The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
obj would be a mistake. can't afford him for one thing (they need to roll over as much $ as they can for next year) and rodgers wouldn't throw to him much anyway. the expense and chemistry issues wouldn't justify it. the guys they have know the O already...plus he'd be a massive distraction. rodgers is running the real MLF O now and it looks totally different from last years mishmash. he's throwing on time and accurately. his passes were coming out at around 2.5 seconds. the focus was on moving the chains and eating up the clock and he/they did it beautifully...just as designed. more, more, more of this. it'll take a lot of pressure off the injured, and lacking, defense.

I wonder how long will it be before you go on and say Rodgers isn't buying into the offense in the event he has a bad game. I'm just counting down the weeks.

D

Deleted member 6794

You don't think Brady is decent?

Not at this point in his career anymore. I think he's done like Peyton was in 2015 but unfortunately for him he doesn't have an elite defense to bail him out.

The Bucs won't come anywhere close to making the playoffs.

can't afford him for one thing (they need to roll over as much $ as they can for next year) and rodgers wouldn't throw to him much anyway.

No matter the topic you can count on gary to take an uncalled shot at Rodgers every single post.

And it really helps with time of possession. I don't know what the final numbers were from Sunday, But the Minnesota D was on the field a lot, and it showed in the 2H. It's a winning formula and it seems Rodgers has bought in. There were fewer long throws, and when he did make long throws, there were good reasons and a lot more success than last season.

The Packers possessed the ball for 41:16 minutes vs. the Vikings, tied with the Bills for most in week 1 and more than 5:30 minutes more than other team.

FYI Rodgers had the most deep pass attempts of any quarterback in the league last week.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
rodgers is running the real MLF O now and it looks totally different from last years mishmash. he's throwing on time and accurately. his passes were coming out at around 2.5 seconds. the focus was on moving the chains and eating up the clock and he/they did it beautifully...just as designed. more, more, more of this. it'll take a lot of pressure off the injured, and lacking, defense.
Or maybe like I and many others level headedly predicted, year one would always be an adjustment year for the offense. Rodgers isn't doing anything differently than he did last year. Nothing. It's funny what happens when you continue to practice at it and work on it and build continuity. Rodgers is just more crisp and comfortable now.

Still taking shots down the field. Last year you said "oh that's the MM spread". Now that it's effective, he's running MLF's O after ignoring it in year one. Too funny.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can ppl please stop using a one game sample against a team with bad corners to make grandiose, sweeping statements about Rodgers? I think Rodgers is very good and that front office failed him with his receiving group but one game against the Vikings is NOT enough evidence to conclude ANYTHING. And the upcoming game against an awful Detroit defense won't be the conclusion either.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Can ppl please stop using a one game sample against a team with bad corners to make grandiose, sweeping statements about Rodgers? I think Rodgers is very good and that front office failed him with his receiving group but one game against the Vikings is NOT enough evidence to conclude ANYTHING. And the upcoming game against an awful Detroit defense won't be the conclusion either.

I think you can look at this game for just his accurate passing and flow of the game. Some have said best since the SB year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fiveth...gers-is-playing-like-aaron-rodgers-again/amp/

According to our quarterback Elo ratings, Rodgers on Sunday had the best QB game (relative to league average) of Week 1, the sixth-best game of his career and his second-best game since 2010.

My stance last year was it didnt matter what team it was..he was off of "his normal". he seemed to miss throws he always made...he had open guys last year and over threw or shorted it. Missed swing passes.

