH are at fault.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck to him. Hope he finds his feet quickly. It's the right call (and frankly long, LONG overdue) but losing your job is always a bummer. Hope he finds success elsewhere but it was clearly time to move on for us.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't wish the kid any ill will, but it was past time. This wasn't a mistake or 2. It's been something practically every game going back to the start of last year. It's not like he touches the ball 25 times a game and has a fumble every other week. He touches it like 5 times a week and muffs, bobbles or fumbles it every game. SUnday he almost lost one right away and then lost one and Dallas went on the go ahead score. I'm all for giving guys a chance, but he's had so many already.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say it again - the BIGGEST mistake with Amari was the organization continuing to force him to be the punt returner when he clearly showed IMO very uncomfortable mindset with his rookie year...then he confirmed that role wasn't for him this year early on...YET WE KEPT PUTTING HIM BACK THERE.

He showed promise on routes, catching the ball this year on offense...but he ISN'T an NFL returner. The organization RUINED Amari from potentially being something IMO as much as Amari did as well...BOTH are at fault.
I think you're giving him too much credit. He returned about 100 punts in college. They weren't asking him to do some foreign task. young guys always have to make their bread on ST's breaking in to the NFL. He's been almost non-existent in the passing game. He's had as many groaners as he's had catches this year.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're giving him too much credit. He returned about 100 punts in college. They weren't asking him to do some foreign task. young guys always have to make their bread on ST's breaking in to the NFL. He's been almost non-existent in the passing game. He's had as many groaners as he's had catches this year.
Yeah, I think it's stretching it a bit. The guy was 100% a total non-factor in the passing game last year and was this season as well until our WR room (which was already gutted heading into the season, lol) got hit hard with injuries, too - Only reason he was ever in any position to show said "promise" was because we were quite literally scraping the bottom of the barrel to find bodies to give snaps at WR. Lest we forget it was not that long ago that Aaron Rodgers could only muster "He's returning punts for us" when asked about Amari's role in the offense (and I don't think that was indicative of a slight on our QB's part...)

16 targets and 8 receptions in two seasons. If he had that much promise in an offensive role I'd wager he'd have played more of a role already. I have plenty of gripes with our management but I don't think that's on them.

Latest posts