The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I said it last year...he was having issues...people wanted to blame wr and righlty so..but I saw his was off.

Today, I think everyone could agree rodgers looked like rodgers of old. And if you agree then you probably are thinking last year he was off.

His Passes were on point..where they needed to be..

Swing passes in right spot ( I mentioned swing passes numerous times last year that he couldn't make those)..
He looks and sounds like a different guy to me. I’m encouraged also by Lazard and Scantling. I think we are in a good place offensively.

I find the injuries concerning, and LeFleur and Rodgers need to figure out the needless time-outs. That reeks of amateurish ineptitude.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He looks and sounds like a different guy to me. I’m encouraged also by Lazard and Scantling. I think we are in a good place offensively.

I find the injuries concerning, and LeFleur and Rodgers need to figure out the needless time-outs. That reeks of amateurish ineptitude.

It happened under mm too. So does that point it land on rodgers?

It is frustrating

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MUCH more accurate today. whatever he saw in his tape and corrected made a big difference. don't think he threw one bad ball. still avoiding the middle of the field and keyed on Adams too much but if the other team can't stop it you keep going there.
One pass to Deguara on the sideline was off. Rodgers was really accurate all game. Was glad to see they have faith in MVS. He is important with his speed. After two easy drops, I was wondering if it was really Jamon Moore out there. But they are going to roll with him unless he really blows it. Man, he needs to keep his eyes on the ball until he has the catch.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
More like RELAXed after seeing what that competition looks like.

You know, Rodgers met the Dalai Lama a while back and I got to thinking he might have met up with a Peruvian shaman when he was down that way in February. Maybe he was promised complete consciousness on his death bed. If so, he's got that going for him.
Gunga la Gunga

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MUCH more accurate today. whatever he saw in his tape and corrected made a big difference. don't think he threw one bad ball. still avoiding the middle of the field and keyed on Adams too much but if the other team can't stop it you keep going there.

You really don't know what you're watching, do you?

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No to read too much into this performance given that the Vikes defence is brand new and not settled in yet, but still...this would be a good confidence booster for AR.

Lions next week also has weak secondary, so we should see good passing.

Saints and Falcons will be the litmus test for this O.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One pass to Deguara on the sideline was off. Rodgers was really accurate all game. Was glad to see they have faith in MVS. He is important with his speed. After two easy drops, I was wondering if it was really Jamon Moore out there. But they are going to roll with him unless he really blows it. Man, he needs to keep his eyes on the ball until he has the catch.
that may have been more on deguara looking back early than on rodgers. last year rodgers had a lot of throws that were high, behind, low at their feet, and out of their reach completely. he's claimed he saw something in his past tape that he'd gotten away from and has corrected it. camp reports said he was more accurate. it's one game but yesterday's performance backed up those reports.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's all cut to the chase. Rodgers' worst seasons have been when he was in relationships. Free-swinging A-Rod has a lot of pent up energy and plays much better. It's fact!

:D

H

HardRightEdge

I said it last year...he was having issues...people wanted to blame wr and righlty so..but I saw his was off.

Today, I think everyone could agree rodgers looked like rodgers of old. And if you agree then you probably are thinking last year he was off.

Swing passes in right spot ( I mentioned swing passes numerous times last year that he couldn't make those)..
Actually, when Rodgers was Rodgers the first time around he'd miss on swing passes with some regularity, one of my pet peeves in the early years. That also has a lot to do with the guy he's throwing to releasing at the right angle.

Also, if you didn't see MVS running much crisper routes you were not paying attention.

Anyway, I observed last year that Rodgers was a bit off throwing from certain platforms. Still a great QB. I couldn't put my finger on it--I thought it might be the plate in his shoulder or the knee still gimped up affecting certain throws.

As it turns out, according to one of the game commentators, it was leg strength. Rodgers told him that he saw on tape that he wasn't throwing left off a good platform. Right was no problem. So he worked on leg strength in the offseason doing squats. There's the old addage about pitchers and QBs--age gets the legs before the arm.

Another factor is he had all day to throw against a sketchy group of CBs and not much of a pass rush. He didn't even have to extend plays but a couple of times thanks to better route running and those CBs. Let's keep that jersey clean all year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let's all cut to the chase. Rodgers' worst seasons have been when he was in relationships. Free-swinging A-Rod has a lot of pent up energy and plays much better. It's fact!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Saints and Falcons will be the litmus test for this O.

The Falcons defense struggled mightily against the Seahawks in week 1.

The Saints looked pretty good but Brady is significantly overrated at this point in his career. Let's wait and see how they fare against a decent quarterback.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

The Saints looked pretty good but Brady is significantly overrated at this point in his career. Let's wait and see how they fare against a decent quarterback.
Agree, I didn’t see anything special at all about Atlanta’s defense. I suspect they are a lower half of the league defense.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brees didn't look all that impressive tbh. And honestly I don't think their secondary is that great as the media is making them to be. We'll expose them.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He did have 2 or 3 games like this last season. Once I see him string a few of these together, I will RELAX. I did see one encouraging thing though. MVS had two bad drops in a couple minutes time Sunday. Last year and probably the year before that, he would have never looked his direction again possibly for a few weeks. But he went back to him later and picked up 40 yards or so.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You don't think Brady is decent?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
obj would be a mistake. can't afford him for one thing (they need to roll over as much $ as they can for next year) and rodgers wouldn't throw to him much anyway. the expense and chemistry issues wouldn't justify it. the guys they have know the O already...plus he'd be a massive distraction. rodgers is running the real MLF O now and it looks totally different from last years mishmash. he's throwing on time and accurately. his passes were coming out at around 2.5 seconds. the focus was on moving the chains and eating up the clock and he/they did it beautifully...just as designed. more, more, more of this. it'll take a lot of pressure off the injured, and lacking, defense.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rodgers wouldn't throw to him much anyway. the expense and chemistry issues wouldn't justify it.

I can understand the monetary reasons and believe we don't need him....but still... but how did you come to this conclusion?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
obj would be a mistake. can't afford him for one thing (they need to roll over as much $ as they can for next year) and rodgers wouldn't throw to him much anyway. the expense and chemistry issues wouldn't justify it. the guys they have know the O already...plus he'd be a massive distraction. rodgers is running the real MLF O now and it looks totally different from last years mishmash. he's throwing on time and accurately. his passes were coming out at around 2.5 seconds. the focus was on moving the chains and eating up the clock and he/they did it beautifully...just as designed. more, more, more of this. it'll take a lot of pressure off the injured, and lacking, defense.
And it really helps with time of possession. I don't know what the final numbers were from Sunday, But the Minnesota D was on the field a lot, and it showed in the 2H. It's a winning formula and it seems Rodgers has bought in. There were fewer long throws, and when he did make long throws, there were good reasons and a lot more success than last season.