Vs the Vikings he was back to his old self.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think he has a different look and more upbeat attitude than I’ve seen in the last 5 years. He comes across to me as being rejuvenated. If he maintains this aura, I think we’re re-entering the good old days of Rodgers.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
obj would be a mistake. can't afford him for one thing (they need to roll over as much $ as they can for next year) and rodgers wouldn't throw to him much anyway. the expense and chemistry issues wouldn't justify it. the guys they have know the O already...plus he'd be a massive distraction. rodgers is running the real MLF O now and it looks totally different from last years mishmash. he's throwing on time and accurately. his passes were coming out at around 2.5 seconds. the focus was on moving the chains and eating up the clock and he/they did it beautifully...just as designed. more, more, more of this. it'll take a lot of pressure off the injured, and lacking, defense.
lol. So we have seen one game and you have now garnered enough evidence to know that Rodgers has capitulated to the will of Matt LeFleur. In case there is any doubt, I am being facetious. I just find it fascinating the way you form opinions and then state them as the factual foundation for everything else you say going forward.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Can ppl please stop using a one game sample against a team with bad corners to make grandiose, sweeping statements about Rodgers?
Welcome to planet Earth. Hyperbole drives the communications channels. Without it we'd be a sane, peaceful, united peoples spread throughout the solar system.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBJ is nothing but trouble. He's a self-promoter who's first priority is building his brand and endorsing products. Catching footballs is his side gig.
Dude come on. There is nothing wrong with a player promoting their brand, and considering the QB's he's had throwing him the ball are we really questioning his effort? The dude gets such a bad rap when he really didn't do anything that excessive. Can he be silly? Sure, but he was never reported to be a bad teammate.

H

HardRightEdge

Dude come on. There is nothing wrong with a player promoting their brand, and considering the QB's he's had throwing him the ball are we really questioning his effort? The dude gets such a bad rap when he really didn't do anything that excessive. Can he be silly? Sure, but he was never reported to be a bad teammate.
My problem is when a guy takes it on the field, getting fined for watches and shoes and whatnot. Then there are the ridiculous "look at me" sideline antics. There's a reason he bounced to Cleveland where anything goes. Now more trade rumors. Cleveland was at least smart enough to structure the contract with no dead cap after this season.

I don't know why his name would come up in the first place since his cap number this year is prohibitive. You want him? He'll be cut after this season and will be cheaper. I still won't want him.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My problem is when a guy takes it on the field, getting fined for watches and shoes and whatnot. Then there are the ridiculous "look at me" sideline antics. There's a reason he bounced to Cleveland where anything goes. Now more trade rumors. Cleveland was at least smart enough to structure the contract with no dead cap after this season.

I don't know why his name would come up in the first place since his cap number this year is prohibitive. You want him? He'll be cut after this season and will be cheaper. I still won't want him.
The contract is the only reason why I wouldn't bring him here, but other than that, the other stuff can be handled. I doubt he'd pull that stuff when A. He would be in a winning culture. B. Have a HOF and one of the greatest to ever throw him the football. C. Have a contemporary he respects in Davante (Davante did advocate in getting him, so it's clear the two know one another).

So he did a couple silly things in Cleveland, that organization is a mess of itself. The key to fix all that is winning. Winning fixes everything in this league. Remember all the drama that the media was spinning towards us in regards to Rodgers and McCarthy? Most of it was due to us losing. Again I'd be fine with OBJ if he was cheaper. He really gets a bad rap.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No it can't. Others have tried and they discovered their mistake. He just gets worse.
Even if it could, why would the Packers want to take on the burden of trying. I don’t think many beyond D07 thinks Bryant is any better than average at this point.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No it can't. Others have tried and they discovered their mistake. He just gets worse.
Oh right, The Giants who's organization is a complete joke right now, and had laughable coaching, and the Cleveland organization...Need I say more, and you're basing it off those two? Gimme a break dude. Put him in a winning culture and with a good FO and HC, let alone QB and I'm pretty he would shape up. Again he has NOT done anything that's isn't fixable. I certainly haven't heard anything from him this past offseason or this past week.

Even if it could, why would the Packers want to take on the burden of trying. I don’t think many beyond D07 thinks Bryant is any better than average at this point.
Who said anything about Bryant? I clearly said OBJ. And if OBJ helped us win football games and proved not to be the headcase as most of you guys are implying, because heaven forbid people can change for the better. Again my thing is I wouldn't bring him in because of the money issue, but if he were to come in on cheap I don't see the harm in trying him out, especially IF none of our receivers pan out.

