The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters
H

HardRightEdge

It's baffling that some feel Rodgers shouldn't have what every single other elite quarterback in the NFL has...the ability to audible.

You don't waste an all time proven talent that is about to start his 13th season in the NFL by handicapping him.
It's crazy, isn't it? Lookin' for hate in all the wrong places, I guess.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m expecting an excellent season from Rodgers. He sounds very comfortable and dialed in. I just expect them to run the ball more often this year, than last. How much more remains to be seen.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m expecting an excellent season from Rodgers. He sounds very comfortable and dialed in. I just expect them to run the ball more often this year, than last. How much more remains to be seen.
Rodgers for MVP?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MUCH more accurate today. whatever he saw in his tape and corrected made a big difference. don't think he threw one bad ball. still avoiding the middle of the field and keyed on Adams too much but if the other team can't stop it you keep going there.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
MUCH more accurate today. whatever he saw in his tape and corrected made a big difference. don't think he threw one bad ball. still avoiding the middle of the field and keyed on Adams too much but if the other team can't stop it you keep going there.
So I guess he isn't regressing or ignoring MLF's O anymore. lololol.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I guess he isn't regressing or ignoring MLF's O anymore. lololol.
he regressed last year and resisted change. this year he reportedly had a great camp. today he was much more accurate. the O did change from the first half to the second. the second looked more like last year. my problem with rodgers isn't his skills. it's his contract/cap-hit (especially beyond this season) and attitude the last 2-3 years. he had a great game today.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
he regressed last year and resisted change. this year he reportedly had a great camp. today he was much more accurate. the O did change from the first half to the second. the second looked more like last year. my problem with rodgers isn't his skills. it's his contract/cap-hit (especially beyond this season) and attitude the last 2-3 years. he had a great game today.
Nah you're moving the goal post. But that's nothing new.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah you're moving the goal post. But that's nothing new.
prove it. i've been consistent. since his injuries and contract his stats have suffered. his attitude towards mccarthy in the end is well documented. acting like he did the Packers a favor by accepting a massive $33.5m/yr contract hit me the wrong way. his resistance to MLF's O isn't argueable. i've consistently said he's still good but his contract has held the team back. now there's the covid affect on top of it. he played very well today. his best day in a long time. that doesn't change anything. next year he counts $36m against a cap that might be over $20 million lower than this year.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I never liked the idea of paying that high a price for Rodgers, it is unfortunately one of those things you have to do if you want the king QB. If he continues playing like this all year, I'd say it was worth it.

H

HardRightEdge

2,943 posts and counting when all that was needed was some smelling salts and a slap in the face. Not for him, mind you.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's baffling that some feel Rodgers shouldn't have what every single other elite quarterback in the NFL has...the ability to audible.

You don't waste an all time proven talent that is about to start his 13th season in the NFL by handicapping him.

Well, as I said in other threads, some posters simply can't think for themselves and get their so-called knowledge about QB play switching or audibles from the usual talking heads. They also believed that clown from Bleacher Report who made everything up in his article.

H

HardRightEdge

Could be a big part of what's pushing him, motivating him. But you can't draw too many conclusions from one game.
More like RELAXed after seeing what that competition looks like.

You know, Rodgers met the Dalai Lama a while back and I got to thinking he might have met up with a Peruvian shaman when he was down that way in February. Maybe he was promised complete consciousness on his death bed. If so, he's got that going for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If we continue to run the ball like this against other teams AR will be even more lethal. :D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So did rodgers overthrow or under throw?

majority know the answer you just won't admit it. It's all over media, Sunday night football showed and mentioned it..

Wentz in Philly has practice squad players and it isn't that much of an issue.

Look...He is still the qb I want...but he has to either figure out the issue or adjust his mechanics..

I said it last year...he was having issues...people wanted to blame wr and righlty so..but I saw his was off.

Today, I think everyone could agree rodgers looked like rodgers of old. And if you agree then you probably are thinking last year he was off.

His Passes were on point..where they needed to be..

Swing passes in right spot ( I mentioned swing passes numerous times last year that he couldn't make those)..

Members online