But I'll leave it at that as we've strayed off topic long enough.

D

Deleted member 6794

Put him in a winning culture and with a good FO and HC, let alone QB and I'm pretty he would shape up. Again he has NOT done anything that's isn't fixable. I certainly haven't heard anything from him this past offseason or this past week.

OBJ was once on a winning team with the Giants in 2016 and he took the entire receiver group to Miami to party in the week leading up to the playoff game at Green Bay.

That's all I need to know to not want him on the Packers.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBJ still is too good a talent to be written off this quick. He probably needs a veteran QB and would staff to rejuvenate his career. I think being in GB would help this a lot.

And his off field antics are not as bad as many other players get into. He'll mature soon.

Obviously it has its inherent risks, but the upside is worth taking them imo.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBJ was once on a winning team with the Giants in 2016 and he took the entire receiver group to Miami to party in the week leading up to the playoff game at Green Bay.

That's all I need to know to not want him on the Packers.
They had a week off, and they chose to go to Florida. And that was their only winning season in which they've made the playoffs. C'mon man.

They wanted to celebrate and have fun, and apparently they were allowed to, so it's not like they violated any rules or regulations. It's equivalent to some of our players going out clubbing on the night before we got our butts kicked by The Chargers. I wouldn't have done it, but the media made a big deal out of it than it should have. If they hadn't gone and still played the same way what would've been the excuse? We simply pick and choose what fits our narrative better. If you guys just said you don't like Odell, fine. I wouldn't agree with it, but I respect it nonetheless.

I swear you guys some of you guys are so judgemental. There have been players that have been able to turn things around and turn for the better. Sheesh. Hypothetically speaking, if OBJ did come to The Packers and played extremely well, proved to be a good teammate, and matured, and contribute to a SB win, how many of you would still be on your high horses?

D

Deleted member 6794

They had a week off, and they chose to go to Florida. And that was their only winning season in which they've made the playoffs. C'mon man.

No, the Giants didn't have a week off as they played Washington in week 17 on January 1st before travelling to Green Bay for a wild card playoff game a week later.

OBJ decided it was a good idea to party in Miami in between. As mentioned above that's all I need to know.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't typically see guys like OBJ "mature" they simply become more of what they already are. Attention seeking, flamboyant, me first blame the world type people. When he goes and turns someone into a winner, I'll get off my high horse. How's that? when he doesn't what will do?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, the Giants didn't have a week off as they played Washington in week 17 on January 1st before travelling to Green Bay for a wild card playoff game a week later.

OBJ decided it was a good idea to party in Miami in between. As mentioned above that's all I need to know.
I was mistaken, not a week off, but they had the day off. How you spend that day off is no one's business. So they chose to enjoy themselves on their DAY OFF. Let me guess they should've been in their books and studying tape right, even though they had and I cannot emphasize this enough, DAY OFF. It's not how I would've spent my day off, but again I don't see how this affected the rest of their week of practice, let alone a game. It's not like they did this the night before the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was mistaken, not a week off, but they had the day off. How you spend that day off is no one's business. So they chose to enjoy themselves on their DAY OFF. Let me guess they should've been in their books and studying tape right, even though they had and I cannot emphasize this enough, DAY OFF. It's not how I would've spent my day off, but again I don't see how this affected the rest of their week of practice, let alone a game. It's not like they did this the night before the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
you can't be serious with this. you don't see how hopping on a plane to another state to drink it up and party on a boat affects performance? LOL, I practiced after a night of partying, I promise you I wasn't as sharp as if I hadn't. and you play like you practice. one thing that was evident, the party didn't help them did it?

You just get done with a game, how about you focus on getting your body ready for the next week on your day off? I'd take a win and advance or lose and go home game a bit more seriously, but that's me and obviously not OBJ.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts